Gamers Thread

hoping i don't hate the ffxv characters. they look like a jpop boyband

Been binging the classic DOOM games while I build my playlist in preparation for playing through the new one. Can't wait. Oh, and just plain fucking around on POSTAL 2.

I hate to say it, but WoW is starting to look better. I checked back into some of the class changes for Legion via some of these Youtube personalities and everything I liked from back when I played seems to be getting some focus back on what made those specs unique. Affliction got siphon life back after having it taken away for 3 expansions. They finally removed the DK multi-rune system and really streamlined the class too. I *might* check back into it after the expansion drops and the servers calm down a bit.

The thing is, WoW expansions always look good until you play them. I will try Legion but it better not be like the previous expansion, I wasted £60 on that for garrisons, just gonna wait this time until it's cheaper.
I wonder what happened to the legacy server people, wasn't that a huge ranty thing not too long ago? I doubt Blizzard would let us have legacy servers though.

The thing is, WoW expansions always look good until you play them. I will try Legion but it better not be like the previous expansion, I wasted £60 on that for garrisons, just gonna wait this time until it's cheaper.
I wonder what happened to the legacy server people, wasn't that a huge ranty thing not too long ago? I doubt Blizzard would let us have legacy servers though.

Yeah. I think the best time for the game was Burning Crusade up through WOTLK until trial of the Crusader when the game started to go downhill pretty quickly. I read that's when a majority of the original developers either left Blizzard or moved to other projects. Vanilla was good, but mechanically very unbalance/unpolished. Those original dungeons/raids still remain my favorite though. Blackwing Lair, Original Naxxramas, Blackrock Depths, Dire Maul, and Scholomance... Yum!

Reactions: Lunella
I'm still trucking along at Eternal Poison. Farther than I ever got ten years ago when I first bought it, but god fucking damn is this a difficult strat rpg. You have a few complicated factors... first of all, you gotta win, obviously. Oftentimes within a set amount of turns, which okay, that's typical. Coupled with attempting to get a treasure chest or two if you're a completionist like myself, and the biggest general bitch of all, you have to overkill your enemies by often 100+ HP, sometimes 300 or more, in order to capture them for completing what's essentially a pokedex.

Oh yeah, and the main bosses can only be destroyed/ captured with specific conditions like 'summon a monster you should have caught four stages ago and use it'. You can't travel backwards. Game's broken as fuck as far as accesibility, and not just for shit like that, but damned if it doesn't keep me coming back every few years. Just a really cool mixing pot of concepts.

Reactions: Lunella
It's here. I already got five pokemans.

Wish I hadn't grabbed Charmander for starter though :\ I always go bulbasaur. Although, I preferred charmander when I was a kid so perhaps it's right now to retrogress.

Reactions: CiG
i'm not massively but i dip in and out, i enjoyed the super mario maker stuff earlier. i absolutely love super metroid races though as it's one of my fav games and it's been so optimised that they're usually close and dramatic. also it's just a perfect speedrun game basically, and this is the best lineup they've ever had for it.