Gamers Thread

Yeah, I think the main takeaway is that the mechanics need to be organic and less handholdy as opposed to the cutscene heavy, total information, linear beat/shootemup conveyor belt in almost every AAA title.

Edit: Its all on moddb I think. Thief HD and Thief 2 HD Shadows of something. You'll need Taffer some5hing patch also for T2 but the links are in the FAQ/Read Me.Btw theres no Steam conflict, but to run the fan missions or the Shadows of blahblah you have to use external shortcuts/exes

Last edited:
Reactions: SWAT
It's a great game. It's very rewarding and fun, and the environments are creepy and beautiful.
I agree, its also very addictive, i've only managed to get as far as the cleric beast and also once I met that father somebody? boss and it didnt go well so I might have to get online with it and try and get someone to come and help me.
I dont mind dying in this game(frequently) because everytime that happens its my own fault. It kindve reminds me of a modern day Castlevania.

Make sure to learn how to stun enemies with your gun so that you can use a visceral attack. It works on almost every humanoid in the game and several other enemies can be dealt with that way too.

Reactions: JontRevolting
I've beat the game a few times, but I haven't acquired every single Trophy. There's still a lot of stuff that I want to do in the game. It has good reply value.

Reactions: JontRevolting
Far out, you must be good at games, I think it's gonna be quite a while before I beat it. But with this game that doesn't really seem to be the most important thing, even though it's challenging it's very enjoyable, probably the most enjoyable game I've played in I don't know how long and I can see why you would want to do all the other stuff.

Reactions: Omni
So I've been going through the Darksiders games again and god damn I forgot how much I love this franchise. THE FOUR HORSEMAN OF THE APOCALYPSE! They better make a third game soon.

tumblr_map803iCyU1ru0u8do1_r1_500.gif

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
I used to have this fucking awesome casual game for Android that was perfect for dicking around on lunch break, during boring conversations, etc:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocket_Frogs

Nostalgia bit me recently and now its only on fucking IPhones. So lame. If you're an Apple slave definitely check it out.

Also on that note, anyone know any cool breeding games along those lines? I have this koi thing but its starting to get super 'pay as you go'. I just wanna mix things and get better things, dude. That's all I want.

Finally landed the platinum trophy in Bloodborne, clocking in at around 169 hours. Worth every minute. Plan on cracking into The Old Hunters DLC soon.

Anyone play The Witcher 3?

I don't have The Witcher 3, but The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings was free on the xbox marketplace this weekend, so I'll probably jump into that this week.

I tried getting into that when the season started, didn't seem like it was for me. I never beat the game though so I gotta get around to that.

Why the hell is that game box so big? Is it like the special edition of Illud Divinum Insanus?

Because it's got some plastic doll in it and a scroll and book, the games actually pretty fun from what little I played this afternoon....it's like Diablo but with puzzles.

Watching The Mummy (Brendan Fraser one, good stuff) and had a huge hit of nostalgia. My very first d&d character was a gambling addicted necromancer on guildportal play by post with this dude as the avatar

Oded.jpg

Named Niccolo Machiavelli. God damn, childhood. You scary.

How bout y'all?

Bought Counter Strike during at Steam sale last week. I suck so bad. Also bought Fallout 1 which is pretty fun. About to buy Undertale. I heard a lot of good things.