Gaming Thread

It's not about the pulling, it's just lame that without my own consent, I was suddenly in an exclusive relationship with a snotty cry-baby. :(

Also, Marin Karin, Hama and Mudo are god damn cheap tactics, especially when the game ends if the main character falls. In the first instance, you can't command your character and since allies act on their own, you just have to sit around hoping you won't die (and you often do while your character kills his friends), in the latter case, instant game over with a single die roll? That's god damn retarded. The main character should be immune to skills like those, OR you should get control over the other characters.

In Persona 4, allies are controlled by you. If you play easy mode you get 10 auto pick me ups when you die. Also, there are personas you can equip that will nullify death spells.

You can't control your allies in Persona 3? What kind of shit is that?

Also don't play on Easy. Its just as Easy on Normal. I honestly don't think its as hard as you say it is John.

Also don't play on Easy. Its just as Easy on Normal. I honestly don't think its as hard as you say it is John.

Again, I'm saying Nocturne is hard on normal not Persona.

And I actually preferred not being able to control my allies in 3. The AI was pretty good. I died 6 or 7 times in 4, and not once in 3.

In Persona 4, allies are controlled by you. If you play easy mode you get 10 auto pick me ups when you die. Also, there are personas you can equip that will nullify death spells.
I know, and I know. But only kids play easy modo and you can't always equip a persona that makes you immune to instant death, especially if you get surprise-Marin Karin'd after your ally knocks a downed enemy back on its feet.

Nope, can't control your allies, just yourself. You can set general tactics for them, but those revert after the battle (so if you get jumped by an enemy, everyone will be stuck in "act freely" mode, taking hits and doing stupid things until your character gets his turn.

And I actually preferred not being able to control my allies in 3. The AI was pretty good. I died 6 or 7 times in 4, and not once in 3.
I never said it was hard, I said it was cheap. and you didn't die once in P3? Come now, a single Hama or Mudo and you're toast, don't tell e that didn't happen to you. I died a few times, and it was always to cheap-ass tactics like Hama or Mudo, or main character Marin Karin.

Nope, can't control your allies, just yourself. You can set general tactics for them, but those revert after the battle (so if you get jumped by an enemy, everyone will be stuck in "act freely" mode, taking hits and doing stupid things until your character gets his turn.

PSP re-release changes things to the better P4 system of allowing character control. Which is so much better against certain bosses... And by certain bosses I mean fucking Sleeping Table.

Intrepid Knight is beating the shit out of me right now. Again, Hama skills are gay, and what the Hell, isn't that arsehole weak against ANYTHING?

Not weak against anything. But if you fuse yourself up a fortuna (wind resistant, forgot which personas are needed, but I recall them being common as fuck) and make sure one of your partners has media? Battle is easy as fuck.

Always have Media on a character. One of the most important spells early game until you upgrade them.

I normally have my healer use fire spells, then one character use ice and the other wind. I have single personas that have electricity and light spells w/ buffs so I am pretty much covered.

Right now I am focusing on building up my social links. I beat this last dungeon early so I can focus on them.

Almost level 60! >_<

Believe it or not, I was lucky enough not go get an instant death in 3.

Also, difficulty is kind of subjective here. I didn't grind in Atlus games, anything is easy enough if you grind. Nocturne would still be difficult grind or not, though. Should you choose to do the Amala Network through out the game. If you choose one of the original endings it won't be that hard at all.

I'm not sure what level you are at now, but you should be able to create Legion to help with any dark abilities you might want to use or encounter (depending on your S. Link Status). I never really had problems with enemies that use Light and Dark spells because I increased my Light & Dark S. Links early. Get that Justice Link up!

I just realized something talking to Steve, a lot of these characters are carbon copies of characters from the anime Azumanga Daiho.

The teacher in 3 looks EXACTLY like Kimura-San, Nanako from 4 looks exactly like Chiyo-Chan, and Yukiko looks just like another character from the anime.

I know anime characters tend to look alike but look it up, they're strikingly close both appearance and personality wise.

Use repel light or dark?
Yes, yes, but the enemy often times its Hama or Mudo attacks just as you switch Personae to heal or exploit weakness.

I'm not sure what level you are at now, but you should be able to create Legion to help with any dark abilities you might want to use or encounter (depending on your S. Link Status). I never really had problems with enemies that use Light and Dark spells because I increased my Light & Dark S. Links early. Get that Justice Link up!
Justice link is at 6 or somthing right now, so I am focusing on those, but still, like I said, all the Light/Dark invulnerabilities are worthless if the enemy Hama's or Mudo's you when you switch Personae.

I know anime characters tend to look alike but look it up, they're strikingly close both appearance and personality wise.
I'm pretty convinced that there's only about 20 types of anime characters and they get constantly reycled.

Wrong. You have seen the wrong anime.

Kaiji, Death Note, Welcome to NHK, which is about a man with social anxiety. Monster, the story of a Japanese doctor in Germany who becomes a murder suspect.