Gamers Thread

The Alpha Series, seeing as he's way more adaptable. If Booker can kill one so can an Alpha.
The Big Sister. Try setting a Big Daddy on a Big Sister in 2 without intervening and see what happens.

Yeah I think the same results.

The Alpha Series is more versatile than the Fireman; the Big Sister is more agile, although the Handyman can leap further, eliminating a distance advantage.

Also, which do you like more: Plasmids (BioShock 2) or Vigors?

You should play Bioshock 2 as well. While it's not as impactful as the first game, it fixes a lot of the problems that the original had. You're able to duel wield plasmids with weapons, which makes the action way more satisfying. The plasmid upgrades are also way cooler. There are way more enemy types, meaning that combat can get really interesting. The Big Sister fights are particularly fun. I enjoyed the hacking minigame in the original but this one is much more fluid and it doesn't take you out of the action. The game also doesn't lose any of its steam during the last few hours, which is the main problem with the first Bioshock (I think Ken Levine said this was mainly due to the suits and he wanted the game to end way earlier). Anyway, I remember feeling much more satisified with the final sections of Bioshock 2 than with Bioshock 1. I still prefer Bioshock 1 but I think of 2 as being the Aliens to Bioshock's Alien. It's not as groundbreaking but it's a damn good sequel.

You should also play Minerva's Den i you get the chance. I'd say it's on par with, if not slightly better, than the main game.

MGR was the only Metal Gear I had played outside of MGS2 at the time (I'm working my way through MGS 3 now though) but I really enjoyed it. It's a great action game made by the best action game developers out there.

Seems like I've got some game shopping to do. I'll definitely pick up the rest of the series with one of my paychecks soon (except maybe infinite since it's at full price will just wait and entertain myself with the other BioShocks until it drops, ha).

Yes, MG is amazing. MG4: Guns of the Patriots might be my favorite, such an epic ending. But the entire series like you said will not leave you disappointed.

Also, which do you like more: Plasmids (BioShock 2) or Vigors?

Honestly, the plasmids. Although Murder of Crows is one of the coolest things in any of the games.

Seems like I've got some game shopping to do. I'll definitely pick up the rest of the series with one of my paychecks soon (except maybe infinite since it's at full price will just wait and entertain myself with the other BioShocks until it drops, ha).

Yes, MG is amazing. MG4: Guns of the Patriots might be my favorite, such an epic ending. But the entire series like you said will not leave you disappointed.

If you're not picking Infinite up soon, make sure you avoid spoilers like the plague.

The Jetstream Sam DLC for Rising comes out tomorrow! Very excited for that.

Honestly, the plasmids. Although Murder of Crows is one of the coolest things in any of the games.

If you're not picking Infinite up soon, make sure you avoid spoilers like the plague.

The Jetstream Sam DLC for Rising comes out tomorrow! Very excited for that.

Yeah Murder of Crows is awesome. Pair it with Shock Jockey or Devil's Kiss and that's a seriously fucking awesome attack. Also, I love Undertow and Bucking Bronco. :kickass:

Yeah like he said, DO avoid spoilers, as hard as it may be. :Spin:

Has anyone else played Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel?

I've been enjoying this game immensely, It's strictly Single-Player with Co-Op. No Multiplayer or anything, which is good IMO because Multiplayer has been shit since the beginning.

The Story was pretty good. And a couple of unexpected twists.

Overkill Contracts is pretty cool too. It's basically a mode where you try and keep your overkill ability (Invulnerability with an endless clip of explosive bullets) going until you kill the "Brute" at the end of the level. Pretty chaotic shit.

I didn't know what to expect with this game as Army of Two: The 40th Day wasn't exactly amazing. But so far I've enjoyed it quite a bit.

Decided to revisit Katawa Shoujo after a few months since I last played - taking a different route than the last time and really enjoying it just as much as I did.

Getting pretty sceptical about Batman: Arkham Origins. It has some great things going for it, such as being set on Christmas Eve, having Batman meet all of the villains for the first time and making Black Mask the main villain, but there's a lot of worrying rumors as well. Namely, the addition of competitive multiplayer and the absence of Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill.

Anyone else going to watch the new Xbox reveal in a couple hours, should be some good stuff, curious to see what it'll be capable of doing.

I hope to god that there will be backwards compatibility, I would hate to trade in most of my collection that I've spent so much on!

I hope Rockstar has ditched those fucking atrocious controls from GTA IV. The clunky awkward gameplay mechanics completely ruined that game for me.

The Xbox One reveal was fucking embarrassing. They talked more about the TV features than they did about games.

You do realize it was to show off the software and hardware right? It's a 2 part thing, they are saving the games for E3 which is in like 2 weeks almost.

I thought it was alright. Obviously there is still a bit of mystery of what it's capable of doing, because I'm sure they didn't show everything.

I like the amount of Servers they are using to run xbox live. 300,000 more than what the entire internet had in 1999. It's pretty impressive when you think about it. My guess is loading times will be significantly shorter for Xbox Live I mean.

I admit I laughed :lol:, but I'm sick of this whole who cares about tv/movies and shit. Anyone who owns a 360 about 80% of them use it to watch shows/movies.

Yeah they didn't show much games, but that presser, was solely to show it's software and hardware capabilities, @ E3 you'll get the games galore.

From what I've been reading from actual Microsoft staff on clarifications on some things, They've actually come up with some cool shit for the future.

And some people are jumping the gun a bit about some rumors.

So yeah, read this interesting article some pretty good clarifications in there.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/05/phil-harrison-xbox-one/

The Last of Us looks like it could be game of the year material. Watching videos of it, it's amazing to think that so much of it is unscripted. Watch this from the 12 minute mark.

Holy shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox One has extremely cheap hardware aesthetics, and the insistence of bundling in that shitbox Kinect has insured I won't be buying one until they back off this position. Since it's not backwards compatible, even less reason to get one, as I'd need to hold onto my 360 anyway to continue playing any older games.

I hope this move completely backfires, and they are forced to release a "Xbox One S".