Gamers Thread

Oh really?

That's fucked up, are the complaints specific or intelligible?

Edit: I ask because I have seen some complaints about the Orks not looking as good, design-wise, as the rest of the factions. But I don't care so much about graphics personally or nit-picking design choices.

Oh really?

That's fucked up, are the complaints specific or intelligible?

Edit: I ask because I have seen some complaints about the Orks not looking as good, design-wise, as the rest of the factions. But I don't care so much about graphics personally or nit-picking design choices.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/375230/#app_reviews_hash

Edit: I like a top-down game generally speaking more than FPS, so DoW1-2, Space Hulk, and 40k: Armageddon scratch the itch enough for me to not worry about it too much. Plus Deathwing is coming out.

Have you actually read these reviews yourself? Just curious.

These complaints don't make me want to avoid it, so far it's mostly about how the game requires top notch gear to run it smoothly, complaints about bugs while at the same time admitting that the game is only just out so patches will be forthcoming, complaints about return policies and release date promises, complaints about some OP units... I think I'll still buy it, these reviews are mostly garbage.

I need to buy Total War: Warhammer soon, I think it's on steam.

It is. It's still expensive though. I was never really interested in WH Fantasy though.

Yes I did read them, and yeah EC is technically still in beta. It's just that it's been in that beta forever, and you're still paying a hefty price to test the product for them. I have not played it myself, and even though I have a fairly decent rig, I don't feel like paying $40 to test a buggy game.

BTW if you get any of those other games I linked maybe we can play H2H sometime.

Currently addicted to playing 'Clash Royale' since I don't have time to sit down and play real video games.

I did just buy the new Doom though. I haven't played it much.

It is. It's still expensive though. I was never really interested in WH Fantasy though.

Yes I did read them, and yeah EC is technically still in beta. It's just that it's been in that beta forever, and you're still paying a hefty price to test the product for them. I have not played it myself, and even though I have a fairly decent rig, I don't feel like paying $40 to test a buggy game.

BTW if you get any of those other games I linked maybe we can play H2H sometime.

Ah, well I happen to be a fantasy guy myself. Hail dwarves. ;)

Right now all I have installed on my PC is Dawn of War II, what do you play the most?

Ah, well I happen to be a fantasy guy myself. Hail dwarves. ;)

Right now all I have installed on my PC is Dawn of War II, what do you play the most?

At the moment none of them. Just got Armageddon so no opinion on it yet. Probably the one I like the most is a toss-up between DoW1 and Space Hulk. SH is almost identical to the board game, and DoW1 is the closest in flavor to the tabletop game, without using Tabletop Simulator and playing actual 40k (or Fantasy) online for real.

Reactions: CiG
Just bought a bunch of Magic cards for my
r.png
/
g.png
Channelball deck; they should arrive early July. It's gonna be pimpin. Tons of burn and Fog effects to stall until I can pull off a huge Banefire or Fireball.

I bought the FF10 HD Remaster on Steam. It was pretty good but I hate playing it on my laptop. For some reason this laptop likes big MMO's like Black Desert Online and Guild Wars 2 but any old games? NARP I WILL OVERHEAT AND BEEP IN ANGER. -_-

I've been trying to figure out which game to play, but I dunno, been playing MMO's since I was like 9-10y/o kinda finally getting bored and wanting to go into the outside. :) Right after I buy a PS4 and pre-order the new gen games. :rofl:

I blew hundreds of hours into my guild wars 1 assassin until they nerfed her into oblivion :(. Also league of legends until they nerfed my favorite characters too :( fuck nerfs tbh

You'll probably like dragon age 3 and witcher 3. I'm waiting for star ocean 5, ffxv, and tekken 7

I bought the FF10 HD Remaster on Steam. It was pretty good but I hate playing it on my laptop. For some reason this laptop likes big MMO's like Black Desert Online and Guild Wars 2 but any old games? NARP I WILL OVERHEAT AND BEEP IN ANGER. -_-

I've been trying to figure out which game to play, but I dunno, been playing MMO's since I was like 9-10y/o kinda finally getting bored and wanting to go into the outside. :) Right after I buy a PS4 and pre-order the new gen games. :rofl:
Get a PS4 and rock some GTAV. Kill hookers and slang drugs.

@arg2
Yup, literally all anyone goes on GW1 for now is to get the God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals title. It's a shame how horrible that game went in the end. It's still fun to play through now and then though.
GW2 was fun, but then the expansion came out and I got very bored very fast. I'm a legendary weapons collector on there and the new legendaries put me right off. There's like only 1 dark badass legendary which is the greatsword... -_-

I've tried Dragon age and I do want to play it but I feel like a tit for not playing the previous ones and then jumping right into the recent games. >_<

The new FF games look really good. Like, eyegasm all the time good. I just hope the combat is good because if they make another Lightning returns combat thing I'm going to cry lol.

@The Butt

I had that when it came out. I got really bored of the recent patches, but when I'm on PS4 I'll likely get it again just because the online story and races were fun haha :)

In gw1 I was a random arena whore and got up to subjugating gladiator lol. Gw2 never clicked with me tho

The dragon age games are independent of each other. 1 is arguably the best, 2 is horrible you can skip it, and 3 is very good.

The ffxv battle system looks very promising. Oh god please don't remind me of ff13

@arg2
Derp.png

:rofl:

I suffered my way through all 3 of those bloody games for xbox achievements when that was a thing, NEVER AGAIN.

Shall try Dragon Age tho thanks, my friend was saying I'd love it too because of fierce dragon lady, like uhm, the dragon lady in WoW. Can't get enough dragon ladies. :p

Reactions: arg
GW1- I loved how that game gave you so much control over how you built your character. Necro/Monk was the tits. I had some DoTs, health sacrifice for various bonuses, and healing/protectiion skills to sustain yourself/allies. The sustained damage/offhealer class model offered some fun versatility whenever a game would offer it. Typically with the low-burst dmg downside, which I was always fine with.

I hate to say it, but WoW is starting to look better. I checked back into some of the class changes for Legion via some of these Youtube personalities and everything I liked from back when I played seems to be getting some focus back on what made those specs unique. Affliction got siphon life back after having it taken away for 3 expansions. They finally removed the DK multi-rune system and really streamlined the class too. I *might* check back into it after the expansion drops and the servers calm down a bit.

Reactions: Lunella