Gamers Thread

I know, right? I actually went and bought a PS3 for this. It looks like it'll be worth it as it's getting amazing reviews. I've been playing through the God of War saga to keep me busy in the mean time. The first two hold up surprisingly well. God of War II looks great for a game that was originally on the PS2.

38641303.jpg

oh yay the same brown shooter with vehicles again

fuck i can't wait for FPS games to die

Hahaha,the same brown shooter with vehicles?

I'm sorry, but this FPS is far more fresh than CoD and whatever else comes out these days. I still play Battlefield to this day, because it's far more intense, and every match is completely different.

And FPS's will never die, so keep dreaming.

So please go play your little handheld device and stfu

To be fair, there really isn't any change from Battlefield ww2 days to present and COD ww2 days to present and pretty much any game..the gaming world has been saturated with graphics and terrible gameplay for years

To be fair, there really isn't any change from Battlefield ww2 days to present and COD ww2 days to present and pretty much any game..the gaming world has been saturated with graphics and terrible gameplay for years

Exactly. I don't mind FPS games as a genre in general, but the industry has been flooded with brown generic twitch shooters for far too long.

Also

I will and I'll get a better gaming experience out of it than I would with generic FPS #109809

Persona 4, Disgaea 3, Devil Survivor, Etrian Odyssey 4, etc. are all games that possess far more depth than the vast majority of console games especially the garbage I hear people like SR praising.

As far as I can tell, the Xbox One has absolutely nothing on the PS4. I can't believe Microsoft is being this stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha,the same brown shooter with vehicles?

I'm sorry, but this FPS is far more fresh than CoD and whatever else comes out these days. I still play Battlefield to this day, because it's far more intense, and every match is completely different.

And FPS's will never die, so keep dreaming.

I would have responded to Mort, but this sums it up fine. I bought Battlefield 3 the day it came out in Oct. 2011. The disc has pretty much never left my PS3. Everything else always comes and goes.

Persona 4, Disgaea 3, Devil Survivor, Etrian Odyssey 4, etc. are all games that possess far more depth than the vast majority of console games especially the garbage I hear people like SR praising.

Haha go play your little japanese fantasy world garbage. I couldn't care less. Nintendo has been fucking dull ever since they stopped making games for the Gamecube, everything they do now is complete garbage. With the Exception of Zelda.

As far as I can tell, the Xbox One has absolutely nothing on the PS4. I can't believe Microsoft is being this stupid.

Yet, they have sold out of pre-orders for Xbox One pretty much everywhere...

BTW those Boo's for Microsoft were fake, I heard none of that in the actual footage...

Last edited by a moderator:
People like you are the ones killing the gaming industry. Lap up whatever regurgitated garbage the developers spit at you and ignore true quality titles.

Mort, have you had the opportunity to play Xenoblade, or did you see the Nintendo direct on Monolith's upcoming 2014 release X? From what I understand, Xenoblade's supposed to be the best JRPG of the decade thus far.

I've also really enjoyed the RPG/FPS mixtures that have been popularized recently and am looking forward to Destiny the most out of all the E3 highlights.

Mort, have you had the opportunity to play Xenoblade, or did you see the Nintendo direct on Monolith's upcoming 2014 release X? From what I understand, Xenoblade's supposed to be the best JRPG of the decade thus far.

I've also really enjoyed the RPG/FPS mixtures that have been popularized recently and am looking forward to Destiny the most out of all the E3 highlights.

I did play Xenoblade, but I haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. And yeah, holy crap X looks incredible.

:lol: right... cause gaming isn't booming right now... get real.

Overall sales fell 20 percent in August (year-over-year), to $515.6 million, falling for the ninth straight month. Sales include hardware, software and accessories but do not include PC games, used titles, mobile titles or digital downloads.

"What we're seeing impact August results is the domino effect of the light release schedule from earlier in the year," NPD's video game analyst Anita Frazier said. "That lack of new releases has had a significant impact on subsequent month's sales."

In June, sales fell 29 percent YoY and then again 20 percent in July.

Console sales were the biggest laggards, down 39 percent, while software sales fell 11 percent: "The current hardware systems are showing their age, so it goes without saying that it would be great to have new systems breathe life into traditional retail industry sales," Frazier added. "I am anxious to learn more about the Wii U launch later this month. And with any luck we will hear news about other systems on the horizon."

from last September

BUT don't act like I was talking about sales numbers

Creative death is a bigger issue and people who support it are the problem