Gamers Thread

well, siege has a "meta" like any other competitive game that is sort of stale. and the power creep / introduction of shitty maps is kind of lame

How is Siege played out at this point? I've put over a thousand hours into that game because the gameplay always changes. Every map people find new ways to attack/defend. And not to mention there are still a ton of people who play it. Never played a game where my heart races so much on how intense some matches become. I have a ton of games I have never opened and I can never stop playing Siege. That's just how it is.

But whatever to each their own.

Anyways excited for E3, finally get to see a new Assassin's Creed game which'll take place in Egypt, I hope these 2 years have helped them do some amazing things with that franchise.

Also Project Scorpio can't wait to see it in action.

I'm sure its a solid game, I just can't find myself getting into more realistic styled shooters. Shooters in general aren't for me outside of OW at this point and occasionally TF2. I'd give Siege a go, and I'd like it but get bored within a month or so. Always happens.

E3 for me is all about what Nintendo is doing. The Switch has been a success up 'til now, but it needs more to keep it going. We still don't know enough about the online environment it is going to have, need a few more game announcements (new metroid please? f-zero?)

Other than that, Atlus come on where is Etrian Odyssey V?

its not a 'casuals' console, its a console that aims to unify the handheld and home console market

it isn't as powerful as XB1 or PS4 (but fuck the idea of 'serious' gaming on those anyways, get a damn gaming PC), but it doesn't need to be

Reactions: CiG
1 - yes, it still caters to casuals and children, almost more so than people who have been gaming their whole lives.

2 - A PS4 or XBONE are in the $200-300 range, a proper gaming rig will cost you at least $900(and can go higher than $2k) or so. Depends on if you're building or buying.

3 - Some of the best games around are exclusively on consoles.

4 - just isnt anywhere near as powerful as the competition, and that is a negative regardless of how their fanboys want to spin it. There are PS3 games that look and run infinitely better than what i've seen so far on the switch.

5 - fuck handheld gaming

The wii was the last nintendo console i purchased. I played wii sports a few times and boxed that shit back up. Then i picked up Super Mario Galaxy, beat the game and that shit went back in its box and has been sitting in my closet ever since. I owned every Nintendo console that came out before the wii, and never touched anything with a Nintendo logo on it afterwards. The way i look at it is they turned their backs on their true fans with the wii by throwing us under the rug and reached to the whole smart phone crowd with all the elementary garbage they embraced with that console. They went from being the most respected name amongst the true gamers, to basically being the laughingstock of the industry. sad.

mark my words, that shit is going to fall harder than the wiiU did.

I enjoy handheld gaming so I enjoy the Switch, but you can still play it on a big screen.

I'm fine with the direction they're going, what would non-casual gaming mean for the Nintendo? What kind of games would you want them to make? Do you want them to basically become indistinguishable from the other consoles?

As someone that owns every console and will always more than likely buy every new console that comes out, I don't really want 3 consoles that are indistinguishable from each other, which is already a problem with XBox and Playstation.

Not even sure why the XBox still exists. It has next to no exclusives either.

having a console that is just as strong, if not stronger than the competition = being the same/indistinguishable from the rest ????? I want them to do exactly what they were doing in the 90's. I want them to make the strongest hardware and also have the best lineup of exclusives. just the overall total package when it comes to console gaming. I want them to be king again.

Nintendo has some of the best exclusives, and if they had a console that can run some of the other games that are being played competitively on other consoles, me and millions of others would jump back on board in a flash. Shit, imagine how much nicer their exclusive would even look and run if they werent using such and underpowered systems.

I'm not against them making more powerful consoles, so I agree there, I'm just not so sure they really excel at making games that require it. If they did upgrade the power, it would increase the cost and people would be paying more for a more powerful console that they don't need because they're playing Breath of the Wild and Yooka-Laylee etc.

It is a little annoying that they released what is essentially a handheld when the 3DS could still use a little loving. They should have released something more powerful just on principal, they've unnecessarily limited themselves in some respect.

But that new Mario game looks baller.

I just wish Nintendo would drop all the gimmicky stuff. Keep the fun cartoony games. I never bothered to play a lot of wii games because of the motion nonsense. It's not fun, it doesn't make you more active, it's tedious and it added 10000 cancerware games to the system that would have been shitty phone app games.

I have a WiiU and honestly liked it better than its predecessor. Still not perfect.

I want a Switch and had the opportunity to just buy one for no reason a while back but there was like 3 games for it at the time.

Also wonder if the rumors of the Super Nintendo classic are true but fuck, I never even had a chance to get a Nintendo classic at a non-hook-nosed price.

Has anyone played Torment: Tides of Numenera? Can you complete the game with a dialogue build, like in Planescape, or will you be forced to fight tough enemies at any point? I'd hate to have to restart after half the game because of getting stuck.

Switch is pretty cool, worth buying for Zelda and MK8 if you don't already have a Wii U. There's not much else on it right now. Puyo Tetris is fun but could easily be a SNES game

It needs more games pretty badly. If they waited about 3 months and released some apps with it like a web browser and the virtual console it'd probably be better. Right now there's not even many games announced for it, they kind of rushed the hardware out. It is good hardware tho

isnt that the same Mario Kart that was on Wii U?

Does it have a trophy/achievement system?

I'd pick one up just for the exclusives(and Ultra SF2) but i dont think its worth half of what its currently selling for.

Yeah I mentioned the Wii U bit. If you don't have a Wii U, these are good games that run better on the switch.

No trophy system (yet?)

It costs less than an iPad and is more powerful gaming wise.

Oh Zelda is on Wii U too? So the few games that are exclusives are basically ported Wii u games? :lol: sad.

I wouldnt buy an ipad, so yeah. I'd say a PS4 is worth about $200-225. No way in hell am i dishing out over $300 for a fucking under-powered portable wii.

I'm snatching up Yooka-Laylee as soon as it's out.

Looking forward to splatoon 2 and the new Mario personally. Never played splatoon but I usually like cartoony shooters.

The system needs an animal crossing, Pokémon, metroid, smash bros, etc. hopefully some more new material also. Not sure what to think of Arms yet