Gaming Thread

It's shaping up to be more of what ME2 was to ME, in my opinion. Better in the long run, with a big sacrifice in RPG elements.

Although, the combat system can only get better. I will take hack and slash over Kotor style click and watch anyday, thank you.

damnit i'm not buying...though I didn't buy the first one either so no biggie.

less RPG elements and hack and slash? not bioware...

they need to get their shit back in order, backpedal like 7 years.

ahhh the wasteland
ScreenShot38.jpg

BOOM HEADSHOT
ScreenShot39.jpg

I'm getting close!
ScreenShot20.jpg

Almost....
ScreenShot37.jpg

You got to be fucking kidding me!
ScreenShot13.jpg

ScreenShot12.jpg

YAYAYAYAY NEW VEGAS!
ScreenShot22.jpg

ScreenShot21.jpg

ScreenShot32.jpg

ScreenShot48.jpg

My new girlfriend
ScreenShot36.jpg

I advise everyone not to get Fable 3.

-About 5 enemies and 5 weapon types in the whole game. Not even exaggerating.
-Being a king means nothing. Like, 5 choices to make.
-Story line is horrible.
-Every NPC looks like Elmer Fudd with down syndrome.
-Quest are almost always fetch and retrieve.
-Wtf short
-Lead revolution, final boss no one's heard of randomly shows up, game over
-Final boss has no motive whatsoever other than "Hurr durr I'm evil"
-No more getting bulky or tall
-Should you choose to go the good route, you will get punished everytime you turn around.

Oh, and my friend was doing a good run through on Fable 3. Minor Spoilers, but you shouldn't give a fuck.

If you choose to be ALL good, you will be the only person left alive after the end. I mean it. No NPCs.

damn fuck you guys, I can't wait until I update my computer. I'm thinking when I finish paying all the band expenses I'll buy a computer just for gaming so that it's super powerful and fast since I'm a dick when it comes to pc games (I always want to play them at max settings with no framerate drop or anything, what a realistic wish). I've been playing some older games on max settings (like half life 2) and it's ridiculously fun being able to play them lag free even if they're not the prettiest, I had to stop playing Fallout 3 because the performance issues I was having while running it at a good level was really bothering me and when I play through it plus new vegas and all the dlc I want it to be the best experience possible.

My brother is going to help me build it probably but how much do you guys think a computer would run me that will be able to play Deus Ex 3 on max settings with no performance drop? I'll be using it for just gaming so it won't get cluttered up with any other shit slowing it down and he'll be building it for me out of the parts (he's really good with that and has built me a computer before) but I'm looking to stay at $2,000 or less yet I want it to be able to play Deus Ex 3 max settings and some games to come after it. I'll probably be doing all this in 2 or 3 months so obviously technology drops in price and gets better but do you guys have any ideas? I looked at gaming pc's online and they got close to 3 or 4 k but then again they were already built so I know that adds some price onto it.

Sapphire PCIE-SP5850-1H3 Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 Video Card w 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E 2.0 x16 HDC - $254-$280

Intel Core i7 950 Intel Core i7 950 Quad-Core (4 x 3.06GHz) - $294

Asus Rampage Extreme III - $300

^bulky board, you don't have to get that one though. I like this one because you can overclock like crazy, and it has enough space for future upgrades.

Get the DDR3 RAM, the right power supply...the basics and your set. This will set you under 2k easy. A set-up like this will enable you to run just about anything and will last.

http://www.pricewatch.com/
http://www.ebay.com/

^ do some browsing on pricewatch.

I was looking to go a bit higher than that actually (hoping prices will drop by the time I build it). my pc now is:

Ati hd 4350 512 mb video card
4 gb ram
amd 2.4 ghz quad core

but I use this for everything and have had it for a while so its cluttered with school work, job stuff, e-books, music, movies, games, random programs etc.

I was thinking a 3.6 ghz processor, 2 gb video card and 4 gb ram (i hear going higher than that really doesn't do much). would something that high really set me back? and if it did would i at least be fucking set in terms of running everything for the next couple years on my exclusively gaming comp and using my other one for all my other shit? also stuff like overclocking doesn't apply to me; i don't know much about computers so basically i'd have my brother build it, set it up and then all i'd do is turn it on and play the games haha, anything more than that gets completely lost on me so i gotta keep it simple

yep that should do it, although if you use a Radeon be careful of games running Phys-x, with mafia 2 looking so pretty more games might start using it and the radeon's peformance with Phys-x is pretty awful, I was getting 10 FPS constant with mafia 2 till i did a bit of editing in the .ini files.