Gamers Thread

Yeah on iOS they're purchased separately. I decided to buy the physical game too though I like it so much. Guess I'll get skullport on mobile first to see if it's worth buying for the board game. What is your board gaming group like?

My FLGS has had some ups and downs in terms of total board gaming population but I got in with a really cool core group of people. We have a Groupme channel and and chat about all kinds of stuff even though we don't all make it out every week or don't all engage in all the same stuff. Really diverse bunch too in terms of backgrounds. Got a stay at home dad, a female accounts manager type, a pseudo engineer guy, a public health guy, an IT guy with more kids than he can count, and so on. Our group is small enough that we can comfortably support your average board game player range, and everyone's interests overlap enough that we have plenty of common ground - although we all also have certain game types that no one else wants to play. Examples: One likes zombie games and the rest of us don't. I really like military oriented games and no one else is really into them, another guy likes more party? games and everyones kind of iffy on those depending, etc.

We have a couple of side channels too, since three of us play Star Trek Attack Wing, and then me and another guy are into 40k.

Reactions: Baroque
fallout 4 is amazing. I haven't gotten into a video game like this in a long time.

I have it on PS4 but I almost can't play it because of the load times. Every time you fast travel or even enter a house (which happens all the time) you need to sit around waiting for way too long. I've seen people play it on PC and that seems like a blast though.

yeah, bethesda games need to be played on PC.

Just finished Shantae: Risky's Revenge. Really fun 'Metroidvania' style platformer. Playing Shantae and the Pirate's Curse next and hopefully will have it done before Half-Genie Hero releases.

Also been playing Xenoblade Chronicles X and jesus that game is fucking massive. Supposedly the game world is bigger than FO4, Skyrim, and The Witcher 3 combined.

Have you guys seen the video from the guy who made a roller coaster using almost the entire map on roller coaster tycoon? The ride takes 204 days to complete... and approximately 3000 in game years.

I know most of you guys here are PC gamers but this portable ps vita is getting better and better all the time....just yesterday I downloaded Bastion, The Bit.Trip(first 6 games in one, love these games) and Nuclear Throne. These should all be excellent and perfect for mobile gaming, I'll get to these once I finish with Rainbow Moon which is awesome. Also sometime next year Rainbow Skies will be out for it as well.

There's an Early Access game on Steam I ran across in the discovery queue called "Squad" (probably somewhat like Battlefield but looks more realistic in terms of play at least). Looks awesome, don't feel like dropping $40 on it though when my ability to sit down and play it will probably be minimal.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is great, need to get back to it. Massive ass game.

Story of Seasons is a great relaxing game, probably will play it more now that its winter here since Animal Crossing gets a bit too samey and depressing during the winter.

Reactions: CiG
Actually it was due to the several times you praised Xenoblade Chronicles X that made me put down the $90-something to buy it.
My brother has played it a bit already and from what I saw it looked great. Loved the cut scenes, has a sort of modern Masamune Shirow feel to it.

Just started playing Bloodborne, the gothic environments are great, I'm enjoying this so far.
This game is quite hard but it's very clever in its design, it's addictive and you want to keep plugging away, to get further. This is great, to hear a powerful boss beating on an old massive wooden door in the distance while making your way through the bleak and haunted Victorian streets is quite imposing.
Also I've become aware very early on in this game not to rush around any corners and be fully aware of my surroundings as much as possible, I just want to get to that next lamp/save spot ASAP. And the fucking noises some of these things make.

Last edited:
It's full on man! Not something you can play casually though, it is a hell of an experience. I am already enjoying this a lot! I can tell this is one game I'll get a lot of value out of and its already got its hooks into me.

That was a very interesting watch, enjoyed that, however I did disagree with the map marker, some games need this, such as the elder scrolls and the fallout series, I kind of like it for those games. The rest I agreed with, I wish games would go back to story telling through gameplay, the Half-Life series was a good example of that type of game, would be nice if more games were like that. However, in contrast, the original Resident Evil had a lot of cut scenes that were very effective at scaring the crap out of me when I was a kid lol. I think games just need to know when to use a cut scene, weapon, map marker, etc appropriately, it seems more like they just blindly use them with no focused purpose.

Reactions: Dak
I am going back through the Thief series and discovered someone did a texture upgrade pack for 1 and 2, and that the fan missions are practically endless, even a whole stand alone thing with a female main char built on thief 2.

Reactions: SWAT
I am going back through the Thief series and discovered someone did a texture upgrade pack for 1 and 2, and that the fan missions are practically endless, even a whole stand alone thing with a female main char built on thief 2.

Interesting, care to share the sites?