Gamers Thread

Whats your tag on Live STN?

satanstoenail66

It was supposed to be satanstoenail666 but only 15 characters are allowed and I was drunk and didn't realise until I'd pressed enter. Some plagiaristic cunt had already taken satanstoenail.

Grand Theft Auto IV for $4.99 (no tax) on Steam? Yes please. Too bad it's taking forever to download, even at 700 KB/s :(

That's the thing with Steam. Awesome prices, don't need to go out to buy it, but damn does it take a long time to download. Unless it's an old game.

Borderlands single player is pretty much unplayable. It's like Fallout 3 stripped of atmosphere, meaningful character development, quirky charm, humor, oppressive bleakness, and basically everything that made Fallout 3 good. I can see how it might rule in multiplayer, though.

Just brought my second ps3 within about 8 months :mad:,the last one got a bit of dust in it and started sounding fairly unheathy on inserting and ejecting discs.I was looking forward to a nice relaxing afternoon of Red Dead Redemption and it did'nt seem to wanna accept the disc so i gave it a few gentle thumps and killed the disc player.It might've still been under warranty but i can't be without my ps3 so i just went and brought another one.It took me ages to work out how to transfer data from one ps3 to another and was about to give up and start my games from scratch but that's pretty fucking devastating especially when you've been playing an online game like Bad Company and have about ten games from the Playstation Network on your old system,worked it out though so all's good and i'll just have to keep this one well away from any dust,they don't like it.

I'm currently on my third 360. My two previous ones were lost to the Ring of Death. I tried the x-clamp replacement on my second one, which was an Elite, and it worked for about five days before succumbing to the Ring a second time. I'm now using an Arcade with the old hard-drive from my Elite.

Started playing Warhammer Online again in the last week. Have been enjoying it - they have really made massive improvements to it, and its a great pvp game. Should tide me over till LOTRO F2P launch/ SWTOR next year.

I'm currently on my third 360. My two previous ones were lost to the Ring of Death. I tried the x-clamp replacement on my second one, which was an Elite, and it worked for about five days before succumbing to the Ring a second time. I'm now using an Arcade with the old hard-drive from my Elite.

Should do the penny trick as well from what I read, also there is apparently mixed success with the xclamp fix depending on how soon you do it after the initial problem/how long you let overheat after/ making sure it stays cool following the fix.

My ex and I shared an xbox 360 together (bitch has it now even though I bought most of the games) and it got the RROD which got fixed because it was still under warranty. I don't understand how all these next-gen consoles seem to fuck up so much more easily than say a PS2 or something.

Downloaded Deus Ex off Steam the other day. Fuckin' awesome game that I never finished a long long time ago.

Sorry to hear about your 360 mate...nor do I,even without the dust problem my ps3 had been fucking up generally more often lately,i don't know if it's got anything to do with the updates,or all the other crap they bring out for the ps3.