Gamers Thread

Homefront is appalling. The singleplayer campaign is like a really short, unpolished, terrible clone of Modern Warfare. Haven't played multiplayer, but the $60 price tag is just insulting.

Starcraft 2 is fucking awesome. Really really polished. Blizzard are a class act...so many genius touches on that. And of course the core gameplay is untouchable.

Crysis 2 is also awesome. Nice long campaign, pretty well-polished. The AI has some glitches but when it works it works really well. If they work on it, Crysis 3 could be fucking amazing. Human enemies are still more fun than aliens, but these aliens are a lot more fun to fight than the ones in Crysis 1.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior is pretty shitty. Has a real budget feel.

Nope. Crysis 2 is terrible.

The Diablo III beta is supposed to start some time in July to September :D

This has been the all consuming mention within gaming for the last week here. I started new D2 and Torchlight characters upon reading the official news release. :tickled:

Anyone else excited for LA Noire?

It looks cool, no doubt, however I feel as though I'm one of few that isn't anticipating it all that heavily.

This has been the all consuming mention within gaming for the last week here. I started new D2 and Torchlight characters upon reading the official news release. :tickled:

Yeah I started playing D2 online with my friend a couple of days ago. Got a 24 frenzy barbarian.

Frenzy works great for me cause I'm not that into the mechanics into the game and more into the overall aesthetic, so I can just listen to some fitting music while watching my barbarian turn a couple thousand hulking monsters into piles of blood and loot.

i'm having fun with Darkspore. it's Diablo in space with very pretty graphics. there's a huge selection of aliens you can customize and form squads with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liking the look of an explosives/support Engineer. Pistol/Shield with Grenade kit, Elixir kit, and Med kit.

Though I still plan on maining a Norn Necro.

xbox got the red rings yesterday. can't complain i guess, went three years strong without a single issue, which is very unlike an xbox :err:

Does anyone know if Victoria II will run ok with a nvidia Geforce 8600GT M?

I know it doesn't meet the minimum spec on the box BUT the demo of that game runs on my laptop and it isn't exactly Crysis.

Does anyone know if Victoria II will run ok with a nvidia Geforce 8600GT M?

I know it doesn't meet the minimum spec on the box BUT the demo of that game runs on my laptop and it isn't exactly Crysis.

In my experience you can generally run games a bit under the minimum specs as long as you're okay with performance lags. With a game like that it should be okay. That said, I'm playing Crusader Kings right now and it stutters now and then on my supercomputer.

Up to 70 on my barbarian. Baal runs haven't gotten boring yet. Yet.

Going to Hell tomorrow. Difficulty, that is, not the rapture :p