Gamers Thread

Indeed...my current desktop laughs at Oblivions maximum requirements and yet it won't let me render grass more than 50 feet away. Really annoying, I think I might rather just not have grass than have it pop in constantly.

seriously, i edited the .ini, did everything i possibly could but that pop in grass drives me INSANE. i hope skyrim has options for those of us who like having super computers.

i noticed people were talking about hitman earlier, and i'm worried about the new game. the soundtrack artist, diana and 47 are all not going to be in the game supposedly. i'm all for change but this sounds really sketchy to me and it won't feel like a hitman game if there's no 47 likeness/voice or diana or that unique soundtrack. i'm really hoping that it doesn't have him basically globehopping killing people in a rogue/renegade style of using whatever weapons he can find and not having contracts (like the movie man on fire) because while that could be cool, i think it'd just get too boring without being able to go to your hideout, get new unique contracts and use/upgrade your customizable weapons. i don't want to kill random thugs/people who are after me the whole game, but it seems like thats where it's going. i'll definitely miss getting the briefings, loading up my weapons, and searching the map for spots without n00b tools like enhanced vision and whatnot.

The real question is when are we gonna be able to shoot children in games?......:lol:

Just beat Mass Effect. Can't wait to play 2.

:kickass: Seriously I thought Halo was fucking awesome, shooting aliens & shit, But then I played Mass Effect and it just took it to a whole new level for me in terms of Galaxy wars. I know there 2 different games, but similar end-story results in a way.

Get all the DLC for the 2nd game. Makes it so much funner to tell you the truth. Not that it isn't.

Anyways I can't fucking wait to get my hands on Mass Effect 3

Started up another replay of Fallout 3 on the PS3. The game has more personality and depth than New Vegas. Plus, fighting through the D.C. Mall is better than the Vegas Strip.
Looking forward to the release of Skyrim in November.

just started playing League of Legends and it's fun as hell. reminds me of my good old DotA days in college and naturally i rock at it

So i want to finish up Oblivion before Skyrim comes out and it keeps freezing during the mission where you gather bones to make arrows out of them in the Shivering Isles, not sure what to do anymore:(

Have you updated your Oblivion to the latest patch?

If you have and that still didn't work, try this unofficial patch:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5296

Hope that helps.