Gaming Thread

I agree, 3 is better played after 4. You might as well get the best experience while your Atlus high is going strong.

Nocturne is going to scare you with its gr1m and frostbitten organs. Also Thor is such a badass in that game. Unlike Odin who looks stupid.

The black chick? She doesn't join you, sir.
Ah, too bad. Also, I think she's just supposed to be darker-skinned :D

Oh just a reminder, in 3 if you hook up with anybody and cheat on them they will find out and your social link gets reversed, then it's very hard to get back up.
Oh, I'm the faithful type ^_^

The way you feel here is the same way I feel when you cry about multi-posting.
There was a longer answer here originally, but forget it, you're just looking for a response and I won't give you the satisfaction.

And just so you know, I haven't complained about multi-posting in ages, whereas your complaining about my alleged complaining has only increased. Just thought I'd pass that little tidbit along.

Stormy, you should just start 4 then play 3. Then after 3 play Nocturne. AHHH I can't wait till that arrives.
I'm neurotic for playing games in order, plus 4 hasn't arrived yet, so I won't be able to play it even if I wanted to. And to be honest, I'm having a lot of fun with 3 too, and that's what's most important :)

I agree, 3 is better played after 4. You might as well get the best experience while your Atlus high is going strong.
Oh, even if I don't want more after completing 3, I'll just play different games until I feel like playing some more Atlus games. :)

Nocturne is going to scare you with its gr1m and frostbitten organs. Also Thor is such a badass in that game. Unlike Odin who looks stupid.
What's the deal with Nocturne, though? Is it the same as Lucifer's Call? Because in Europe, I can only find Lucifer's Call, but nothing simply called "Shin Megami Tensei Noturne".

Lucifers Call is Nocturne with the needed add ons. Should be all you need.

I really think you should start with 4 though, man. It's a good notch better than 3. :/

I maxed out the Justice Arcana. One down :)
Ah yes, the Justice Social Link was apparently one I'd missed on my first game. I hate the shit out of permanently-missable things in games.

Lucifers Call is Nocturne with the needed add ons. Should be all you need.
Excellent.

I really think you should start with 4 though, man. It's a good notch better than 3. :/
Good, so I can enjoy 3 and look forward to an even better experience with 4 ^_^

Also, an interesting opinion from another forum:

Anyone who thinks Digital Devil Saga is not worth bothering with is an idiot and shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion
Rebuttal, gentlemen?

Yes. Here is my rebuttal.

Digital Devil Saga is like the Final Fantasy of Atlus games except the characters are static, unlikable and the combat system is trite. The world is excellent, I'll give it that. I'm a fan of the steam punk setting. But the writing isn't. Oh no, a rival character I just met literally an hour ago WHEN I STARTED THE GAME died. Why should I care? Meanwhile Argilla is crying her eyes out over some bitch she met ONCE. None of the characters get you emotionally attached. In fact, most of them either have no personality, or the most generic mundane personalities known to man kind. "ME HOT HEADED BRUTE. ME LIKE FIGHTING THINGS." When I played DDS, I felt right away like Atlus was telling me "Here are these characters, and heres why you should care", instead of giving me a REASON or TIME to care about these awful characters.

Gameplay consist of dungeon crawl, cut scene, dungeon crawl, cut scene. I don't play RPG's to have my hand held. If you like a game that lays every single aspect of your experience and your path out in stone, there's better still RPG's to play. Not to mention the game is easy as hell. (aside from the secret boss fight with the Nocturne character) The karma terminals are the stupidest idea ever. Why should I have to go run and find a terminal every time I max a mantra so the experience a character gets isn't useless?

And customization is a joke. You're basically going to have a generic attacker, magic user, healer, or one character who is balanced in two. Don't get me started on the storyline. It seemed very promising but it's execution was so bad I won't even bother with it. Part 2 was even worse, and I didn't think that would be possible.

And anyone who calls anyone an "idiot" because they disagree with their opinion needs to be smacked off that high horse and accept the fact that people have different taste. Grow up.

SMT series is amazing, check out devil summoner it is one of my fave ones (on ps2)
devil-summoner-game2.jpg

Oh it is defiantly worth it :) if you liked two then you will most likely like one as well.

have you played digital devil saga? that is another good one to play.

Day Eight!

THE TOTAL SCORE after day seven.

1.CptJoker (TESF) – 48

2. Xetirox (TESF) – 44

3. Silverbolt (SL) – 43

4. Zeno (BSGFn) – 42

5. WanderingRogue (TESF) – 41

6. Cecilff2 (TESF) – 40

7. Wolf101(TESF) – 35

8. Qawsed Asap (TESF) – 27

9. Anvil (NM) – 26

10 and following...
Alecto (TESF) – 25
Metrophor (TESF) – 23
Aianna (TESF) – 23
Cliffworms (TESF) – 22
Nami88 (TESF) – 22
Ewoklord (TESF) – 22
Lemunde (TESF) – 21
yiasemi (BGSFn) – 20
Mana_Garmr (TESF) – 17
Det Som Engang Var (NM) – 17
Liverslapper (NM) – 16
Spork The Slightly Insane (TESF) – 16
Rhekarid (TESF) – 15
SpankyTheElf (TESF) – 15
Knight crusader (TESF) – 15
povuholo (TESF) – 13
Northwind Fusilier (TESF) – 13
Lord Foul (NM) – 11
Webster52402 (TESF) – 11
Frozenaffairs (TESF) – 9
AMP (TESF) – 8
Septiego (TESF) – 8
Defaulted (TESF) – 6
titan357 (TESF) – 6
Venq (TESF) – 6
Nuck (TESF) – 6
FateOrFatality (TESF) – 6
vtastek (TESF) – 6
Teferi (TESF) – 6
BigBoss (TESF) – 6
BoonProtR3 (TESF) – 6
archer_ki (TESF) – 5
Kothre (TESF) – 5
Wasp (TESF) – 5
Rumblyguts (TESF) – 5
Valdo' (TESF) – 5
Karmic (NM) – 4
Alaisiagae (TESF) – 4
Miles_Acraeus (TESF) – 4
Suffca (TESF) – 3
Soulwithlife (TESF) – 2
neal (NM) – 2
RoflLizard (TESF) – 2
ghoulsrpeople2 (TESF) – 1
Ayumifan (TESF) – 1
Ragnalin The Thief (TESF) 1
the fishy wanderer (TESF) – 1

DAY EIGHT – GOOGLE THIS!

This round is simple – name the source (it's not always a specific game), 1 point per answer!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8BHxEnbAJY]Play dat funky music![/ame]

Also, since I am a total bastard, many of those are actually remixes. Muhaha!

I don't recognize any of those. :/

My internet is gonna be out for a bit guys, had to choose between that and the phone bill. Facebook me if you need me.

Steve-Devil Survivor on the DS is also really good, with a soundtrack that's nothing short of amazing. The other Atlus DS game is pretty bad, though.