Gaming Thread

That was a great feeling, kind of like in Ocarina of Time when you got out to the field.

I hope this game is NOT massive, though. Oblivion was empty. There was no unique armor or weapons in the caves that looked like every other cave. I'd rather it be down to Morrowind size and more detailed with hand placed items this time.

Yeah when I first saw the field in ocarina of time I was thinking WHOA HOW CAN THEY MAKE SUCH A HUGE OPEN FREE SPACE IN A GAME? I CAN GO ANYWHERE!!!111 but now in games like fallout 3 that makes ocarina of time look tiny haha.

I liked the map but yeah I can agree that there were some places I didn't even explore because they were just too far, I ended up mostly doing fast travel and occasionally venturing out into the wilderness. It was cool though how you had to make a huge trek and fight tons of enemies sometimes to get to the next place. In Fallout 3 I haven't even searched half the map yet.

For me it goes back to level scaling, though. In Fallout you have a reason to explore the map, because Death Claws can you fuck you up until you reach high levels. In Oblivion there was no incentive to explore, whatsoever. You wouldn't find any unique armor or weapons, everything you find could be found in the main quest or the guilds. You don't need to level up since everything level scales with you and you can beat the game at level one. So there was really no point in adventuring.

Maybe Bethesda will put in the "Radiant AI" that was supposed to be in Oblivion in this new game. Oblivion's AI was supposed to do really amazing things before they had to scrap it to meet the dead line.

DAY 10 – ALL ROUNDS REVISITED

1.Trivia questions: What is the name of the main character in Beyond Good & Evil?
- That would be the adorable Jade. Easy one, that.

2.Quotes: “Given the choice, between ruling a corrupt and failing Empire, or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny... What was a King to do?”
- Opening quote of Legacy of Kain: Defiance

3.Who am I?: I don't have much of a body left, but even now I can enrage foes with a choice selection of jaw clicks and eye rolls. And I love to spend time in a coffin with hot zombie chicks.
- Another easy one, Morte Rictusgrin from Planescape: Torment

4.Hope you know your memes: “My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard, and they're like ... ?”
- “Do you wanna trade cards?” (“Damn right, I wanna trade cards, Imma trade you, but not my Charizard!”)

5.Fun with lists: Which does not belong: King Kong – House of the Dead – James Cameron's Avatar – The Chronicles of Riddick – E.T. – 007 Goldeneye
- All of these were film franchises later turned into games, except House of the Dead, that was the other way around, a game turned into a film by the despicable Uwe Böll.

6.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kngT3IW9VuU]Annoying people and sounds[/ame]
- Link, your health is low. With this subtle signal, I'd like to make you aware of this factuality.

7.Complete the rows: Humility – Compassion – Sacrifice – Honesty – Honor – Valor – Spirituality – ...
- Justice, the eighth virtue of the Ultima games.

8.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rDb6nVkkcY]Play dat funky music![/ame]
- Super Metroid: Brinstar

9.BOOM SCREENSHOT!
- The free and quite fun game Alien Swarm

10.Multiple choice question – you lose a point if you answer wrong! – If in a multiplayer game, one character repeatedly kills another, much weaker, character that cannot defend himself, what is that called? Pick the most specific answer!

- Griefing
- Gaming
- Ganking
- Grinding
- Grueling
- Googling

- It was ganking. Griefing is any act or behaviour deliberately meant to disrupt gameplay or to cayse anger, frustration or annoyance in other players. Ganking is a form of this – it specifically means ganging up on someone or attacking them with a far more powerful character for the purpose of killing them over and over.

We have a winner, ladies and gentlemen! Congrats to CptJoker, and to Zeno and Cecilff2 for their 2 and 3 spots, and to everyone for playing along and having fun! Thanks all, I'll probably do another quiz next time, but no more gaming, probably general knowledge type questions or summat, since even my gaming knowledge can't last forever! :D

Hope you all had fun!

