Gamers Thread

tumblr_oa4pckUVYP1v68e5do1_1280.jpg

Guise, I just found out that Pokemon Go is actually a great tool for thieves to lure people with smart phones as a friend just got their phone nicked, so please be careful if you're gonna play that.

Finally got Zero Time Dilemma. Loving it so far. The fragmented way in which the story is told is great and quite fresh. Not sure if I'm liking it more than 999 or Virtues Last Reward, but it's likely to be my GotY if it continues to be as good as the first few hours have been.

Reactions: CiG
I kickstarted Pillars of Eternity but I just can't get into it. They really went out of their way to double-up on all the mechanical minutiae of the infinity engine games. I tried to continue my campaign after a one or two week break but found I couldn't even evaluate the strength of a weapon anymore.

So I chickened out and started playing this for the billionth time instead:

300px-The_Elder_Scrolls_III_Morrowind_Box.jpg

Still the best game ever.

could anyone recommend a game like Penumbra, Amnesiah, Soma?

nice, i just started playing Soma yesterday. have you played the fan made mod Penumbra: Necrologue? it's a mod of Amnesia: Dark Descent that's poorly optimized and there will be a couple times you'll need to check youtube to find out what to do but overall it's a really cool game. it picks up where the puzzle Penumbra game left off and you'll revisit a bunch of areas from the first three games as well as new ones. it's quite long too as it's about the same length as the other 3 games combined.

Alien: Isolation

this game captures the atmosphere of the first Alien film. you'll do a lot of hiding and cat-and-mouse maneuvers with the alien and andrioids. it's quite long too as it took me 18 hours to complete. some people felt it got too repetitive for the length. i was quite paranoid playing this game as it feels like at any moment the alien with attack and instantly kill you. you can't really fight the alien but you can make it go away quickly once you get the flamethrower and molotov cocktails but it's only a temporary reprieve. the soundtrack and general sound effects are great.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

it's a very short horror/mystery/adventure game inspired by late 19th and early 20th century weird fiction. there's not much to the gameplay as you just walk around trying to find and piece together scenes. there's no map or HUD. it's actually pretty peaceful to play and have a cup of coffee.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

it's a very short horror/mystery/adventure game inspired by late 19th and early 20th century weird fiction. there's not much to the gameplay as you just walk around trying to find and piece together scenes. there's no map or HUD. it's actually pretty peaceful to play and have a cup of coffee.

i've always liked the sound of this one. i believe EVERYBODY'S GONE TO THE RAPTURE is a similar sort of thing?

LOVE the name change btw. my ps3 username used to be Anomandaris iirc