Gamers Thread

I decided to give Dragon Age another try a couple of days ago (I didn't quite dig the tactical/strategy-pausing-all-the-fucking-time aspect the first time) and I'm about 20 hours into it and not even a quarter of the way done. Pretty interesting story.

Wait till you get to the end. Talk about a ridiculous fucking battle that took me like an hour to actually get right lol.

I wish some of the exclusive console games would come to pc. I still have a fuckload of games I need to beat before I can uninstall them but Killzone 2 +3 and halo: reach would be sweet as fuck on pc. I'm glad they're releasing fable 3 on the pc because i sold my xbox to pay for my bands cd before i could get fable 3 and i definitely wouldn't have wanted to miss it since i loved 1 and 2 and had been waiting for fable since 2000 when it was previewed in a magazine as Project Ego.

I hate console exclusivity. For example, from what I hear, MLB 10: The show is a lot better than MLB 2K10, but I can't play the damn thing because it's only made for the PS3. :mad:

I can't imagine sports games being good on pc but yeah it really fucks it up for me when it comes to shooters. they were fucking MADE for the pc with the wasd, mouse look and graphical control options. hell even a port that would allow you to adjust the graphics in those games would be good enough for me, i just don't want to buy a ps3 and xbox whatever the fuck comes next for a few great games.

I miss the days when consoles had genres that were good for consoles(platformers are the first to come to mind) and PCs had games that were meant for KB&M. Of coarse I was a little kid and didn't even own a PC, but it would be pretty cool if things were like that now.

Lately though I've been thinking about picking up a PS3 mostly for the new Twisted Metal.

What is the point of that video?

Finished Assassin's Creed. Plot got really silly towards the end, but I really liked the character of Altair over Ezio in the second one. Gameplay was incredibly repetitive, though.
Started Assassin's Creed 2. Don't like the story too much, but the gameplay is fucking great. And I love that they added more color to the game, the first game was really lacking in that.

I don't know, what's the point of any gameplay video? Was that a serious question?

Well, sometimes they're humorous or intended to be montages of extremely cool/skillful gameplay (like the Bad Company montage you posted earlier) or stuff like that. So yeah, I guess it was a serious question.

Also, am I the only person who was bored to tears by the combat in Dragon Age? Maybe it's that I played as a melee class, but the combat was possibly even more boring than the combat in Neverwinter Nights (and pretty much exactly the same).

So does anyone know of anyone interested in n64 games? I have a bunch I'd like to sell. I have some of the good stuff like super mario and zelda.

Pm sent

I'll go ahead and post them here too, in case anyone else is interested.

Stuff is cartridge only

Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda - The Ocarina of Time
Turok - Dinosaur Hunter
Yoshi Story
Killer Instinct Gold
Hey You Pikachu
Quest 64
Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub Zero
Quest 64
Perfect Dark
Hexen
Starwars - Shadows of the Empire

Some games need cleaned, they have to be "as is" because I dont have a working 64 to test them.
I also have a pile of controllers I cant test.

I have some more junk games, and I think I have more games in general stashed somewhere. I'll look around.

Well, sometimes they're humorous or intended to be montages of extremely cool/skillful gameplay (like the Bad Company montage you posted earlier) or stuff like that. So yeah, I guess it was a serious question.

The point was to explain the specialization and playstyle of my character, and show an example of it. I decided to record it on a whim because I already finished the main campaign and for whatever retarded reason, Bioware doesn't let you go back and explore the world to finish all the side quests you may not have done. Thus the only combat I was able to record was a minor DLC quest.

...not that there needs to be a point to a video in the first place. So yeah, I guess that was a stupid question.

Also, am I the only person who was bored to tears by the combat in Dragon Age? Maybe it's that I played as a melee class, but the combat was possibly even more boring than the combat in Neverwinter Nights (and pretty much exactly the same).

The problem with melee classes in the original game is that stamina gets spent really quickly and hardly regenerates at all. There's a new potion to refill it in one of the DLC campaigns though. Playing a mage was much more fun because you have several direct damage abilities and you can refill mana easily.

A friend told me that playing a mage makes combat a lot more interesting. I put a solid six hours into my warrior, though, so I find the idea of starting over fairly annoying. I'll probably do it over the summer.

All I could understand from that video is that tiny velociraptors are evil. And youtube is filled with enough pointless videos as it is...

Doesn't change the fact that the game is going to be incredible. I'm seeing 90% in almost all reviews.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have it pre-ordered and am anticipating it greatly. I just really, really didn't like that ad-campaign. Was quite childish, wasn't all that funny, and was exactly what the video game industry DOESN'T need with the Supreme Court decision and such on the horizon.