Gamers Thread

@jimmy: haha i was playing destruction derby 2 recently. first one wasn't quite as good iirc?

working my way through the last express atm, and i've been playing some master of orion too.

Anyone have a Nintendo/Super Nintendo retro duo system? I've been thinking about picking one up considering the pins on my NES are fucked up, and everyone knows how much of a pain in the ass it is just to get a normal one to work. Also, before you go off on emulation, it just isn't the same man.

Anyone have a Nintendo/Super Nintendo retro duo system? I've been thinking about picking one up considering the pins on my NES are fucked up, and everyone knows how much of a pain in the ass it is just to get a normal one to work. Also, before you go off on emulation, it just isn't the same man.

I bought my sister one for Christmas two years ago and was a piece of shit. At first it didn't work at all so I returned it for another one and the next one we received fucked the coloring up for every game. Now it just collects dust in my basement and I look like an ass.

MAG?
Been playing the leaked beta of Crysis 2. It's very beta - the SCARAB assault rifle sounds like a taser and a lot of the voice acting is present in subtitles but you can't actually hear it. All the titles during the credits read "Placeholder Placeholder," etc. The game looks fucking fantastic, naturally. The gameplay is streamlined a bit from the first game to enable console controls (Q and E toggle armor/power and stealth, respectively), but you can still lean (a contextual function), so it's all good. The game highlights different tactical options (JUMP ON THIS!), which is cool when you're planning how to deal with a situation. The AI is a little weird; sometimes it's quite solid, other times it's kinda retarded, and it's never very aggressive. That said, I'm assuming that like other things this will be worked on. I've only played about an hour (gonna leave it alone till the finished thing comes out) but this seems like it could be a fucking awesome game, and I'm really glad they've been able to consolize it without dumbing down the gameplay.

MAG?
Been playing the leaked beta of Crysis 2. It's very beta - the SCARAB assault rifle sounds like a taser and a lot of the voice acting is present in subtitles but you can't actually hear it. All the titles during the credits read "Placeholder Placeholder," etc. The game looks fucking fantastic, naturally. The gameplay is streamlined a bit from the first game to enable console controls (Q and E toggle armor/power and stealth, respectively), but you can still lean (a contextual function), so it's all good. The game highlights different tactical options (JUMP ON THIS!), which is cool when you're planning how to deal with a situation. The AI is a little weird; sometimes it's quite solid, other times it's kinda retarded, and it's never very aggressive. That said, I'm assuming that like other things this will be worked on. I've only played about an hour (gonna leave it alone till the finished thing comes out) but this seems like it could be a fucking awesome game, and I'm really glad they've been able to consolize it without dumbing down the gameplay.

I heard it's super buggy and an edition from like january or something, I've been looking forward to the game for a while and considering the way they do their games with the cinematic atmosphere trying to drag you in i'll just wait for the final. I wouldn't want to fuck it up with some buggy thing thats going to be hard to use when I can just wait and then play the final thing and blast through it all in one intense session. I feel pretty bad for them considering how much work they put into the game and it leaked but I doubt it'll hurt their sales at least; I don't think many would go OH FUCK I HAVE THE BETA DON'T NEED TO BUY THE GAME LOL.

I'm about to get really high and play Black Ops shotgun style with ghost, sleight of hand and marathon!

I'll be inside hiding out laying those claymores/throwin' those frags, haha, fuck ya'll! :Smokedev:

If anyone wants to run a game with me, Specimen V. I suck, so don't give me shit you ugly bastards

L4D 1 and 2 have been my go to multiplayer games on pc for the last couple years.

I'm pulling in Madden 11 on gamefly here for 360, anyone have a comment on how well the multiplayer works? Last Madden game I played was 08 for pc, and before that 97 on n64 XD