Gamers Thread

Duuuude those fucking dogs drove me insane when I was a kid playing gold. Pokemon have abilities that make it easier to catch runners now but it was brutal in original gold/silver. Those fucking things could run even if they were asleep or frozen...
Entei was always my favorite and he just had to suck. Raikou was cool but Zapdos was always my favorite electric type.

i've been playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain for the past month and it's easily the worst in the series. the open world aspect doesn't fit MGS at all. the story is minimal and lame. the game seems to be about building up your base for online bullshit. FUCK THAT. MGS should be a convoluted plot with a bunch of awesome boss battles.

It's all about the gameplay with MGS V, which is far above the rest in the series imo. I've not finished it myself yet, I'm up to the start of chapter 2 but the fact you start replaying past missions annoyed me. I still think it's a great game but MGS 2 is my favourite from the series.

I think I'm a minority on this one (because this usually is brought up as critic) but I think that the less I actually need to play myself in the MGS-series the better. I think the story is awsome and engaging, but It isn't really THAT fun of a game to play (not bad tho), I love the long cut scenes. :p

I haven't played any game past the PS2 though so maybe my opinion is quite dated.

i get that argument about MGS although its other charms outweigh the gameplay limitations for me. 2 onwards are more fun to play though. i should revisit SNAKE EATER 'cause i know it has quite a big following but i always found it kind of fiddly on first play, and didn't like the environment all that much. i like my mgs set entirely in some big self-contained industrial compound haha.

Have you played The Phantom Pain? As I said, the gameplay is far and above the other games in the series but it does lack in the story department. You have to listen to a lot of the recorded messages you get to find out information, rather than the long cut scenes of the past.

I feel the same way about Snake Eater, I bought the MGS HD collection which has MGS2 and Snake Eater on it about 2 years ago to replay them. I finished MGS2 and it was still great but I couldn't even finish Snake Eater this time. The Boss is one of the best characters though, she's bad ass.

I think a lot of people expected MGS V to easily be the game of the year last year and so expectations were extremely high. The Witcher 3 being so great shocked a lot of people and I think it was the better game last year.

not yet. i think the story's been a bit shit ever since 3, and arguably 2 although i love the silliness of that one, so this doesn't surprise me. excited to hear about the gameplay though! i have played ground zeroes, is that similar?

Yeah, it's pretty much a continuation of the gameplay found on Ground Zeroes, much more fluid and better handling than previous entries. I might get shit for this, but I think Quiet would be an interesting character, however, she's ruined by Kojima's decision to have her wearing next to nothing. The reason behind this is also laughable (she breaths through her skin so if she was wearing a decent amount of clothes she'd suffocate). When you take her on a mission and get in the chopper, the game even zooms in on her boobs as they bounce around while you take off.

Reactions: Anom@nder Rake
haha man i though the same with quiet. don't get me wrong MGSV is good but all the other games from the series are my all time favorites. i thought Ground Zeroes was more intense that any of the bases/outposts in Phantom Pain. i just finished all missions with S rank the other day so now i'm done with the game.

I played the main mission of Ground Zeroes at like 2am one day when I was already on a bit of downer. It hit hard, I felt awful afterwards, all those things poor Paz had gone through and then the bomb in her vagina moment was just like WTF.

Started playing The Witness and I kinda like it, those puzzles are quite enjoyable, Unravel about that ole bitches ball of wool that comes to life and hopefully murders her in the end, great graphics but annoying as fuck, also have been playing Far Cry Primal which is ok but I've gotten to a point where I can't be fucked with it any more after two days of playing it. Nuclear Throne on the vita is quite fun and addictive.

Just started downloading Smite for the ps4, I don't know anything about the game other than glancing at a couple of reviews that mentioned the game was fun, and it involves a lot of gods and mythology.