Gamers Thread

Not true, just look at the sales figures on the carcinogenic faggotry these AAA companies are releasing. Most of this stuff just barely breaks even, and even when it turns a profit, it's greatly diminshed from when these franchises were still fresh. Meanwhile Nintendo is busier actually making games, and investing effort into them than masturbating furiously to their latest consoles and how many gigs of RAM it can process for the latest steaming pile of ebola the big devs have haphazardly shat out.

Oh they definitely are. I don't even really have an issue with them going for mass appeal so long as niche developers can stick around.

I'd just like to see them actually release functional games.

I've definitely discovered that smaller niche developers are releasing games I get much greater enjoyment from overall, or that older games are much more pleasing than the "movie like" newer productions. Even the moddb community can make better content.

I can't wait till the free market comes crashing down and takes these perpetual purveyors of utter sewage with it. Especially those money-grubbing whores at Sony and Microsoft.

I'm not against the free market, not at all. But it'll choke the life out of Microsoft and Sony's gaming branches quite soon if they retain the complete absence of quality they keep trying to sell at and, or above market value. And I'll watch quite happily as they get sent down the river in a ball of flames.

I can certainly agree that mindblowing bugginess is something ascribable to AAA gaming in general. But From Software, SE, etc. are really getting on my god damn nerves considering they keep releasing heap after heap of unfinished schmaltz. Not to mention they're barely games anymore and more akin to an endless procession of ultra pretentious, unoriginal button activated cutscenes and special event sequences. The new FFXV demo is a hilarious confirmation of this. Between them and the bigger American developers like EA and Activision and their factory line procession of literal cancer, I'm about ready to kill every game dev on planet Earth. European developers are slipping too, just look at the fucking travesty of a "Hitman" game IO Interactive just released. As for Bethesda, even when they do have an assload of bugs, they still have plenty of other redeeming qualities, although even that seems to be diminishing greatly as of Fallout 4.

You've never played Dark Souls if you think it's a game about button-activated sequences and cutscenes. That's basically the exact opposite of what it is.

Also, how was Dark Souls or Bloodborne an unfinished game? Both games received a completely standalone DLC that was totally optional and not at all required to get the full story.

The market (not free by a long shot) has still managed to slowly punish Sony for a while. The company in general is a shell of its former 90's titanic self. Microsoft is in the same boat to some degree, in relation to many of the legacy products.

I think control decentralization with simultaneous financial centralization is in the cards for a while. You will see more independent studios running on thinner margins with limited title responsibility, while the financials are taken care of by squidlike capital firms.

When I talked about FS like that I was referring to their involvement in the FF franchise, not DS or Bloodborne. And my rage about stuff like that was more directed at SE anyways.

The market (not free by a long shot) has still managed to slowly punish Sony for a while. The company in general is a shell of its former 90's titanic self. Microsoft is in the same boat to some degree, in relation to many of the legacy products.

I think control decentralization with simultaneous financial centralization is in the cards for a while. You will see more independent studios running on thinner margins with limited title responsibility, while the financials are taken care of by squidlike capital firms.
It's a relatively free market, it's no laissez faire playground, but it's free alright. I agree Sony is being punished, but personally I'd like to see those scumfucks tank completely. Same goes for Microsoft's games division. Your second paragraph is an extremely accurate characterization of the market at large right now, and I agree.

When I talked about FS like that I was referring to their involvement in the FF franchise, not DS or Bloodborne. And my rage about stuff like that was more directed at SE anyways.

What Final Fantasy game did From Software work on? I don't think that ever happened, and if it did, they definitely weren't the ones in charge of its development.

Endless Legend seems to be one of the better-received 4x games of recent years although I can't really get into it myself.

I personally think that Firaxis' XCOM games are basically the best thing ever, though they're more turn-based tactics than turn-based strategy so they might not be what you're looking for.

Endless Legend seems like a good fit. I always heard good things about XCOM but hesitated to play it due to the sci-fi futuristic feel.

Last edited:
What Final Fantasy game did From Software work on? I don't think that ever happened, and if it did, they definitely weren't the ones in charge of its development.
My bad, they didn't I guess. I could've sworn I saw their stamp on the new FF15 demo, but I was mistaken. Full blame for that cancer goes to SE then.