Gamers Thread

Anyone know of any other decent fighters for 360?

I have:

Street Fighter 4
Soul Caliber 4
Samurai Shodown Sen (lol @ this game... head rolls... Conclusion!)
Virtua Fighter 5
Tekken 4
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (fuck this game with a knife)

Been looking at BlazBlue but I've never tried GuiltyGear or the like.

Get BlazBlue now...also other than that you pretty much have fighters covered for a bit.

I agree, I enjoy how all characters are unique and have their own play style. Unlike Street Fighter, where you have your chargers, down front (insert punch or kick)'ers, and your rollers. Don't get me wrong, I love the SF series, but the characters get stale after awhile.

How about the new MMA oriented fighters like UFC Undisputed? I find them to be quite deep as opposed to regular 2D fighters.

Boomshackalacka!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7zicaTxftQ&feature=channel[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc0k-T9Jj4E&feature=related[/ame]

This game is so much fuckin' fun!

I remember playing that on my Sega Saturn... beyond fun stuff. I would always get a dunk power up then run clear under my own basket and take a flying leap and dunk from there.

How about the new MMA oriented fighters like UFC Undisputed? I find them to be quite deep as opposed to regular 2D fighters.

I like the concept and the game play is fairly decent, but when I get to the ground and transition all the way up to right before full mount and I just keep going back and forth from half guard to north south that shit is ridiculous. And then they release the follow up that doesn't fix jack shit. The easiness of the difficulty and the broken ground game mechanics ruin the experience for me.

I watch a lot of MMA but I really don't care to play MMA video games. I've played the new games a couple of times, that's about it. I did play the original UFC game for playstation back in the day.

Not many good third person shooters that I'm aware of. Metal Gear Solid if they have it for PC, which I'm sure you've already heard of it.

The only other one I can think of is "Hitman". I would highly recommend it. Probably the best strategic third-person shooter I've played, with a decent storyline.

The hitman series is definitely what you want then. Hitman 2 is pretty dark and really fun with a ton of diverse levels and great freedom while not being so ridiculously stealth oriented like splinter cell. you can do steal, go in killing everything, set off little traps and well thought out plans etc. The first game had really bad graphics and not a lot of great gameplay mechanics and the 3rd one which went back and did some of the old stuff again i remember not liking so Hitman 2 is probably your best bet (especially replay value, I spent many hours going through the levels that take you through the office/skyscraper just shooting the fuck out of everyone with an automatic shotgun, fucking awesome).

I remember the Hitman series although I never got around to playing it. I'll check it out, thanks!

but when I get to the ground and transition all the way up to right before full mount and I just keep going back and forth from half guard to north south that shit is ridiculous.

Yeah that happens to me all the time, it's so frustrating! Glad I'm not the only one that happens to :lol:

I've never really been a Tomb Raider fan since I stopped playing the PS1, but this has sparked my interest.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1138626p1.html

crystal-dynamics-project-untitled-20101206055332936.jpg

Can anyone recommend me a pc shooter? I'm looking for something with decent production values (graphics, voice acting, doesn't crash) and design. Doesn't have to be amazing, just something to kill time. Nice graphics are a plus, my comp can run anything that exists. I prefer realism in shooters, but I'll take whatever. A big list is just as good as quality recs.