Gamers Thread

The Razer Onza comes out soon I think, although not a stick it is a lot cheaper than one.

http://a.fsdn.com/gc/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ouza_versions-544x440.png

- Wired (compatible with a converter)
- Improved D-pad, kind of similar to the PS Pad in that it has 4 directional buttons as opposed to the disc on the standard pad.
- Analog sticks can be manually adjusted to change sensitivity (small ring underneath the thumb stick is used to adjust)
- Has an extra shoulder button on each side which you can assign an additional button to, two switches on the back of the controller to change the mapping.
- Usable as a PC controller
- Comes in two versions, "Razer Tournament Editon $49.99 / Razer Standard Edition $39.99". Standard edition doesn't include the back lighting and adjustable analogs.

Razer is a good PC gaming company so It'll be interesting to see their first product for the 360 (I believe).

If you're strictly looking for a stick though, you'd have to tell me your price range.

Yeah I was looking at that controller and the new 360 one earlier today, these stock d pads are just horrible for precision and only get worse with a lot of usage.

Honestly on the stick side I couldn't go above 70 bucks, but I may just recorder MK tournament edition. Was just really looking forward to the booked statues from the kollectors edition instead :-/

The Dragon Age 2 demo is pretty fun. I like it a lot better than the first game, especially the faster-paced combat and less sluggish movement. The user interface is a lot nicer as well, though some features like the inventory were locked for the demo. Overall the demo feels less clunky than Origins.

I'm REALLY digging Deadly Premonition. Anyone who has been a fan of survival horror games for quite some time, and enjoy a solid story told over eccentric characters and billions of b-rated nods should check this out. I'm still upset it took me a year to get a hold of it.

I really can't wait for Deus Ex 3, the first is probably my favorite game ever and even if the new one doesn't live up to the 1st it'll still be awesome. With so many good games coming out I have no idea how i'm going to finish them all; Deus ex 3, duke nukem forever, crysis 2, mass effect 3, elder scrolls 5 i mean fuck, i haven't even finished all the games i have now haha

Midnight Club: Los Angeles must be the best open-world street racing game I've ever played. Darting down Sunset in a 69' Chevy Camaro is fuckin' priceless!

There's gameplay footage of the sequel to American McGee's Alice, Alice: Madness Returns, up on IGN. I never played the original but this one looks pretty awesome.

Also, the Darkness II.

the-darkness-ii-20110304103221337_640w.jpg

the-darkness-ii-20110304103210744_640w.jpg

the-darkness-ii-20110304103208619_640w.jpg

EDIT: Here are some of the Alice videos

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR8wXsvUrBg&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you guys seen/read the articles on the new Unreal 3 engine? there's one on IGN and obviously it's specifically made to show shit off but damn some of the stuff looks fucking awesome! the reflections in the water and shadows are really fucking sweet and I can't wait to see what this engine can do in upcoming PC games when it's used often!

I just wanna put this here because I'm pretty mediocre at Day of Defeat: Source and this is the best I've ever done.

I'm Oatmeal --------------------------------------------------------------------v
dodawesomesmall.jpg

Those are the scores at the end of the round, which for me concluded with an epic melee fight with an enemy (our guns ran out of ammo) and right after that me killing another guy with my shovel. Pretty proud of myself :)

Nice. I remember playing the old Day of Defeat hotseat with a friend. I got a multikill with the shovel by sneaking up on two guys from behind. Apparently on that server shovel kills result in a big voice saying HUMILIATION...they were such sore losers I got kicked for it. Shovel kills are win.

There's gameplay footage of the sequel to American McGee's Alice, Alice: Madness Returns, up on IGN. I never played the original but this one looks pretty awesome.

The gameplay looks overall very much like a faithful, new gen version of what was done in the original. I just reinstalled the original a few weeks ago actually, and upon not being able to find my discs at first I found out that....http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...p?ie=UTF8&qid=1299349109&sr=8-1&condition=new I REALLY SHOULD OF KEPT THIS GAME IN THE CASE(despite loving it so).

been playing a lot of Marvel VS Capcom 3 lately. the game is pretty fuckin insane! my main team is Deadpool, Dante and Trish and i kick a decent amount of ass with them online.

Hori makes some good arcade sticks. i have one for the PS3 and it's very responsive and precise.

Did you go with the 100 buck version or 60 dollar one? I was going to go with the MK tournament edition as it looked to have a solid built, then I released the shoulder buttons are located up by the start and guide buttons.