Gamers Thread

Do you play this game anymore? Just wondering.

I was replying to Hamburgerboy if you're wondering.

I do play every now and then. Not all that regularly, though...I have a big shiny computer and feel obliged to slog through the latest AAA games to justify the expense.

My god. You are the single most contrary person I've ever encountered. Diablo 2 improved on the original in every single way imaginable...more classes, more involved skill system, streamlined combat, basically every single facet of the game was improved.

Diablo II was the first casualty in Blizzard's multiplayerization of their franchises. Your "more" points are valid, as can be expected considering it had probably an infinitely larger budget and more room for assorted stuff, but they used the infinity to try and get players playing as long as possible. Nightmare and Hell difficulty aren't even available in Diablo in singleplayer IIRC, but if you want to get more worthwhile "stuff" (whether a new item or a higher level or whatever) you have to grind for it. With Diablo you're in and out within a relatively short period of time, just enough to get your fix and quit.

But I'm pretty sure that you consider World of Warcraft to be entertaining, so I fully understand your preference.

I never played World of Warcraft. As far as Diablo 2 goes...if you want to play it as a single-player RPG, you can. You can cruise through Normal difficulty with fairly minimal grinding, no more than you'd expect from most RPGs. After that, you can go further and play though again on higher difficulties (and yes, you can do that in singleplayer) and get crazy loot and whatnot. But the base singleplayer game of 4-5 acts is extremely solid. You level quickly, collect varied loot, engage a large variety of monsters in varied environments, and basically do everything that you do in Diablo 1 only better and more so and fuck you hamburgerboy, you're an asshole.

You basically seem to be complaining that they took the single-player action RPG, and then added an MMO to the end. You don't have to play the MMO, so shut up.

Show fucking Half life 3 you dicks! It's so obvious by now that Episode 3 is just going to be Half Life 3, I mean they always say they're working on it but can't talk about it, episode 3 is the third installment and taking forever while the other 2 didn't take forever, I mean come on now. I can't wait to see what Half Life 3 will look like but I'm sure they're working on it a long time and delaying it so they can milk the current source engine as long as possible.

I was watching some video on Giant Bomb where they went through Deus ex for a while with the New Vision full mod (just got released, replaces a shitload of textures and uses directx10 renderer, if you own deus ex/don't own it/have played it/haven't played it you shoudl do a replay with the full release of that mod on as it looks great and makes the best game of all time even better) and they mentioned some game coming out called I or Eye (they said the name but obviously didn't spell it or anything), has anyone heard of this? They said it was looking like deus ex and I've always been looking for games like Deus ex (yes I know all the main ones that are similar) so i'd be very interested in this game but can't find it. Anyone know what they were talking about? Either way Human Revolution is coming out in 12 days so that's great, after the beta I'm beyond pumped to play that and am going to gamestop tonight to preorder it so I can get the extra mission (hate preorder shit but gotta do it).

The game you are thinking of is E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy. I have heard it's similar to Deus Ex, but I have not yet played it. Just started playing The Nameless Mod actually.

Finished up another play through of Fallout 3 the other day. The problems I have with it is that I get too much experience for completing the main quest. And since I raised the difficulty to try and make the game challenging I ran out of levels before completing everything. Started playing Dead Space.

It's kinda cool but so far I'm finding not only the atmosphere inferior but also the pacing and the level design.

Getting pretty annoyed with the league of legends metagame lately, even more so than when I last mentioned it. Everyone is so hyper aggressive it's more like playing russian roulette than a computer game. They charge in, kill one another, and whoever comes out on top picks up the momentum. Repeat. Losing team surrenders at the 20min mark.

And Riot wants it like this. Way to cater to a bunch of zero attention span children.

I just saw some screenshots of the Skyrim races, and they're pretty damn fantastic. A total upgrade from Oblivion's horrifying facegen technology.

Yeah, they were posted over on Reddit, definitely looks good. Coupled with how the guy at Quakecon talked about levelling/skill trees/combat, etc. and how he showed stuff...it looks like a pre-order worthy game to me.

Gonna pre-order Mass Effect 3 soon too. PSYCHED.

My brother is one of the artists for Mass Effect 3. He worked on the two previous games as well. Usually, as in the past, he has hooked me with a lot of Bioware game swag (i.e. hoodies, shirts, free games, etc). Let me know if anyone is interested and I will see what I can get. The more exposure for Bioware and their games, all the more positive advertisement that keeps my brother employed.

by swag I think he means stuff like promotional items, t shirts, cups, baseball hats, drink holders etc. i'm kinda looking forward to ME3 but tbh there are so many other games that i'm far more excited for than a game which is going to be me2 with slightly better graphics, bigger scripted sequences and some new gameplay additions.

thanks to the guy who posted the game ia sked about on the last page, it drove me insane trying to find this haha