THIS ROUND'S TOP SCORERS

CptJoker – 8
Xetirox – 8
Zeno – 8
Mana_Garmr – 6

THE FINAL SCORE

1. CptJoker (TESF) – 70

2. Zeno (BSGFn) – 59

3. Cecilff2 (TESF) – 56

4. Xetirox (TESF) – 49
-. WanderingRogue (TESF) – 49

6. Silverbolt (SL) – 43

7. Qawsed Asap (TESF) – 41

8. Wolf101(TESF) – 39

9. Cliffworms (TESF) – 33
Ewoklord (TESF) – 33

11 and following...
Lemunde (TESF) – 32
Alecto (TESF) – 31
Aianna (TESF) – 31
Rhekarid (TESF) – 30
Anvil (NM) – 26
Mana_Garmr (TESF) – 24
Metrophor (TESF) – 23
Nami88 (TESF) – 22
yiasemi (BGSFn) – 22
Liverslapper (NM) – 20
Spork The Slightly Insane (TESF) – 19
Det Som Engang Var (NM) – 18
Knight crusader (TESF) – 17
Webster52402 (TESF) – 16
SpankyTheElf (TESF) – 15
povuholo (TESF) – 13
Northwind Fusilier (TESF) – 13
vtastek (TESF) – 13
Frozenaffairs (TESF) – 12
Lord Foul (NM) – 11
Valdo' (TESF) – 10
Septiego (TESF) – 10
AMP (TESF) – 9
Suffca (TESF) – 11
BoonProtR3 (TESF) – 8
BigBoss (TESF) – 8
Teferi (TESF) – 7
Rumblyguts (TESF) – 7
Defaulted (TESF) – 6
titan357 (TESF) – 6
Venq (TESF) – 6
Nuck (TESF) – 6
FateOrFatality (TESF) – 6
archer_ki (TESF) – 5
Kothre (TESF) – 5
Wasp (TESF) – 5
Mobius1 (TESF) – 5
D-11 (TESF) – 5
daerdevil (TESF) – 4
Karmic (NM) – 4
Alaisiagae (TESF) – 4
Miles_Acraeus (TESF) – 4
Ayumifan (TESF) – 4
Soulwithlife (TESF) – 2
neal (NM) – 2
RoflLizard (TESF) – 2
ghoulsrpeople2 (TESF) – 1
Ragnalin The Thief (TESF) 1
the fishy wanderer (TESF) – 1

What do you think the options will be for party members? A return of Liara Kaiden/Ashley? It seems pretty unreasonable for any of the ME2 members to be usable again. Hmm...

can u play mass effect 2 and enjoy it without having played me 1? i didnt like me 1 so i stopped playing it. but i am curious to see what all the hype is about with me 2. ign just rated it the number 1 xbox360 game of all time. that cant be right.

You certainly can. And I can easily see how you might dislike 1 but enjoy the hell out of 2. There will be a lot of events that don't make sense but overall it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I actually liked every single party member in 2, which is really saying something.

I didn't like the whole ammo thing in part 2, along with the boring-as-shit mineral gathering on planets. Other than that, ME2 was a fantastic game.

I didn't like the whole ammo thing in part 2, along with the boring-as-shit mineral gathering on planets. Other than that, ME2 was a fantastic game.
Mineral gathering in ME1 was even less fun.

What do you think the options will be for party members? A return of Liara Kaiden/Ashley? It seems pretty unreasonable for any of the ME2 members to be usable again. Hmm...
I think it's safe to assume that Liara, Kaidan or Ashley will be making their return - BioWare have stated that cheating on your ME1 romance in ME2 will have serious repercussions. That probably means a lot of intra-party conflict.

Mineral gathering in ME1 was even less fun.

Yeah I really didn't mind it in ME2 until it got to the point where I was having to spend a lotttt of time doing it to get certain upgrades, that got a little bit boring.

ME2 is so different from the first honestly i think anyone can enjoy it. It's wayyy more action oriented and almost like a shooter with the good qualities like story and effects of actions from RPGs; when I first played it and the shooting sections started I was thinking what the shit is going on but now I can't imagine it any other way.

Also yeah I think you kinda have to be a dick to like Garrus but he is awesome; it'd be cool if Kaiden came back as a squad member for ME3 and I also think thats likely, I haven't been this pumped for a game in a long time and I'm realllyyy hoping my save transfers over (I lost only Jack and Legion but I don't care because I hated Jack and Legion was just alright, having to replay it to save just them would suck anus).