Gamers Thread

I think it would be fun, but right now I can probably only
spare something like 5-15 hours a week. I'd probably be most open to something browser-based with low system requirements so I can still multi-task.
Yeah, I don't think I'll be playing a whole lot more than that.

Here are a few games that I think look good. If anyone else has ideas or is interested let me know

Allods Online
Runes of Magic
Anarchy Online: This ones older, so might be better if a lot of people have older comps. I've played this one before and it's pretty fun.

The Guild Wars thing is a good idea, although I won't be joining. I wouldn't be able to participate reliably anyways.

Yeah, we could always do the first game as well, although at first you can only have like one party member. It's not really much of an MMO either considering you only meet other people in cities and stuff.

MMO CHAT"

Just wait another month for both Age of Conan or Warhammer Online to become free-to-play. Age of Conan was fun as hell (albeit extremely broken in the beginning), but I've heard nothing but good things about it now.

Warhammer online was fun, especially the pvp and castle sieges. But prepare to be obliterated in T4 from people who are the same level as you, but have a shit ton more "renown" (think of this as a secondary leveling system).

My vote goes towards Age of Conan. Best combat mechanics in an mmo ever.

Edit: Memories of what was broken/promised/never implemented in AoC have come back to haunt me. Although great progress has been made since then, the game still appears to have quite the bit of bullshit wrong with it. To reiterate: It's made huge strides, and those things they fixed are fantastic! But it's still a broken game that belongs in the garbage apparently.

Fuck it, let's do Guild Wars 2. Or that MMO (forgot the name) where you could attack like a first person shooter (when you use a bow, you actually have to aim the damned thing yourself), and could loot the bodies of your enemies for everything they had.

The main problem I might have with a free MMO is micro-transactions might be a problem. Like I heard that in Lord of the Rings Online you pretty much end up paying to play the full game even though it went free to play.

Yeah, that's a valid concern.

I tried LOTRO and I couldn't stand it, it was like a sub-par WoW clone with an awful camera/text font.

That seems like it's a common complaint among a lot of MMOs since WoW came out. That's why I'm really looking forward to GW2, it looks like they are breaking the WoW mold and doing a bunch of new things.

Fuck it, let's do Guild Wars 2. Or that MMO (forgot the name) where you could attack like a first person shooter (when you use a bow, you actually have to aim the damned thing yourself), and could loot the bodies of your enemies for everything they had.

That would be Darkfall, and I've been there and done that. Let me say that it was the worst MMO I have ever played. It was also one of the most memorable. I can imagine it being fun playing with a huge group of friends, but if it's going to be less than 5 people playing it will be terrible. Also, as far as I know, it's still pay-to-play.

That would be Darkfall, and I've been there and done that. Let me say that it was the worst MMO I have ever played. It was also one of the most memorable. I can imagine it being fun playing with a huge group of friends, but if it's going to be less than 5 people playing it will be terrible. Also, as far as I know, it's still pay-to-play.

Awwww :(

I really wish they fixed Age of Conan up right and proper. he game was fucking beautiful, combat was fun, magic was supposed to have this badass conjur system that never got put in... the whole game died after Tortage (starting area) though. You can tell where they dumped most of the budget (Tortage); for example, the starting area is the only area in the whole game that has full on voice acting. Everywhere else it's just subtitles. I thought my sound card blew out when I got out of the starting area because everyone was silent.

Been playing Diablo II with my girlfriend. Anyone know the best way to power level a character? I have a level 70 barbarian. We both started playing new characters, but I got bored and would like to do higher level stuff with her.

Been playing Diablo II with my girlfriend. Anyone know the best way to power level a character? I have a level 70 barbarian. We both started playing new characters, but I got bored and would like to do higher level stuff with her.

Use your level 70 to power level her.

I only have a laptop.

There are laptops that have no problems with games. My ~10,000 SEK laptop runs Oblivion just fine. (Or Crysis even, and many other modern games. Not sure what the benchmark games are today.) Reasonably quietly, and with no overheating whatsoever.