Gamers Thread

I hear you in terms of Battlefield and Call of Duty, Mort, and those games never really caught on with me, but would you honestly say that games like Mirror's Edge, Bioshock Infinite, and Dishonored? I've always enjoyed the amount of creativity in these titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Games like Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite (though those two games seemed really similar to me), Mirror's Edge, Half-Life, Metro 2033, STALKER, etc. are things I can get behind tbh

The problem is that while they get attention within the gaming world, they are not the face of it - instead boring rehash games like the yearly CoD release are.

from last September

BUT don't act like I was talking about sales numbers

Creative death is a bigger issue and people who support it are the problem

Yes, but how can you even include that when those months have little to no impact, nothing barely comes out during the months of June/July because no one is interested to get anything those months because everyone is either A: On vacation somewhere or B: Have no money because school kept them out of work during the year. Everyone knows that the time to get games are from September to April/May.

And Yeah I agree with you that CoD is the same rehashed shit over and over, because it really is it's just copy and paste. But saying Battlefield is the same shit is absurd! I'd rather play a FPS that's kept fresh and always pushes new things like Dice has been doing for years since they started working on Battlefield games, than Activision absolutely ruining games to begin with.

Maybe Sales are down, but considering how this generation of consoles is starting to fade it makes perfect sense, which is why Next-Gen is here.

Mathiäs;10646692 said:
There is more you can do in Battlefield, but I like CoD's multiplayer better.

Can you define how the multiplayer is better? Please don't say because the maps are smaller...

Same. Gonna try a dragoon or black mage, but for sure going summoner when the game releases.

How does Battlefield compare to CoD?
Everyone always says BF is better.

Yes, BF is WAY better. I used to play CoD. I've played it since the first one ever came out on PC before most people even knew what the fuck Call of Duty was. Then I tried out Battlefield 1943 (the multiplayer-only download) the moved on to BF: Bad Company 2. I was instantly hooked. Once BF3 came out, I had to pick it up and it's all I've played since its release. The multiplayer in BF is where it's at. The maps are HUGE and mostly free-roam, you can drive/fly a shit load of vehicles, use specialized weapons, customize weapons and soldiers, destroy objects/buildings, I can go on and on. I honestly can't see how people can say CoD is better....Some people may find BF more difficult, but that's because it takes more skill. I think thats why a lot of people don't like it, because they're not good at it.

i'm finally going to move into this gen of gaming and look into a ps3. waited until the next gen is coming out so i don't have to pay shit compared to normal. the fact that they're rereleasing both Tales of Symphonias pushed me over the edge.

I'm looking to do the new Wii, actually. I have PC for my serious gaming- it would be nice to have a Wii for mario, zelda, mariokart, and other racing games. The new mario looks pretty amazing actually. I've always been a huge fan of doing ultra-hd 2d/sidescroller games.

Yes, BF is WAY better. I used to play CoD. I've played it since the first one ever came out on PC before most people even knew what the fuck Call of Duty was. Then I tried out Battlefield 1943 (the multiplayer-only download) the moved on to BF: Bad Company 2. I was instantly hooked. Once BF3 came out, I had to pick it up and it's all I've played since its release. The multiplayer in BF is where it's at. The maps are HUGE and mostly free-roam, you can drive/fly a shit load of vehicles, use specialized weapons, customize weapons and soldiers, destroy objects/buildings, I can go on and on. I honestly can't see how people can say CoD is better....Some people may find BF more difficult, but that's because it takes more skill. I think thats why a lot of people don't like it, because they're not good at it.
Nice!
Now I need a new job so I can make some actual money
I want a PS4!!!

Blasphemy for me is that I'm actually considering a ps4 instead of the new Xbox. Hate every fucking thing I've read about it. I've never owned a PlayStation anything. Hate the controllers. I've always tried to own a Nintendo console for its exclusives and Xbox for everything else.

The fact that you've missed out on shit like Shadow of the Colossus or the Uncharted trilogy bums me out. And The Last of Us is probably the GOTY, if not the game of this generation.

Picked up The Last of Us yesterday. I'm pretty sure it was the last copy in town! So far the game it great. I'm finally getting used to it :)

Blasphemy for me is that I'm actually considering a ps4 instead of the new Xbox. Hate every fucking thing I've read about it. I've never owned a PlayStation anything. Hate the controllers. I've always tried to own a Nintendo console for its exclusives and Xbox for everything else.

Have you read actual facts on it? or just reading on what misinformed idiots are saying? if the latter then read these it's not as bad as it seems

Let's Clear up the Issues of used games/Kinect

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1g8t5e/lets_clear_up_the_issues_used_games_kinect/

Microsoft Engineer on Xbox One:

http://pastebin.com/uCmdh9jB

So after all that would you agree that it's not as bad as it seems.