Gamers Thread

A friend told me that playing a mage makes combat a lot more interesting.

Yeah, you should watch some videos of mages. Oh wait.

I put a solid six hours into my warrior, though, so I find the idea of starting over fairly annoying. I'll probably do it over the summer.

Six hours? That's it? At least the opening story thing will be different.

All I could understand from that video is that tiny velociraptors are evil. And youtube is filled with enough pointless videos as it is...

It's also filled with enough pointless commenters. :wave:

:p
Six hours is a considerable investment of time if it's completely wasted. It was probably more than that, tbh, but regardless. True, though, I forgot about the different openings.

So, what are your most anticipated games of 2011?

Mine are:

Dead Space 2 (so close)

Gears of War 3

Portal 2

Mortal Kombat (never really been a fan of fighting games but this looks insane)

Every mortal kombat game since (but not including) deadly alliance has been garbage. I'm not getting my hopes up.

So, what are your most anticipated games of 2011?

Mine are:

Dead Space 2 (so close)

Gears of War 3

Portal 2

Mortal Kombat (never really been a fan of fighting games but this looks insane)

How can you leave MASS EFFECT 3 out of that list...

A few more to add to that:

Metal Gear Solid: Rising
Shift II: Unleashed
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

and possibly Saints Row 3!

more than I can fucking count, 2011 is going to be amazing!

obviously the top of my list is
DUKE NUKEM FUCKING FOREVER (been waiting since i was 10 years old and beat duke 3d for this shit, sooo pumped c'mon may 3rd)
Deus Ex 3
Mass Effect 3
Elder Scrolls V
Fable 3
Crysis 2 (never played the first cuz i don't like jungle games but the crumbling city stuff sounds awesome)

and those are just my top games! obviously i'm also looking forward to the witcher 2, rage, dragon age 2 (i never played the first but the second sounds cool) etc. seriously when DNF comes out i'm going to lock myself in my apartment for 3 days with a shitload of beer, pizza and other things and just play through that fucker. Hopefully the demo comes out earlier than like 1 week before the game.

Oh, Crysis 2. Completely forgot about that series, but yeah, definitely pumped for a more urban environment. They just need to focus on slaughtering Koreans and recognize that the alien enemies fucking sucked. I mean, they looked cool enough and all, but they weren't much fun to fight.

The Witcher 2? I thought the first game sucked, but if they completely ditched the combat system there's no reason the second one couldn't be good.

I've never actually played either of the Mass Effect games but I'm aware of their reputation. I may pick them up once I'm not saving up for something else.

I'll also add Deus Ex and MGS: Rising to my list. Forgot to mention those.

Fair enough, the 1st Mass Effect is awesome story wise, but it gets repetitive going through all the planets to do specific shit. The 2nd one though is fucking awesome tenfold.

the new Twisted Metal

YES! And Max Payne 3!

5366079198_bc0a7bf7d9.jpg

Fuck :D

Beat Assassin's Creed 2. Story is absurd, but it's an awesome game.
Next up: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands.

I was bored so I thought I would take up playing GTA 4 again. The last time I played it a year or so ago I hated it, and guess what, nothing's changed.

The problem is the controls and the camera. I'm not only talking about the driving here, simply moving around on foot is awkward as hell. First of all, for some reason I can't fathom, you can't jog simply by pushing the left stick forward. Instead you have to push the stick forward while holding the X button. This makes it impossible to aim your gun with the right stick while jogging or sprinting, because your thumb is occupied with the X button. It also makes it impossible to even see where you're going or what's nearby while jogging (especially in stairs).

Second, the camera itself is sluggish, when you change direction the camera is always slightly delayed. Also, if you want to look to the sides while running the character himself will change direction. This, coupled with the character himself responding stiffly to your commands, takes away any of the joy you could have felt while interacting with the world.

Gunfights are also crap. When you're in cover, the character takes a year to respond when you press the shoot button, and if you don't hold the button in he will get back into cover immediately. The aiming also sucks ass. Since your enemies can take like five gunshots to the body you don't want to use auto aim, but if you remove it in order to be able to aim at people's heads, it becomes too hard to hit them.

This game is so overrated. The intricacy of the world is impressive and all, but it isn't fun to play at all.

hrm
I think the PC version may be better. There's no auto aim, but in order to sprint you just hold shift, so it's easy to aim while moving quickly. The cover system is a mess, but on the PC it's possible to just shoot everyone in the head pretty quickly so you don't really need it. Basically, the only control issues are with the helicopters.

Still looking forward to GW2 very much.

Currently playing...

League of Legends
Civ V
Anno 1404
WoW (Cataclysm is already getting old though...)
Team Fortress 2