Gamers Thread

Oops. You're playing a game called Pokémon Showdown. Same shit to me since I don't follow the series.

My headline still doesn't say you broke your own phone and never did. You would still wind up facing the same charges whether you play the game or not.

My headline still doesn't say you broke your own phone and never did.

Facepalm_Emoji_20px_zpskj3qygj9.png

"Man Arrested for Destruction of Property While Playing Nintendo Mobile Game"

http://www.tutor.com/subjects/english

Reactions: CiG
As I stated earlier, you can break the phone of another player. I acknowledged that you were playing a different game already and that I did not recognize the difference in titles.

My post does not say you broke your own phone and never would mean that. Not being familiar with different games in a series is definitely not part of English literacy.

Okay. This reminds me of when you said that thrash metal isn't 90% NWOBHM in terms of influence and couldn't explain how it was more than 10% musically unlike NWOBHM and refused to concede.

I'm just going to ignore list you since you only seem to argue with people anyway. Peace, bro.

can't put a coherent sentence together, says "thrash is 90% NWOBHM" ... talks shit to me. :lol:

PLEASE, put me on your ignore list .. you not replying to me anymore(which you seem to love doing) would be a huge plus for me.

Gamers Thread

My post does not say you broke your own phone and never would mean that .

are you sure it "never would mean that"? Yet another fail, amazing.

Last edited:
... your usual, "TB YOU'RE SO TOUGH" bullshit? lmao. But which part of that post made you think i was tough? The part where i said i would break someones phone if they had their camera open pointing at me? That makes me tough? :lol: And oh yea i forgot its 2016, fuck privacy right? One thing is for sure, i would def. slap your eyeballs out of your head if you tried pulling this shit off in front of me. Hows that for tough?

Youre talking about smacking 14 year old kids who weigh 100 lbs, but yeah you're just worried about your privacy.

Whens that flight btw?

re: Pokmeon Go. Does it give your location out to others? Also, you walk around with your camera on looking for pokemon, no? Anyone that has their camera out pointing my way is going have a broken phone, at the least.

nah, you can't see other people in-game (although you can interact in a sense at gyms - but even then all you see is a username), and you can also play with the camera off (which most people do 'cause it's easier to catch them that way). the camera thing is just a gimmick basically. the real-world location stuff is really cool though, you can feel the lines between game and reality blurring. feels like there's a second world going on beneath this one.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I've hardly seen any young people playing Go. Mostly mid/late 20's and early 30's.

i've seen a lot of kids playing it here, maybe more 20somethings though. i know a guy who's pushing 40 who bought an external battery so he could power his phone for longer while playing it lol, his wife seemed pretty pissed off about the whole thing.

Sure there are kids, but it's overwhelmingly a young adult thing, kids can hardly do the travelling and night time gathering that is required to maintain all these big events happening with teams fighting for locations etc.

no. the only time anyone ever sees you in-game is if you have one of your pokemon defending a gym in the area, in which case it'll show your username as a gym leader when they go to that gym.

people can put out lures at pokestops (which are usually landmarks like churches, libraries, parks etc) which lure pokémon to a location for 30 mins, and everyone can see that (they can't see who set it off though), so those lures can bring people flocking in and obviously some criminals are exploiting that. it's pretty paedo-friendly tbh lol. there are also personal lures called 'incenses' which can be set off anywhere but only you can see them and, again, they'll bring pokemon to your location for 30 mins.

Sure there are kids, but it's overwhelmingly a young adult thing, kids can hardly do the travelling and night time gathering that is required to maintain all these big events happening with teams fighting for locations etc.

i'm thinking more of young teenagers rather than 'kids' i guess, but they tend to gather in numbers at the local park, library etc to do all that shit. nobody does night-time stuff here though, place is absolutely fucking dead after about 11.

i'm thinking more of young teenagers rather than 'kids' i guess, but they tend to gather in numbers at the local park, library etc to do all that shit. nobody does night-time stuff here though, place is absolutely fucking dead after about 11.

One of my buddies is out until past 12 almost every night playing that shit, he's 24. Actually the other day this insanely hot white woman was playing it in the park, it was really weird.

yeah, i happened to be getting a phone upgrade at the perfect time else i'd have been concerned about that. i don't think it's that bad of a resource hog though, battery is the main problem. also their servers are screwy sometimes but that affects everyone.

One of my buddies is out until past 12 almost every night playing that shit, he's 24. Actually the other day this insanely hot white woman was playing it in the park, it was really weird.

...i've done that haha, but then i go for late night walks/runs 'n shit anyway and am generally a night owl so it's not unusual behaviour for me.

did you ask her if she'd like to get acquainted with your weedle?

yeah my phone is full and didnt even have much space to begin with. I think its about time for me to upgrade too.

Anyway, ima go hit the sack. You guys know i have nothing but love for most of you. My bluntness might be too much for some of these new guys, but the OG's around here know whats up. Goodngiht y'all.

Reactions: CiG and Baroque