Gamers Thread

That looks like the worst game I have ever seen in my life.
And why does everyone think Jack Black is metal? Where did this horribly misconceived notion come from? Tenacious D is funny, but come on... they play acoustic guitars for fuck's sake. I've about had my fill of the Jack Black brand of comedy.
I hope the production studio burns down so we never have to see that abomination.

Persona 4 is out. According to reviews, it's a lot better than the previous installment. This I gotta I see. It will probably be the last big title to hit the PS2.

The main character is VOICED by Jack Black. That doesn't make the main character Jack Black. Nor does it mean the game is affiliated in any way with Tenacious D... =/

Although I guess if the mere sound of his voice makes you rage then fair enough.

Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny was a cool movie. it had Dio and Meatloaf in it.

That looks like the worst game I have ever seen in my life.
And why does everyone think Jack Black is metal? Where did this horribly misconceived notion come from? Tenacious D is funny, but come on... they play acoustic guitars for fuck's sake. I've about had my fill of the Jack Black brand of comedy.
I hope the production studio burns down so we never have to see that abomination.

You're an idiot. Go play some Schafer games and tell me that anything he makes is not worth looking forward too.

Awesome new trailer, btw. But Fall 2009? Fucking hell, Double Fine should only reveal their games like 6 months before they are to come out from now on.

You're an idiot. Go play some Schafer games and tell me that anything he makes is not worth looking forward too.

Awesome new trailer, btw. But Fall 2009? Fucking hell, Double Fine should only reveal their games like 6 months before they are to come out from now on.

I'm sorry, but from that trailer, the game looks terrible.
I did enjoy Psychonauts... it had some good comedy and some very imaginative elements in it.. but the gameplay left a lot to be desired, and made the game somewhat less than great. Perhaps the game will be good... I just know that that trailer looked atrocious.

I first read it as a "level 86 Drummer", and I thought what the hell?
Morrowind brings back memories in droves. The open-ended world is amazing: a plethora of side-quests, many different factions. so many memorable characters and locations. Each step in Fallout's drab and desolate wasteland reminds me of how much better that game is by comparison. Granted, I like the combat and perk system in Fallout, but overall, I was pretty disappointed in the game. There simply isn't enough content for an RPG title.

Ok, so I had a good deal here and bought an Xbox 360. I got Gears of War 1 used for cheap and Gears of War 2 was included in the package when I bought the console.

What are the games that I should check out? I've heard good things about Fallout 3, Elders Scroll, Mass Effect and Bioshock. Anything suggestions? (Also, I'm not the biggest first person shooter fan and I usually like RPGs the best...)

Bioshock isn't really an RPG, it has a decent story but the RPG element is so lightly sprinkled on you may not even notice it. I'd consider it more of a story-driven FPS. Anyways, I'd really recommend you get Morrowind (Game of the Year Edition) for the original Xbox. I believe if you have an internet connection you can download some sort of patch to play it on your 360. Oblivion is alright, it sacrifices some things for basic combat upgrades and pretty graphics. It really lacks some freedom that Morrowind has. I have Mass Effect but I have yet to get into it but I've also heard good things about it. That's about all I can recommend at the moment.