Gamers Thread

I'm not that far in, up to the Abyss Watchers. The PC version has a pretty big issue - unless you set the lighting to the lowest setting the game crashes whenever it feels like it. It's done it about 8 times on me now! In my case it literally turns my PC off when it crashes. It didn't happen when I set the lighting to lowest for a couple of hours, but that was making some of the areas a pain to navigate properly. Hope they fix this soon.

I actually have a gtx 960! It's just a bug with the game that is occurring for a lot of players on PC. This lowering the lighting settings to lowest and starting the game as a knight are the only "fixes" (they don't work for all) that have been found to my knowledge.

Ha. Which is further proof the Japanese industry is going under and they fucking deserve it. Who else besides them or an amateur would leave game crippling errors in game for that long?

Ha. Which is further proof the Japanese industry is going under and they fucking deserve it. Who else besides them or an amateur would leave game crippling errors in game for that long?

Ubisoft games are worse.

Anyway, Dark Souls III is great so far. I take my time with the games. It's playing fine on PS4.

You're delusional if you think From Software games are even close to as glitchy as Ubisoft games. You'd have to live in a hole to believe that.

The Assassin's Creed series in general is pretty ridiculous in terms of glitches at launch. I remember Watchdogs having similar problems at launch, according to what I've read.

Black Flag alone has some of the most ridiculous glitches that I've seen in a game. I love the video where the ship loaded hundreds of feet up in the air completely sideways.

From Software glitches are usually pretty minor or involve actually attempting to achieve them. They aren't usually mandatory parts of the gameplay.

Siege's multiplayer is a pile of doo-doo right now because it's not receiving any attention. Maybe it's because of the Division, but brutal

Pardon me, I should've further clarified. I just meant in terms of overall game quality I feel they're from roughly the same circle of Hell.

This is fucking stupid.

Bethesda games routinely have game breaking bugs, as mentioned above Ubisoft (not just Assassin's Creed, but The Division is a buggy mess), Rocksteady tried to release a severely broken Arkham Knight on PC, Bioware released an seriously buggy unfinished mess in Dragon Age Inquisition, etc.

So its just AAA game development in general, not Japanese game devs.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
What are some good turn-based games, similar to Civilization?

Endless Legend seems to be one of the better-received 4x games of recent years although I can't really get into it myself.

I personally think that Firaxis' XCOM games are basically the best thing ever, though they're more turn-based tactics than turn-based strategy so they might not be what you're looking for.

Reactions: Caecius
This is fucking stupid.

Bethesda games routinely have game breaking bugs, as mentioned above Ubisoft (not just Assassin's Creed, but The Division is a buggy mess), Rocksteady tried to release a severely broken Arkham Knight on PC, Bioware released an seriously buggy unfinished mess in Dragon Age Inquisition, etc.

So its just AAA game development in general, not Japanese game devs.
I can certainly agree that mindblowing bugginess is something ascribable to AAA gaming in general. But From Software, SE, etc. are really getting on my god damn nerves considering they keep releasing heap after heap of unfinished schmaltz. Not to mention they're barely games anymore and more akin to an endless procession of ultra pretentious, unoriginal button activated cutscenes and special event sequences. The new FFXV demo is a hilarious confirmation of this. Between them and the bigger American developers like EA and Activision and their factory line procession of literal cancer, I'm about ready to kill every game dev on planet Earth. European developers are slipping too, just look at the fucking travesty of a "Hitman" game IO Interactive just released. As for Bethesda, even when they do have an assload of bugs, they still have plenty of other redeeming qualities, although even that seems to be diminishing greatly as of Fallout 4.

I don't even give a fuck about Dark Souls and that is a blatant mischaracterization of From Software.

Won't argue with SE though.

Maybe the AAA game companies are releasing what the majority of consumers are the happiest to transfer numerical digits from bank to bank for.

Oh they definitely are. I don't even really have an issue with them going for mass appeal so long as niche developers can stick around.

I'd just like to see them actually release functional games.