Gamers Thread

Started playing Dying Light here the other day. Dont know how i missed this one. Having a great time splattering zombies so far. This will keep me entertained untill FarCry 5 release next month.

Will also mention Let it die. Free game i tested. As a free game i really enjoyed the humor and gore of that one.

Finally got Ark:Survival Evolved, I've been eyeing it for awhile. Fucking fantastic so far. If you own Jurassic Park pajamas like I do and enjoy survival genre, I highly recommend it. There's fucking dinosaurs everywhere and you eat them and tame them and ride them and build huts and plant seeds n shit. Its probably one of the more... Evolved... and involved...Survival titles out there.

It also has local co-op as split screen, which is nice to see in a newer title, but you would need a big ass tv to do it. I think ours is a 48 inch and everything is completely unreadable on 2 player.

haven't played all these but they're generally considered the cream of the crop right now:
nier automata
witcher 3
persona 5
bloodborne
horizon: zero dawn

Slay The Spire has been absolutely kicking my ass the past week. It's the perfect mix between a Roguelike and a deckbuilding game like Hearthstone. It's interesting in that you don't start the game with a built deck, but build it up and upgrade it over time as you play based on what you find. Random stuff happens, you can find relics that give passive bonuses, etc. It's super replayable and a lot of fun!

I really like the concept, and I can see myself getting sucked into a game like this one day, but I'm not impressed by the cards shown in the video. Hearthstone has way more dimensionality due to minions and a wider variety of spell attributes.

I really like the concept, and I can see myself getting sucked into a game like this one day, but I'm not impressed by the cards shown in the video. Hearthstone has way more dimensionality due to minions and a wider variety of spell attributes.

The Ironclad is kind of the brute force warrior archetype. You would probably like 'The Silent' class more. Has a lot of draw/discard synergies, transform cards in your hand into other cards, etc.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Someone recommend 3-5 games for PS4 that would be worth my time. Preferably RPGs.

haven't played all these but they're generally considered the cream of the crop right now:
nier automata
witcher 3
persona 5
bloodborne
horizon: zero dawn

I can corfirm that The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne are well worth your time. Although I’m pretty sure you already own Bloodborne. The Witcher 3 has some fantastic questlines that lead to you making morally ambigous decisions that do have an impact throughout the game, especially the ending. The combat isn’t the best (although it’s still leagues above Skyrim’s which is hideous), but it’s carried by its vast scope and rewarding storyline. Also, Yennefer is a bad ass bitch.

You may also like Nioh which is very Dark Souls/Bloodborne esque crossed with Onimusha. The combat is more involved but I don’t find it as compelling as the aforementioned for whatever reason but I’d definitely give it a try.

I own Horizon Zero Dawn and Monster Hunter World but I haven’t played them enough yet to confirm if they are worth your time. The latter seems to be a lot better if you have PSN so you can access online play.

After finally doing nearly everything in Bloodborne, I can certainly say I don’t enjoy it quite as much as the Souls series, especially the first Dark Souls. While I enjoy its aesthetic and Lovecraftian inspired horror, I don’t find it as unsettling, oppressive and morbidly dark as the first Dark Souls. Still a great game, of course.

Last edited:
Someone recommend 3-5 games for PS4 that would be worth my time. Preferably RPGs.
Not knowing what games you prefer i`ll take a shot in the dark here with games i have played lately.

I played threw Mad Max wich is free on PS plus threw april. Had loads of fun playing it. A bit sketchy at first but upgrades are really notisable.
Witcher 3 also is a favourite i actually played threw 2 times wich i never do.
Horizon i enjoyed just as much as witcher. Also one of the best DLC`s i have comed across and there is more to come.
Dying Light was also loads of fun.
Now playing FarCry 5. Positive so far(about three hours of gametime so far). Few annoying bugs but loads of humor and much action. Seems promesing and friends who are playing it says its a winner.
Hope it helps.
PS Free games: "Let it die" is a free game on PS store i enjoyed a while. If no cash and need someting to spend time on, i recommend it. Also played Crossout wich is fun if you are able to spend loads of cash on it. If not you are just target practise for the paying players. I payed.......

Reactions: Omni
Bloodborne is likely my favorite game ever. The Witcher 3 is cool too. A co-worker recommended Horizon: Zero Dawn so I’ll be checking it out soon.

I'd probably like Bloodborne more than I do if I was better at it, but it is still one of my favorite games ever. I'm too inconsistent when I play it and my reaction time is not very good.

Reactions: Manic Ferocity
i like it partly because it's clearly influenced by an old ps1 favourite nightmare creatures lol. also just generally beautifully designed though. not an all time fav or anything but no games from this gen are thusfar.

i really like the sound of nier automata though

I've at least beaten all of the Soulsborne games. I'm much less of a fan of Dark Souls II and was so sick of it by the end that I barely delved into the DLC. I'm sure I'll get around to it one of these days.

Definitely pumped for the remaster of the first Dark Souls.

Definitely play the Dark Souls 2 DLC! Some of the finest level design in the series imo and some epic fights. I’m personally not huge on Sunken King, but a lot of people enjoy it due to its Zelda esque puzzles. Old Iron King is probably my favourite. Some of the views are epic and the level itself is extremely well designed. Two great boss fights as well.

I have yet to play any of the Souls games but I've owned the first one since forever and was planning to dive into it this summer. What's this about a remaster though? Do I need that? Don't want to buy the game twice when I have yet to play it once.

I demand you play it now! Pretty sure it’s everything you’d want in a video game and would massively appeal to you! If you have the Steam version there’s a no need to get the remaster. The console versions, however, suffer from massive frame rate drops in Blight Town unless they fixed that.

Also, don’t give it up so easily. I considered it a slog for the first few hours, nothing stood out. Then suddenly it all clicked, the world started to intertwine and wrap back on itself by discovery of absolutely genius shortcuts. By the 5 hour mark I was obsessed. The atmosphere is just amazing. Dark, bleak and oppressive but also bizarre and unnerving and wrapped in mystique. Enveloped in an inexplicable aura that most of the best metal albums have.

Last edited: