Gamers Thread

oh
ok.
Previous FF's were turn based. FFXII is in real time, but when you give commands it pauses. It's a really cool system, actually. I recommend checking the game out. It's not killer hard, but it's no cakewalk. It's nice and long - good value. There's plenty of extra stuff, too, so if you want you can do more stuff or you can just play the story, which is dope. Also, the CG's are tits.

The only games I can motivate myself to play these days are Deus Ex and Pro Evo 4.
Not that I mind really, I love them like my childrens.

Also Audiosurf is superawesome, but my demo expired and I don't really want to spend any money on games, even if it is just £5

Also - Soul Calibur is better than Tekken, but Tekken is more fun, d'you get me?

Deus Ex is ownage. Hails.
Any word on Deus Ex 3? I've heard it's gonna be more like one (thank god) but we'll see.

I thought that was true too. Then in the Cairo level I realized that I could throw a dead body about 20 feet straight up and it occurred to me that they hadn't really bothered to make the game work right.

I still think it's a solid game. The power armor dudes were fucking annoying, though, and the ammo thing was retarded. But the idea of Deus Ex with modern graphics gives me such a mammoth fucking boner it's absurd. They don't need to change anything, just take the original game and all the levels and everything and make it nice, like half-life source.
Looks like Fallout 3 might be along those lines.

although my guess is that some parts wouldn't work to hot with a modern physics engine. Still, it falls high on my list of DO WANT.

So I had another FFXII all-day session. I discovered 2 new areas (the necrohol of nabudis and the nabreus deadlands) and one triggered a video that leads me to believe I shouldn't have gone there yet (also because the monsters there are pure pwnage). I wonder how far I am from the end...

The Necrohol was a fucking disappointment... I expected it to do something awesome, being a necrohol and all. But, no... just some stupid side quests and ominous looking mist.

XII was just so... average... didn't come close to VII, VIII, or X.
Too much missed opportunity... there were so many things they could have done with the game to make it better.

FFXII is the only FF title I've played so far and I enjoyed it a lot while it lasted. Not sure if I'll be playing it through again sometime in the near future. There simply isn't much to do once you've finished the game. I still haven't gotten several Espers and a few hunts are yet to be completed, but it seems kind of useless once you've beaten the final boss.

XII was just so... average... didn't come close to VIII

Wait - VIII was good? I'm confused. I thought it was absolute fucking garbage. The junction system could have been a good thing but it's completely broken. The story was pretty damn bad and the soundtrack was only decent, and I expect a lot more than decent from Nobuo.
I liked VII a lot, although it was way too easy. IV, V and VII are probably my favourites in the series.

Also - Soul Calibur is better than Tekken, but Tekken is more fun, d'you get me?
To be honest, I would've probably liked Tekken had I not been introduced to Soul Calibur first.
I played Tekken 5 again today to remind myself what exactly I didn't like about it: all the characters move like they're on delay.
Soul Calibur's fighting is just so visceral and fluid, and that's
something that I can't seem to find in Tekken.

FFXII is the only FF title I've played so far and I enjoyed it a lot while it lasted. Not sure if I'll be playing it through again sometime in the near future. There simply isn't much to do once you've finished the game. I still haven't gotten several Espers and a few hunts are yet to be completed, but it seems kind of useless once you've beaten the final boss.

ffs man play VII already, it's amazing! all the more recent games totally suck compared to it

i love deus ex although i remember getting really pissed off 'cause i saved the game when i had no legs and needed to climb a ladder lol

Compared to other FFs, FF9 doesnt get the credit it deserves... I dunno why. It's great!

Lovable characters, a beautiful world reminiscent of classic FFs, a solid and well-paced story, an intuitive system...

It's probably my 3rd favorite Final Fantasy. (7 and 12 being 1st and 2nd)