Gaming Thread

A caveat on Bloodlines - if your system has more than 2GB RAM or you want to use widescreen resolutions and aspect ratios without godawful stretching then some tinkering with the game files is necessary.

Oh I agree, just hex editing binary files isn't for every gamer. That game was released in poor shape and the result was the end of Troika.

On unrelated news, Steam, Impulse and GOG all have the Age of Wonders series now. Great turn based strategy in the spirit of Warlords and Master of Magic.

The Witcher was awesome... up until my hard drive crashed. Then I didn't have the heart to try to get back to the 40+ hours I had logged into it. I really should get back to that.

Morrowind is a must, Oblivion if you suck at RPGs.
Gothic 1 and 2
Neverwinter Nights 2
Mass Effect is basically Dragon Age in a sci fi setting.

I've tried Oblivion, and couldn't get into it because I see no end in sight. Progress was too slow, and I need more gratification from a game if I'm going to spend so much time playing it. BUT I will look into the others, thanks a lot. I've been told that I should play Morrowind, I think I will try that asap. thanks!

The Witcher. You and I seem to agree on most games, so this is the game I definitely recommend. The combat system takes a bit to get use to, but once you do it is super fun and it has a great immersive story.

Thanks, I'll look into Witcher. Do you like Lionhead games? I played Black & White and loved it, and also Spore.

"Dragon Age".

And I'd recommend anything Bioware, really. Mass Effect 2 is definitely worth trying, but play Mass Effect 1 first, both are exceptionally good games. You can always try The Witcher, it's excellent but it's not exactly the most woman-friendly game. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is a bit older, and you need to install an unofficial patch to get the most out of it, but it's definitely a game every RPG fan should have played.

Thanks, will try!

I've tried Oblivion, and couldn't get into it because I see no end in sight. Progress was too slow, and I need more gratification from a game if I'm going to spend so much time playing it. BUT I will look into the others, thanks a lot. I've been told that I should play Morrowind, I think I will try that asap. thanks!

ehhh morrowind might not b for you then.

I read the review for Medal Of Honor and I feel really bad for the company that made it. They put soooo much into the promo and hype for it and it was hyped up everywhere yet the IGN review gave it a 6/10. ouch.

Also on topic Morrowind is fucking amazing, I remember back when I first played it and was blown away by how many cities and characters and things to do there were, I must've put at least 100 hours into that. Once I get my computer upgrade I need to go back and play Oblivion and all the expansions, Mass Effect 2 and all the DLC and replay Half Life 2 and all the episodes; the suspension is killing meeee