Gamers Thread

I fucking love Banjo-Kazooie, I never got into Tooie nearly as much though. I actually think that Rare took what Mario was doing in terms of platforming and outdid it. Mario 64 is extremely overrated imo. The N64 is one of the best consoles ever with so many classic games.

I've beat the game a few times, but I haven't acquired every single Trophy. There's still a lot of stuff that I want to do in the game. It has good reply value.

I'm a huge Dark Souls fan but I can't justify purchasing a PS4 just for Bloodborne. There's literally nothing else on that console I want to play that I can't play on PC. It saddens me because I really want to play it and feel I'm missing out.

Last edited:
I been playing Undertale all day. Its so fucking good and hilarious. I havent played a good RPG since Chrono trigger holy fuck

Finished Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Pretty solid, not as good as Aria of Sorrow and not even close to Symphony of the Night or Order of Ecclesia.

Really can't wait for Bloodstained to come out because I only have two more Iga Castlevania titles left to play through :( Portrait of Ruin and Harmony of Dissonance

Currently trying to muscle my way through The Old Hunters. Up to Fish Hamlet which is as punishing as ever.

Also really excited for Dark Souls III so I bought Demon's Souls and the first two Dark Souls games to prepare. I played a bit of Demon's Souls this morning and haven't even managed to reach a boss yet.

Otherwise, I've been running through the Dragon Quest series on my phone. Up to the third game in the series.

Reactions: Phylactery and Omni
Currently trying to muscle my way through The Old Hunters. Up to Fish Hamlet which is as punishing as ever.

Also really excited for Dark Souls III so I bought Demon's Souls and the first two Dark Souls games to prepare. I played a bit of Demon's Souls this morning and haven't even managed to reach a boss yet.

Otherwise, I've been running through the Dragon Quest series on my phone. Up to the third game in the series.

Demon's Souls is my favorite 3D game of all time. It has the best atmosphere of all of those games. They're all good, although Dark Souls II is a weaker entry.

Dragon Quest is my favorite game series. Dragon Quest III through V are my favorites.

Dark Souls is my favourite, probably because I played it before Demon's Souls. It came out of nowhere and completely absorbed me. It's one of my favourite games of all time because of its dark, disturbing and uncaring atmosphere and the genius level design. Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith are the only parts of the game where it loses momentum I think, other than that it's pretty much perfect.

I didn't play the original version of Dark Souls II, I got the Scholar of the First Sin edition which apparently has better pacing. It's weaker because the map is nowhere near as well made or cohesive as DS I (that wtf moment when you go up an elevator from a castle sunk in lava and you're suddenly in an area with poisoned waters and a windmill). Some of the enemies in DS II are genuinely cheap as well, with insane tracking and will spin round 180 degrees at the last millisecond and hit you. The DLC, however, is fantastic, especially Crown of the Old Iron King and Crown of the Ivory King. It brought back the more cohesive level design of the first one and had some awesome boss batlles, my favourite being the Fume Knight.

I'm also super excited for Dark Souls III. I wasted money and ordered the Apocalypse Edition that comes in a metal box and has the soundtrack on CD. It would have been a lot cheaper to just buy the digital copy, but I really wanted this for some reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omni
Demon's Souls is my favorite 3D game of all time. It has the best atmosphere of all of those games. They're all good, although Dark Souls II is a weaker entry.

Dragon Quest is my favorite game series. Dragon Quest III through V are my favorites.

I'm loving Demon's Souls so far. I've heard Miyazaki had nothing to do with the second Dark Souls and that it's more streamlined. I'm still curious to play it though.

The first two Dragon Quest games were a bit dated but fun nonetheless. I can get into pretty much anything turn-based. I'll have to buy the third entry soon.

Yeah, he was basically just a consultant. It has a few cool things in it though and is worth playing through if you like the series.

The Gamecube controller might have something to say about that. Seriously though they both weren't that bad, especially the N64 controller. I think everything with the Nintendo name on it is quality work. I think the Genesis controllers(all of them) were garbage.

The Gamecube controller might have something to say about that. Seriously though they both weren't that bad, especially the N64 controller. I think everything with the Nintendo name on it is quality work. I think the Genesis controllers(all of them) were garbage.

I've never understood the general Nintendo & Blizzard love most gamers seem to have.