Gamers Thread

I'm really loving the Left 4 Dead 2 steam group servers. 20 people playing in versus mode rocks super hard.

I'm actually looking forward to the new Duke Nukem.

i'm fucking PUMPED about the new duke! i've been waiting for this since i played it with my brother in 1997, i'm so excited for this! i'm going to have to upgrade my comp though, hopefully replacing the motherboard and getting a new processor won't be too tough and my bro can help me. when it comes out i'm going to stay home for 3 days and eat shitty junk food, drink soda and fuck shit up!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Zero Punctuation review prompted me to start playing Minecraft again. I'm working on building a castle. I'm currently laying the foundation. It's gonna be built somewhat offshore, with a causeway connecting it to the mainland. So far I've built the causeway and started on the foundation. The base is going to be a completely man-made island, 130x110 (graduated so that the foundation on which the castle is built is 120x100). This requires 14,300 blocks just for the foundation, so this is gonna take a while. Then I can start on the castle itself. It's going to have a main keep (obviously), a grand hall, a stables, a garden, and I guess some other structures (a smaller tower, and maybe a barracks with a dungeon in it), as well as a pretty awesome wall that will be pretty damn high and have at least two levels of passages inside it, as well as some hefty guard towers. This is gonna take fucking forever, of course, but one day it will be done and it will be fucking awesome.

Fucking hell, I remember the long awsome days hanging out with frinds playing TM,TM World Tour and Twisted Metal Black. This looks fucking amazing, for sure my most wanted game of 2011!

Looks pretty cool, might be the reason for a ps3.

I just hope it isn't gr1mdark like Black was. The first two and headon had great dark humor.

After finishing Dead Space 2 last night, I have to recommend it to absolutely everyone. It has one of the best campaigns I have ever played. If you haven't played the first one, I would recommend you play it first as the story will make a lot more sense and there are two parts of the game that you'll particularly appreciate.

It is kind of short. I think my final completion time was about 9 hours. It felt a lot longer though, probably because I was playing on the hardest difficulty and kept dying. If you do get it, I would recommend playing on Zealot for your first round. It's much more immersive and will probably extend it's longetivity. And once you do finish it, there's plenty of reasons to go back and play it again.

It is kind of short. I think my final completion time was about 9 hours. It felt a lot longer though, probably because I was playing on the hardest difficulty and kept dying. If you do get it, I would recommend playing on Zealot for your first round. It's much more immersive and will probably extend it's longetivity. And once you do finish it, there's plenty of reasons to go back and play it again.

Starting on zealot is the way to go for sure. Anyone who beat it in 5 hours their first time around was playing it on easy and wasn't observing the world around them at all. Besides, games around the same length as the first, so what would one expect?

Slowly looks to the side with a grimace.... "What?" :lol:

The Zero Punctuation review prompted me to start playing Minecraft again. I'm working on building a castle. I'm currently laying the foundation. It's gonna be built somewhat offshore, with a causeway connecting it to the mainland. So far I've built the causeway and started on the foundation. The base is going to be a completely man-made island, 130x110 (graduated so that the foundation on which the castle is built is 120x100). This requires 14,300 blocks just for the foundation, so this is gonna take a while. Then I can start on the castle itself. It's going to have a main keep (obviously), a grand hall, a stables, a garden, and I guess some other structures (a smaller tower, and maybe a barracks with a dungeon in it), as well as a pretty awesome wall that will be pretty damn high and have at least two levels of passages inside it, as well as some hefty guard towers. This is gonna take fucking forever, of course, but one day it will be done and it will be fucking awesome.

I have a bazillion blocks of cobblestone, lumber, glass, etc but no inspiration to build anything. My general style of play is to find a mountain, bore a mancave into the side of it, make a glass facade, and build a cart system on top to travel to future mountains.

Tried the Magicka demo. I thought it was a super-cool concept, but in practice I kept spamming arcane-lightning-fire at everything and killed half the enemies before they made it on-screen. Still, the potential for puzzle solving and enemies with interesting immunities etc is there. I may buy it if it goes on a good sale.

Been playing Singularity. This is very competent but kinda dull and predictable. Also, some of the enemies are annoying. Why do designers put annoying enemies in games? Do they think they're fun to fight? I mean, games are supposed to be fun...so don't make us do stuff that isn't fun.

My girlfriend just gave me her second Wii she had just lying around so I'm going to get around to softmodding it and getting all the classic nintendo games on it. I mean, I could continue to play them on keyboard + mouse (Playing Ocarina of Time on my computer atm), but I think the gc controller will make it a lot more genuine.

I'm bored. This is what I've been playing lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr1gGa:rofl:QMk&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnISlKuMrig&playnext=1&list=PL325C61B040A6966A[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bccSP44EA2I&feature=related[/ame]

My girlfriend just gave me her second Wii she had just lying around so I'm going to get around to softmodding it and getting all the classic nintendo games on it. I mean, I could continue to play them on keyboard + mouse (Playing Ocarina of Time on my computer atm), but I think the gc controller will make it a lot more genuine.

Or you could just get a USB gamepad.