Gamers Thread

Have you read actual facts on it? or just reading on what misinformed idiots are saying? if the latter then read these it's not as bad as it seems

Let's Clear up the Issues of used games/Kinect

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1g8t5e/lets_clear_up_the_issues_used_games_kinect/

Microsoft Engineer on Xbox One:

http://pastebin.com/uCmdh9jB

So after all that would you agree that it's not as bad as it seems.

Their damage control isn't fixing it, though. There are massive, inherent problems with the XB1 related to its DRM handling and always-online checking. They implemented security features and forced them on everyone even if the very things they're trying to avoid are irrelevant. They are NOT GOOD DESIGN IDEAS.

Have you read actual facts on it? or just reading on what misinformed idiots are saying? if the latter then read these it's not as bad as it seems

Let's Clear up the Issues of used games/Kinect

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1g8t5e/lets_clear_up_the_issues_used_games_kinect/

Microsoft Engineer on Xbox One:

http://pastebin.com/uCmdh9jB

So after all that would you agree that it's not as bad as it seems.

Well, I'm not a child, so yes I did read up on it. Seems the backpedaling has already begun though. :lol: So maybe things will turn out after all.

I'm still working on it. I'm loving the combat sequences. Those Clickers are mother fuckers!

Have you made it to Winter yet? Easily one of the best sections of any game I've ever played.

As someone who's been playing Xbox for about ten years, I think the PS4 still looks flat out better than the Xbox One, even with Microsoft's recent announcements. It's superior hardware at a cheaper price. Kind of a no-brainer. The only thing that interests me in the Xbox One is Quantum Break, if only because it's being developed by Remedy.

Have you made it to Winter yet? Easily one of the best sections of any game I've ever played.

As someone who's been playing Xbox for about ten years, I think the PS4 still looks flat out better than the Xbox One, even with Microsoft's recent announcements. It's superior hardware at a cheaper price. Kind of a no-brainer. The only thing that interests me in the Xbox One is Quantum Break, if only because it's being developed by Remedy.

I beat the game a few days ago. It was absolutely great! I think the story line was perfect and the gameplay was flawless. It really draws you in!

Fire Emblem : Awakening is probably going to be my favorite RPG of the year. The level of complexity and personalization in this game is just out of this world. It's the Fire Emblem I've always wanted, and I've been playing the games for the better part of a decade.

You get to create your own character, set their gender and base stats, and they then serve as one of the heroes in the game, completely integrated into the story. You can marry any two characters of opposite gender and there will be subsequent chapter where their kid can join your army in the game's Paralogue - a massive series of geo-locked side quests that, as you can imagine, can't all be experienced in a single play through.

The game can be played in classic mode (units die permanently) or casual mode (dead units return at the next battle) on any difficulty, which I've been enjoying the shit out of because I like to see how well I can do late in the battle with a really small party.

The combat animations are the best of any Fire Emblem game and remind me of later installments in the Tales series, with fluid movements and flashy spells that would make the folks at Camelot sweat.

There's an item that lets you change the base class of your character at level 10. This is awesome for either gameplay mode because if you lose all your ax-wielding units (happens to me all the time, they usually have shit for defense) you can change a knight or other high-def character to a warrior or a fighter - or you can send the unit back to level one if they got the shit end of the stick on stat development. There are some really fresh advanced classes that Intelligent worked out and you can end up with an incredibly diverse team as the game progresses.

Intelligent also bulit on the "rescue" feature of previous Fire Emblem games by allowing you to pair units. if two of your units are standing next to each other, there's a chance that they can assist each other in battle, block attacks, and boost stats (improves if they have a relationship). You can also merge them into a single space, with one primary unit taking damage and receiving most of the experience, and the secondary unit assisting in battle for less xp - both receive generous stat boosts when merged.

This game has been a massive time sink for me this in the past week or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
It IS a good game, but it is a bit too 'simple' (only really being two objectives through the entire game in terms of how to win maps) not to mention easy to completely break.

I one hit the final boss without doing any grinding...one of my characters was just good enough to do that. Mind you this was on normal.

SMTIV so far is stealing game of the year with even Etrian Odyssey IV being WAY better than FE:A.

I took a peek at Etrian Oddysey and it does not look like my cup of tea. Reminded me of Skies of Arcadia mixed with a dungeon crawler. I like a lot of story and plot in my RPG's.

I'll probably get Shin Megami Tensei, it's a rock solid series.

You'll probably like the new Etrian Odyssey that is coming out then. Ettian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl. Story and character focused remake of the first EO.

I'll shoot you a friend request next time i hop online.

Skyrim is awesome, one of my favorite games on the PS3 ... it's filled with a shit-load of technical problems though, especially the chopiness and framerate issues ... but the game is so good that i still pulled through and got the platinum.

Which COD do you have? I need to throw BO2 back in and warm up for the new one thats coming out next month.