Gamers Thread

I really like the 360 controller for most modern games, but yeah it has the worst dpad of just about any controller.

So I started playing Dark Souls this morning and I think I like it more than Demon's Souls so far. They're obviously pretty similar but the gameplay in the former seems more refined.

My only problem with Demon's Souls is that most of the dungeons cram you in to tight spaces making it hard on the camera sometimes. I've found myself falling off cliffs often because of this. Both great games, either way.

Reactions: Phylactery
ORAS are the two best in the series to date.

just bought Stardew Village (Harvest Moon style game) - seems really awesome from what I've seen of it.

Eh. I don't find it very hard. I suppose the type match ups would be a little zany compared to old school games... I can't be arsed to read up on playing online any more though. I did see there will be a new game this Christmas, I'm sure I'll buy it for myself.

I own the last gen games (X and Sapphire I think) but I think I have the most fun dicking around with romhacks and randomizers for the older generations.

The amount of replayability that randomizers add is simply terrifying.

I'm playing through soul silver right now. I've only played up through black and white but second gen/second gen revived were and are the best IMO. The pokes hadn't gotten really gay and childish yet, there was still grit, two entire world to experience, plus the whole day and night thing matching the real world was cool as hell.

I own the last gen games (X and Sapphire I think) but I think I have the most fun dicking around with romhacks and randomizers for the older generations.

The amount of replayability that randomizers add is simply terrifying.

What's Randomizer and how does it work? I finished playing Soul Silver several weeks ago for the second time, I think I'm going to revisit the 4th generation now, my fav version from Sinnoh is definitely Platinum.

Also, this is my favorite Pokemon tune.

Would work well as some metal album intro.

Not to mention the excitement of chasing those goddamned dogs all over the place. Before the push towards a more social experience, Pokemon had a much better variety of 'dungeon crawling'.

What's Randomizer and how does it work? I finished playing Soul Silver several weeks ago for the second time, I think I'm going to revisit the 4th generation now, my fav version from Sinnoh is definitely Platinum.

Randomizers are applications that you run on a Pokémon ROM to randomize aspects of the game. You can randomize things such as the starters you get to pick from, the pokémon you'll find in the wild, the rosters of NPC trainers, and also things like pokémon typings and movepools (usually turns out horribly unbalanced so I don't recommend that). Randomizers tend to be very customizable so depending on which options you pick you can get an experience anywhere from "basically vanilla, but with different wild pokémon for variety" to "I just caught a level 5 grass/fighting Haunter on the first route and it knows the moves Dragon Rage and Metronome".

This is the most popular randomizer and it works for all games of the first five gens: http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/