Gaming Thread

I really want to play Morrow Wind but I think I won't be able to get into it. All the dialogue is written, right? It just makes the game play seem so....antiquated; especially after voice acting in Oblivion and Mass Effect...it's like I'm playing a Nintendo game or something. But I know the game us supposed to be unbelievable.

I still consider Morrowind to be the weakest games in the Elder Scrolls series. Daggerfall is still the best for me. As for Morrowind, in my opinion, it's truly a game you had to experience during its time to enjoy. Now it just looks drab, boring and dull, and the gameplay itself is slow, clunky and unexciting.

Please, I've put 1000+ hours in both games. Morrowind had way more quest, different ways to solve quest, longer quest, better quest, more factions. Oblivion was one big game filled with nothing. No armor, nothing in the dungeons which all looked the same, too god damn easy. Everything was randomly generated instead of hand placed which was fucking lazy. Every Aylied Ruin was the same. Every cavern was the same. And unlike Morrowind, there were no unique items to be found.

Level scaling meant you could beat Oblivion with a blind fold on. To prove a point, I beat the mainquest at level 3 with the difficulty up. Try beating Morrowind without putting in a hundred hours of preparation. Red Mountain will destroy you. Where as any idiot can go in an Oblivion gate and derp his way right through because the enemies are scaled to his sorry ass level.

I'm sorry, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But The fact is that Morrowind had more depth than Oblivion could ever hope for. That is not my opinion. It's a fact. Morrowind has more depth than Oblivion. Fact. More lore, more skills, more quest, more books, more story, more history, more unique characters, more religions, more options, more to explore, reason to explore, more armor, more weapons, more choices.

Hell, you can't even do everything on one character in Morrowind. There's so many rival factions your choices in one could leave you hated by another, plus you can only join one of the three great houses.

Where in Oblivion, you can complete every single guild with any type of character. Ridiculous. You can become Arch Mage without ever casting a spell. Become Fighters Guild Master without ever raising a weapon. How stupid.

Casual gamers are ruining RPGs, and Oblivion was made for the casual gamer. Oblivion is for people who want to play a game. Morrowind is for people who want to live in their game.

And with Bioware releasing these hand holding (though amazing) watered down "RPGs", I'm expecting Skyrim to be like Fallout 3, which was basically a fucking shooter.

Then why was it boring? just sayin

also I made steam my bitch today I bought deus Ex bundle, FEAR bundle, super meat boy (which I will probably get a controller for) and re-bought BFBC2 and if none of my friend wan't it I might send the CD key to the original retail copy I bought to someone on here if they are interested, I don't really need it anymore.

Will probably get prince of persia but i might just wait till tomorrow to see what else they got.

Please, I've put 1000+ hours in both games. Morrowind had way more quest, different ways to solve quest, longer quest, better quest, more factions.
more pointless walking, more pointless wikipedia-style dialogue, more pointless cliff racer fights, more generic useless NPCs, more FedEx quests...

You're viewing Morrowind through nostalgia goggles, same way I probably view Daggerfall.

I couldnt even get through Oblivion. Sometimes a game just has too much. I think FO3 is a good example of a long game that has just enough. 50-60 hours gameplay is great. Dragon Age is pretty good that way too. But maybe thats just my ADD talking.

yes...lol...if you look at my steam I have not played 90% of my games ...:/
I have an issue lol

Trust me man, I take nostalgia into account with everything. I truly believe Morrowind is superior to Oblivion with every ounce of my being. I'm still playing Morrowind to this day. I tried to replay Oblivion and got bored to death.

I really preferred the Wikipedia style dialogue system, because you could have such long, interesting conversations with characters like Divayth Fyr and Vivec. Oblivion might as well have had no dialogue it was so short and un-unique. Every character said the same things, few of them had unique backgrounds.

Shivering Isles was amazing, though. I might prefer that to Morrowind had it been longer. Best traditional fantasy setting ever.

Yes, well, I'm definitely not going to say Oblivion was a better game than Morrowind, but Daggerfall sure as Hell was! :D

Also, I'm near the end of June in Persona and Fuuka just took over from Mitsuru as analyzer/commenter, and she has the worst voice acting in the entire game. I mean Mitsuru was bossy and snooty, but at least her VA was done well, but now, SHUT THE FUUKA UP!

Good point.

My team was Yukari, Junpei, and Akihiko until the very last part of the game I decided to switch Akihiko for Mistura, which was a mistake.

You know that "bro" bond you have with Junpei? There's a bro just like him in 4 that's equally lovable. His name is Yosuke but they nick name him "Brosuke".

Oh, by the way, I forgot the dogs name but when it joins your party, I wouldn't waste time social linking with it. There are some humourous scenes of people you know running into you when you walk him, and one particularly funny scene with him at the movies, but overall he just finds items or runs around the park and there is no social link to build.

My favorite social link in 3 had to be the old Monk at the Nightclub, or the devil businessman social link (which you can only unlock by playing that MMORPG which is a social link in itself) Still nothing compared to the social links in 4 which completly melted my heart and made me emphasize with characters like I never thought possible.

Guys, I'm sorry I type such long messages on here. I'm very enthusiastic about RPGs and you are all awesome, so it feels good to be able to talk about them in this environment.