Gamers Thread

if there ever was an 'in crowd' opinion this has got to be it (good game though)

I'm looking forward to RYM's future vidya expansion, last I checked Valkyrie Profile wasn't really as favored relative to some other stuff, but I haven't been able to access the beta in several months. I think indieshit is more in-crowd these days than the underground classics.

@H.P. Lovecraft Until Dawn was actually pretty good for one of those "interactive games".

SPOILERS .....

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

@H.P. Lovecraft Until Dawn was actually pretty good for one of those "interactive games".

SPOILERS .....

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Which isn't saying much. Soporific crapfest, characters I couldn't be less interested in even if they were mute, wooden boards, a story more pre-fabricated than a One Direction single, and all the unrivaled breadth of choice or "interactivity" of a North Korean gulag.

i liked it, in a kind of like cheap horror flick kind of way. Story wasn't bad. And tehre was a bunch of awesome gory scenes. And your choices do cost you BIG in the game, unlike the Telltale games. Have you played it?
I like cheap horror flicks, but good Lord, Scarlett Johanssen has movies more enthralling. The gore was about the only selling point for me. I have played it. Choices cost you big in that game like a Big Mac on the side slides Carlos Slim into bankruptcy.

I've been trying to get into Jade Cocoon lately and the movement mechanics are fuckin weird. Or my controller is going, IDK it's been fine with my other PS2 games though. It's been ruining what I've been told is a game right up my alley.

I preferred Origins but great series. Micromanaging tactics is a joyous thing that I don't see in enough games, not sure how you could call bending AI actions to your will 'mindless'.

Origins is definitely the best of the Trilogy, but I think Inquisition is definitely one of Bioware's crown jewels, I mean to bounce back from the atrocious Dragon Age II In that kind way was pretty spectacular, fuck even the story DLC to Inquisition was fucking fantastic!

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
I don't really care about the story element all that much in games though. All about cutting lean characters with precise skills, and high completion percentage, and DA definitely allows people to flex their strategy with the aforementioned combat mechanics.

I think the latter could definitely fuck with one's sense of the intended story, it's difficult to care about the main plot when it's just another quest amongst hundreds.

im easily bored by games now. got no appetite to play ffxv or andromeda. i wonder if there's any game that can really suck me in like when i was a teen playing straight into the next morning. maybe im just getting old and jaded