Gamers Thread

Okay. This reminds me of when you said that thrash metal isn't 90% NWOBHM in terms of influence and couldn't explain how it was more than 10% musically unlike NWOBHM and refused to concede.

I'm just going to ignore list you since you only seem to argue with people anyway. Peace, bro.

It is more than 10% speed metal and punk. The drums alone are almost pure hardcore with added double bass lines which accounts for 20-25% of an average 4-5 piece thrash band.

go or showdown? go has its flaws obviously but is basically the realisation of a dream every original pokemon fanboy's had for 20 fucking years. i can't imagine being a part of that '90s era (i was 10 years old when the craze hit for the record) and not finding this exhilarating. they need to iron out the fucking glitches and server downtime etc though, and when they inevitably ruin it by adding all the next generation pokeshits i'll be the first to complain.

The game is basically still in it's infant stages, if the shit I have seen that's coming as an indicator this game is going to be even more fucking amazing.

and when they inevitably ruin it by adding all the next generation pokeshits i'll be the first to complain.

I grew up in the Pokemon craze as well and played the shit out of Pokemon Blue when it first came out but I never bothered with the next generations. I've been looking up the other Pokemon games and Gold and Silver came out in 1999, not too long after Blue/Red/Yellow so I'm not sure why they never took off. I never played them myself. There are some rather shit ones in the first gen and I'm sure there must be cooler ones in the later gens.

I've been playing a bit of Pokemon Go, I'm only level 9 and trying to hatch two 10km eggs at the minute. My favourite catch so far is my Vulpix and Haunter. I went out one day and caught like 30 fucking Drowzees, they seem to be by far the most common. Coolest I've seen at a gym around where I live is a Rapidash.

i think most of the generations were pretty neat actually, but it just got too unwieldy with too many new species, some of them beyond retarded. they should've been adding an extra 10 or 20 to the original lot each time, at most.

i got it on tuesday and i'm already nearly lvl 14 because i'm gay. drowzees aren't that common here although i've seen a few, and i haven't come across a vulpix or haunter (got several gastlys), maybe you live in a better area for some of these as many are dependent on habitat. thusfar my pokedex reads seen: 28, caught: 27 (damn you jigglypuff), but i'm gonna be out and about tomorrow in different places to usual so i'm hoping for some new stuff. rarest thing i've got so far is mr. mime i presume, while the strongest are a CP565 golbat and CP444 pidgeot. haven't used a single piece of stardust yet though, got over 30k stashed away. i'm not touching the gyms yet lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Phylactery
Been playing Hearts of Iron 4. I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but I started as Sweden and promptly converted the country to Fascism. Then started a coup in both Finland and Norway to convert them as well. Finland became fascist, but Norway ended up in a rough civil war that never really finished. Eventually the Soviets came and conquered both Finland and the fascist part of Northern Norway. I'm now researching nuclear technology so I can eliminate those filthy democracy-loving southern Norwegians. Originally I wanted to nuke Denmark for historical reasons, however the Nazis just conquered them, and I don't think nuking Hitler's territory would be wise.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
i think most of the generations were pretty neat actually, but it just got too unwieldy with too many new species, some of them beyond retarded. they should've been adding an extra 10 or 20 to the original lot each time, at most.

i got it on tuesday and i'm already nearly lvl 14 because i'm gay. drowzees aren't that common here although i've seen a few, and i haven't come across a vulpix or haunter (got several gastlys), maybe you live in a better area for some of these as many are dependent on habitat. thusfar my pokedex reads seen: 28, caught: 27 (damn you jigglypuff), but i'm gonna be out and about tomorrow in different places to usual so i'm hoping for some new stuff. rarest thing i've got so far is mr. mime i presume, while the strongest are a CP565 golbat and CP444 pidgeot. haven't used a single piece of stardust yet though, got over 30k stashed away. i'm not touching the gyms yet lol

Sheesh, how have you levelled so fast?!

A few Pidgeots have appeared by my house but they're annoying to catch so I only got one. The Haunter got out of 7 Pokeballs before I finally caught it and it's not even a strong one, only CP 133. I used some stardust on a Jynx I got because I've always found it hilarious how ridiculously racist they are, and they come at around 300-400CP.

