Gamers Thread

The new patch in Starcraft 2 has made playing Protoss so much more manageable. The upgrade costs used to be ridiculous, and I would completely fail in late-game battles against Zerg and Terran. I just won an online match, and it's pretty much all thanks to the better upgrade costs.

Yeah Skyrim is going to be the shiznit. Going to make a Nord and tear shit up as a battlemage, only to willingly get bitten by a werewolf 2 hours into the game and abandon any magic in favor for tossing people around like dolls.

Today = Skyrims Eve

To bad tomorrow I'll be sick as a dog, not sure if I'll even be able to play the game... or at least that's what my work will think.

Today = Skyrims Eve

To bad tomorrow I'll be sick as a dog, not sure if I'll even be able to play the game... or at least that's what my work will think.

Let me guess...are you coming down with the Kangaroo Flu? Luckily I have Veterans Day off or I would be calling in sick too.

My friend's been playing Skyrim all day. I'm still downloading. Should be done in a couple hours, and then...forever alone indeed.

Anyone know a place I'd be able to find a torrent of the original Starcraft + Brood War without loading up my computer with viruses?

You can? But what about just playing a regular old game on the old maps with the old units? I miss lurkers.

Just played around 10 minutes of Skyrim. Damn beautiful game! I just had to share the enjoyment real quick, now back to it!

FYI, my time zone it's still 2 hours before midnight, but hey not complaining!

I'm leaning Bosmer Archer.

Archery
Stealth
Illusion
Alchemy
Light Armor

Dunmer Necromancer/Assassin for me.
Stealth
Conjuration
Illusion
....will be mastered

I'll take various perks in One handed, pick-pocketing, lock-picking, and archery and restoration to get some extra goodies.

Preliminary Skyrim thoughts: Great atmosphere, horrible interface, seems better than Oblivion but not sure yet how it deals with Oblivion's fundamental flaws. Magic is loud.

Quite annoyed by how the camera shakes like crazy every time you get hit. I guess it's supposed to be "immersive" but if anything it has the opposite effect for me.

Yeah, I'm mildly underwhelmed by Skyrim to be honest after having played a couple of hours of it. The menus are completely shit compared to Oblivion's. Even though I'm on PC, it feels like I'm playing it on console because I can't even fucking click on a speech option, no, I have to scroll with W and A and then press E to choose. Let's not even get into how lame the Spell and Inventory menus are, I mean that couldn't have taken more than a couple of hours of programming and designing. Also, the quests have been quite mediocre so far, but I haven't joined a guild except the Companions yet so hopefully that will pick up.

Other than that, it's still a fun game and I will probably lose most of next week on this crap.

I just won another match online as Zerg. I think they're the race I'm best with. I think they are the best at harassment. They have the fastest air units that can attack ground, as well as the fastest unit in the game which has high dps and costs half a supply per unit.

One bone to pick with Skyrim is that I miss hitting the tab button and seeing my warrior, character, avatar whatever you call it; because then I could see the armor that he was wearing and/or just how cool I made my guy look.

Why the fuck did they take that out?

Bahh...

Anyway a few other minor things also bother me but whatever, beyond that the game is good.

It just is missing a few things that I really enjoyed about Oblivion, But still the best damn game I've played all year!

I'll just have to ignore the few shortcomings.