Gamers Thread

To be honest, I would've probably liked Tekken had I not been introduced to Soul Calibur first.
I played Tekken 5 again today to remind myself what exactly I didn't like about it: all the characters move like they're on delay.
Soul Calibur's fighting is just so visceral and fluid, and that's
something that I can't seem to find in Tekken.

I have the same problem with the last two Mortal Kombat games. The characters and moves are cool, but it just seems so unresponsive, especially the blocking. You press the block button and it takes like a full second for your character to then block. Soul Calibur 3 is nice and responsive.

Compared to other FFs, FF9 doesnt get the credit it deserves... I dunno why. It's great!

Lovable characters, a beautiful world reminiscent of classic FFs, a solid and well-paced story, an intuitive system...

I pretty much gave up on the series after VIII. What annoys me the most about the later FF games (everything after VI, it seems) is that they're all so ridiculously easy.

I would play FFVII, but it's 3 discs long and I don't have time for that.

It's hardly longer than the more recent FF games. It should only take around 40 hours to beat the game and the major sidequests.

@cherko: oh, ok
right, cuz it's ps1, so the discs don't hold as much.
I'll give it a go, although if I get this job I don't see how I'll have time.

I have the same problem with the last two Mortal Kombat games. The characters and moves are cool, but it just seems so unresponsive, especially the blocking. You press the block button and it takes like a full second for your character to then block. Soul Calibur 3 is nice and responsive.
Mortal Kombat's fighting system was always flawed, but I love experiencing the MK world as a whole- the setting and the characters. There's just something special about it. The Konquest mode in MK: Armageddon was also very good, too bad it was short.

someone should send me all their old PS rpgs because im bored out of my fucking mind and im pretty sure mine are to scratched to be played anymore.

thanks

Wait - VIII was good? I'm confused. I thought it was absolute fucking garbage. The junction system could have been a good thing but it's completely broken. The story was pretty damn bad and the soundtrack was only decent, and I expect a lot more than decent from Nobuo.
I liked VII a lot, although it was way too easy. IV, V and VII are probably my favourites in the series.

I was not a huge fan of the combat system, but it was average enough to get me through the game. The ending and the underlying story to VIII was what made it so damn good.

Has anyone played Kingdom Hearts. What's it like?

It rocks!:) KHII is even better. 3rd person action rpg set in the world of Disney, with many Square characters making appearances.