Yeah, Drowzees are literally fucking everywhere here, I got a Hypno within an hour of being out from evolving a Drowzee because I caught so many. I've decided I'm going to focus on having the strongest Gloom in the area haha, dunno why but I've always liked Gloom.

I used some stardust on a Jynx I got because I've always found it hilarious how ridiculously racist they are, and they come at around 300-400CP.

Lol okay that's pretty funny.

latest

Reactions: Phylactery
lol @ people glorifying Pokemon's first gen. Why are you even a fan if you can't move past your nostalgia about the first gen? That was roughly twenty years ago now.

I know, right? PC types are literally stealing toys from children.

Eh, I'm no fan of the PC tards but this one can hardly be blamed on them. Creedence Clearwater Revival used to be called The Golliwogs but changed it for reasons of sensitivity back in the 1960's.

It was just a slow natural process.

lol @ people glorifying Pokemon's first gen. Why are you even a fan if you can't move past your nostalgia about the first gen? That was roughly twenty years ago now.

it's just overkill to me - both the number of pokemon and the number of generations. i'm a fan of the original concept, not the endless franchise. i just find it overwhelming to even keep track of.

Sheesh, how have you levelled so fast?!

hoarding pidgeys/weedles/caterpies then using a lucky egg (which doubles all XP for half an hour) and evolving them (you get 500XP for every evolve, so 1000 with the egg) + just playing loads lol.

funnily enough, since my previous post i went for a walk and found a ponyta and a haunter - used a berry on the haunter and managed to catch it in a regular pokeball first time round, 180CP. still no sign of a vulpix.

'cause i'm bored i'll make a quick list of everything i have + how many i've caught (or rather, owned - some of these are evolutions, egg hatches or starter pokemon in charmander's case):
charmander (caught 2)
squirtle (caught 1)
caterpie (caught 10)
metapod (caught 4)
butterfree (caught 1)
weedle (caught 64, seen 69)
kakuna (caught 26, seen 29)
beedrill (caught 1)
pidgey (caught 74, seen 79)
pidgeotto (caught 22, seen 23)
pidgeot (caught 1)
rattata (caught 60, seen 66)
raticate (caught 9, seen 10)
spearow (caught 11, seen 12)
jigglypuff (caught 0, seen 1 :()
zubat (caught 7, seen 9)
golbat (caught 3)
oddish (caught 2)
venonat (caught 3, seen 5)
meowth (caught 1)
ponyta (caught 1)
seel (caught 1)
shellder (caught 3)
gastly (caught 4)
haunter (caught 1)
drowzee (caught 2)
krabby (caught 1)
staryu (caught 1)
mr. mime (caught 1)
eevee (caught 3)

as you can see, there are three which occur WAY more frequently than any others. drowzees are a rarity round here. what's your habitat like? i'm basically in a small suburb with a small lake nearish and a couple of grassy areas. pokéstops in the area are almost all churches haha, i didn't even know there were that many til i played this game.

edit: literally encountered a drowzee the moment i posted this.

it's just overkill to me - both the number of pokemon and the number of generations. i'm a fan of the original concept, not the endless franchise. i just find it overwhelming to even keep track of.

The original concept was cool, but if they stuck to it, we wouldn't even be talking right now. The actual games have improved vastly in all areas. I do agree that adding so many new Pokemon every second game is a little crazy (where does it end?) but the first gen isn't the best nor the game's peak both in terms of creativity or battle complexity.

Pokemon isn't so brilliant a franchise that we need to get all conservative about it.

oh sure, i'm moaning solely about the actual number (and sometimes quality) of new pokemon, not the games. i did say above (or on the previous page, w/e) that i think most generations were neat. i'm not sure there needed to be quite so MANY generations either but eh, money's money i guess.

i wouldn't argue that pokemon is objectively amazing or anything, but as someone who also birdwatches fairly seriously and regularly runs a moth trap etc i'm predisposed to adore it haha.

I adore it similarly!

But I can also see it's shortcomings etc. I also have issues with talking about gens as if they got less and less creative, ever had a serious look at the first gen recently? Some of them are so silly. Voltorb and Electrode for example are just reworkings of the RPG treasure chest mimics.

Anyways, I do agree there should just be less Pokemon overall, regardless of how many gens exist.