Gamers Thread

It seems that each Nintendo console creates a game that stands the test of time. Not sure what the Wii version would be, but outside of RPGs on PSX and Shooters on PC, Nintendo rules.

I think the Xbox controller is the worst but maybe that's just me

I think the 360 controller is the best design ever. So ergonomic. I even use one for PC games where I want to use a controller. I haven't tried the newest systems so I don't know if Playstation stepped up from their bad design or MS took a step back from good design.

I fucking loved PS2, probably more games for that than any of my other consoles, but when the new gens first came out I got into the Xbox controller and now PS is weird to me.

Reactions: Dak
The PS controller was revolutionary when it dropped, but to merely say that the ergonomics are not good is understating the fact. Microsoft hit on a winner with the "S" controller design for the original Xbox, and they refined that design to perfection as far as I can tell with the 360 controller.

No way man. Mario 64 is one of the greatest platformers of all time. But i do agree with you on the N64 being one of the best consoles. :kickassL

I know that it's me that is the problem here, it's pretty much universally acclaimed. It was the first game I got with the N64 and I just never got into it that much, not like Banjo-Kazooie anyway. I should probably revisit it someday to see if my opinion has changed.

I agree that the 360 controller is the best. It's by far the most comfortable for me. I liked the PS2 controller quite a bit, but I hate the L2 and R2 buttons on the PS3 controller and it's just too small to be as comfortable as the 360 one.

Nintendo has designed controllers for children's hands (smaller hands) I think since day 1. Sony also more or less did that, and apparently don't want to change what they feel is an iconic aspect of the system, even as the box itself morphs. Microsoft obviously went with the YA/adult crowd in mind when they made that original gargantuan thing - which was simply too huge. After the negative feedback they toned it down to the S - which was still much more fleshed out than the competition. My hands aren't large by any means but they cramp up after a while trying to cradle the PS controllers/anything similar or smaller. Plus the buttons and sticks aren't in the right places.

They work fine for me. I've always disliked the xBox system controllers for every system.

I have a 360 controller and I fucking *hate* where they put the d-pad. It's fine for games that mainly use the analog stick but I'm gonna have to get something else for playing SNES games and other things that use a d-pad.

Yeah that dpad is really more for extra selection options than control, but then how many modern games use a dpad?

Ive been happy using keys for NES emulators, but I might look for a USB retro controller sometime.

I play a lot of games that use the directional pad for important functions, so optimal placement is a factor in my controller preferences.

I prefer the feel of the shoulder buttons on the Dualshock controllers and I don't like the placement of the analog sticks on the xBox 360 and One controllers.

I play Dark Souls on the PC using a 360 controller which makes use of the d-pad quite a bit and I've never had any issue. On the other hand, Demon's Souls is only on PS3 and I have much more trouble parry/riposting because those L2 and R2 buttons are an abomination.

I think it depends a lot on the size of your hands. Xbox controllers seem to suit bigger hands a lot where as PS controllers suit smaller hands.