Gamers Thread

Fuck I waited far too long to replay Fallout 3; I had beaten it on 360 and now am doing it for PC and I have sooo much to catch up on.

I finally finished the main story of 3 + brotherhood of steel dlc but still have to do all the other dlc and explore the entire capital wasteland. fuck. It's really fun though so it's all good.

Also I just started New Vegas which is fucking fun. The only downside is the map itself fucking blows; walking across the desert and shooting shitty animals blows ass in comparison to fallout 3. The capital wasteland is extremely diverse, interesting, filled with stuff all over, crazy ruins to explore, different terrain, tons of different monsters etc. When I compare exploring the wasteland to the mojave it feels like walking across the mojave just sucks.

on another note though the new gameplay elements fucking rule. I love the new ammo, new fame system and a lot of the gameplay tweaks, as well as some of the updates to the graphics and such. Obviously it just feels like an expansion pack but it is really fucking fun. I still love the capital wasteland and that environment far more and it feels totally different but new vegas is fun to play as well. If they had the gameplay elements of NV in fallout 3 then I'd be fucking in love with it; nothign beats exploring old fucked up political buildings and killing supermutants or seeing the stuff you do actually affect the game world and trying to traverse all of it to find shit like alien blasters.

gotta beat all this shit before deus ex, which i have a feeling will be out in april by the way they phrase the release date of early 2011.

Did you go with the 100 buck version or 60 dollar one? I was going to go with the MK tournament edition as it looked to have a solid built, then I released the shoulder buttons are located up by the start and guide buttons.

mine is the Tekken 6 version that came with the game. it works fine with SSF4 and MvC3. there's a bunch of X360 sticks with 8 buttons on the face too.

mine is the Tekken 6 version that came with the game. it works fine with SSF4 and MvC3. there's a bunch of X360 sticks with 8 buttons on the face too.

Wow, just saw how badly autocorrect fecked up my post there. Thanks for the tip.

I've been running Akuma / Dante / Tron as my main team with overall good results.

As expected, the opinions on this are extremely split.

My RPG background consists mainly of WoW, so I like faster-paced, individual combat. Origins felt very slow and clunky, the few active direct-damage abilities there were had long cooldowns, which you were stuck slowly auto-attacking between; and even when you did have several of them later in the game you couldn't use them all in a fight because resources depleted quickly. There still aren't that many active abilities, but enemies drop quickly anyway, and the auto-attacks are quicker and more viscerally satisfying.

I'm not a tactical genius and don't enjoy strategy games, so I prefer just controlling a single character. In DA2 it feels like you have more leeway to focus on your own character and let the AI make all the choices for the party members.

As for the story... I haven't heard great things but I'm not done with the game yet so I won't comment.

I've been playing Call of Juarez: bound in Blood (or whatever it's called) and am having a pretty damn great time with it. I love when you have in-between time during the story and can take up missions and just travel through the open version of the world (which feels moderately large given how small it actually is) and just do missions and whatnot. Also, dueling as a form of boss fighting is awesome as hell.

It makes me really wish there was an epic open world wild west type game for PC, especially since I have absolutely grown to love the whole old west theme.

My RPG background consists mainly of WoW, so I like faster-paced, individual combat. Origins felt very slow and clunky, the few active direct-damage abilities there were had long cooldowns, which you were stuck slowly auto-attacking between; and even when you did have several of them later in the game you couldn't use them all in a fight because resources depleted quickly. There still aren't that many active abilities, but enemies drop quickly anyway, and the auto-attacks are quicker and more viscerally satisfying.

I'm not a tactical genius and don't enjoy strategy games, so I prefer just controlling a single character. In DA2 it feels like you have more leeway to focus on your own character and let the AI make all the choices for the party members.

As for the story... I haven't heard great things but I'm not done with the game yet so I won't comment.

I hear you. I haven't played 2 yet, but given its new combat direction it has brought itself a lot of hate from some and praise from others. More "streamlined" combat always seems to be a taboo subject with the elitist RPG fans.

I have absolutely grown to love the whole old west theme.

This game is 14 years old and isn't open world, but you should absolutely try Outlaws if you haven't already. It's a great game with a very interesting story and unique presentation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Outlaws was amazing back in the day. I just reinstalled Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 not too long ago, I should locate that disc as well.

I didn't do all the sidequests in my first playthrough of Origins, so I made it a point to do most of them in this game. There are a lot in the beginning but they taper off and become more managable.

And don't worry about getting 50 gold, it'll come pretty quick if you do most of the quests, and money won't be a problem later in the game, you'll have enough of it to buy goodies from the various vendors.

Blah, I'm failing to get Outlaws installed on windows 7, I managed with Dark Forces 2, but this is proving a tad bit more difficult.

won 3rd place at an MvC3 tournament at the mall! i made some amazing comebacks and wowed the crowd with my chained hyper combos. even crushed some sentinel spammers on my way to the finals! the 1st and 2nd guys were crazy tho.

just started DA2 on PC and am liking it a lot. the combat definitely looks and plays better. havent met Isabela yet but i will probably screw Merril, her quirkiness and insecurity appeals to me.