Gaming Thread

Love this game, although there needs to be more music. Kinda missing Three Dog; Wayne Newton just isn't doing it for me.

Haven't even made it to Vegas yet and I've been playing probably close to ten hours or so. Want to explore all I can.

Lots more action this time around, even if it's not quite as big as the capital wasteland. I really, really hate those flying wasps though.

Ok what the fucking motherfucking fuck?

So they decide to not let you continue after beating the game, just like the original Fallout 3...whatever. However, after ending the game, I have tons of XP and perks that I can't use anymore BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARRY OVER TO A SECOND PLAYTHROUGH LIKE MASS EFFECT DOES!!!!!

Is there a mod yet? Who's the moron developer who thought it wouldn't be a good idea to start over from the beginning with all perks intact and try and get new perks on a harder level?

Is there a mod yet? Who's the moron developer who thought it wouldn't be a good idea to start over from the beginning with all perks intact and try and get new perks on a harder level?
What's the fucking point? New Vegas is a stand-alone game. The point of playing is to watch the story unfold and see your character's place in it. Once the game's finished, the story is over. Time to go do something else.

I'm not talking about the ending, I'm talking about not being able to start all over with a new game but keep your weapons, mods, and perks.

Start Hardcore Mode :)

What's the big surprise at the end of the hardcore mode? I really don't wanna walk around dying of thirst and dehydration if all they give you is some shitty achievement.

I just beat it on Normal mode and now I'd like to take all my gear, skills, and perks and be able to start a new game on a harder difficulty because I really didn't get to use that .50 cal sniper rifle as much as I'd like. I don't feel like playing for 20 more hours just to get to a point where it's getting interesting with gear and perks and where my VATS start working well and then the game ends all over again.

It was a good idea in Mass Effect 2 and it would be a good idea in NV.

I'm not talking about the ending, I'm talking about not being able to start all over with a new game but keep your weapons, mods, and perks.
Why would you want to? You are completely missing the point.

Again, it's a role-playing game, it should be enjoyed for the story, once the story is done, IT'S OVER. You're supposed to get some kind of closure (or if you want to replay, build a new character) not an opportunity to be a munchkin with a hundred perks and a quadruple-modded Gatling Laser of Doom Hackmaster +12. If that's what you want, go play a mummorpuger.

So they decide to not let you continue after beating the game, just like the original Fallout 3...whatever. However, after ending the game, I have tons of XP and perks that I can't use anymore BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARRY OVER TO A SECOND PLAYTHROUGH LIKE MASS EFFECT DOES!!!!!

That's how its always been Chris. You play through the game and then you are left with the credits (expected to continue). If you were to continue to play the game with what you have, then you would blast through it. Yes I agree you work hard and spend many hours gaining your perks and skills, but at the end...well...its the end. Just because I unlocked the secret level on Super Mario World (specifically the forest level) doesn't mean that when I play through it again, I am able to go and gain a yoshi every time.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34811

Why would you want to? You are completely missing the point.

Again, it's a role-playing game, it should be enjoyed for the story, once the story is done, IT'S OVER. You're supposed to get some kind of closure (or if you want to replay, build a new character) not an opportunity to be a munchkin with a hundred perks and a quadruple-modded Gatling Laser of Doom Hackmaster +12. If that's what you want, go play a mummorpuger.

So you're saying Mass Effect 2 wasn't a good roleplaying game because it allowed you to start over with all your talents and gear? YOU'RE missing the point. At the end of ME2, there's an option to use your save game file to start a new storyline but keep all your stats and gear. Again, it's an OPTION, not mandatory.

I love a game with a story; in fact I hated beating it because I wanted to continue. However, I would've really enjoyed coming back to the very beginning and playing it on SUPER DUPER HARD with all my gear and perks that I have now, but that's obviously not gonna happen because devs have no regard for their player base. Not everyone is a purist, although I tend to lean that way. However, saying "it's supposed to be like that because it's an RPG" doesn't cut it. With that mentality, downloadable content shouldn't even be developed for the Fallout series because once the story's over, it's over.

That's how its always been Chris. You play through the game and then you are left with the credits (expected to continue). If you were to continue to play the game with what you have, then you would blast through it. Yes I agree you work hard and spend many hours gaining your perks and skills, but at the end...well...its the end. Just because I unlocked the secret level on Super Mario World (specifically the forest level) doesn't mean that when I play through it again, I am able to go and gain a yoshi every time.

Steve, that's not what I'm saying man. I would've liked to see something akin to ME2, where they allow you to start completely over from the beginning but keep your stuff. That way, you can really ramp up the difficulty so you don't just go through owning people while at the same time getting new perks and what not, yet it wouldn't be so frustrating it's unplayable.

The only way around this I can see would be to either use a trainer or use the console to give you all your stuff that you want, but that's never appealed to me. It's like god mode and I always have disliked being able to use god mode because it's just too tempting; I don't even want to know the console cheats.