-
-

-
-
-
-
-
Confirmed Features:

-2-handed weapons and duel wielding confirmed.

-A variation of level scaling.

-18 skills.

-Perk picking at every level-up

-Finishing moves, unique to each weapon and enemy you fight.

-Dynamic Shadows

-Kids

-Overhauled Combat-system Example :(Dual wielding spells, able to pick diffrent spells for each hand, or put the same in both for a more powerful effect.)

Radiant story

-5 Major Cities

-Improved Faces/Improved Models Example: Faces have been dramatically overhauled. Characters now exhibit more emotion show of distinctions between different races and just plain looks better.

-Radiant AI

-Updated Engine Snow falls dynamically (not as a basic texture on the ground)
Trees and branches move independently with the wind
Water flows and huge draw distances !

-The Hero has a mentor: His name is Esbern and Voiced by Mark Von Sydow (Surviving Blade)

-The game takes place 2 centuries after Oblivion

-Initiating a conversation between a NPC no longer zooms: Quote (Conversations aren't done in a zoomed in static shot anymore. Start a conversation with some and they will act like someone would in real life, looking at you occasionally and walking around a bit and also continue doing a task if they were doing one while talking.)

-Sprint is added !

-Randomly generated quests.

-Beards

- Dialog will pop up when you approach an enemy

- You can't run backwards as fast as you do forward.

- 10 races to choose from

- confirmed creatures: zombies, skeletons, trolls, giants, ice wraiths, giant spiders, dragons, wolves, horses Elk, mammoth, saber-toothed cats

- presumeably open cities (as dragons can attack)

- cooking/farming/mining/woodcutting/blacksmithing

-Hud-free first-person view and improved third-person perspective

-5 Magic Schools Destruction Alteration Conjuration Restoration Illusion. (Alchemy Enchant (now added) are not magic schools (?) )

-very unique landscapes! Also unique dungeons! In other words, lots of uniqueness!

-Character creation improved, body features customizable

-Radiant story

AI- The AI for Skyrim is a vast improvement over that of Oblivion. The AI will now react to you killing people. If you kill a shopkeeper they will react in a proper way to it. Also it is said that if you drop a sword on the ground near NPCs they will react to that as well, such as a child might try to give you the sword back or two men will fight over it. If anyone has any additional information to add to this please post below.

Environment- The environment is that of a mountainous range area close to that of Alaska. This area is also said to be inhabited by the usual wolves and other creatures but also trolls, Sabertoothed tigers and Mammoths. Also there will be giant spider(s) in Skyrim as well. The draw distances have been greatly increased allowing for little to no grid pattern or low resolution distance land. Also it has been stated that wherever you can see you can go in Skyrim.

Plot- The plot is that you are possibly the last Dragonborn, a group characterized by their ability to hunt dragons. The Septim line was a prominent Dragonborn line protected by the Dragonguards which eventually became the blades. After the death of the Septim line, the Blades were hunted down and killed one by one and now are almost completely gone. The return of the dragons was foretold in the Elder Scrolls and was ushered in by the destruction of the Staff of Chaos, the creation of the Numidium, the events at Red Mountain and the Oblivion Crisis. The last event to unfold before the dragons return was the people of Skyrim turning against each other which is happening at the beginning of the game. Dragons start to appear in greater and greater numbers as the game goes on and will eventually culminate with Alduin possibly coming into the world, but we have no idea yet.

Graphics- Skyrim features True shadows, more realistic faces on NPCs and more distinction between the races. The normal creatures that you are used to have been updated graphically and look much more appealing (especially Trolls). There will be HDR and many other environmental effects that are at the cutting edge of gaming now and including greatly updated water effects.

Creatures- So far it has been shown that we will have wolves, trolls, giant spiders and of course dragons. There is also talk of Saber-toothed tigers, Mammoths, Werewolves and giants. The most shocking creature of all is monstrous and unimaginable....Children!

New leveling system and Stat system- You no longer choose between Major and Minor skills anymore. Now there are 18 skills you can choose to level from but you now level from skill in a different way. You no move along to another level by leveling skills like before but the lower the level the less it attributes to the leveling process, for example, by leveling your Destruction from 9-10, it will give less to leveling than say leveling Destruction from 30-31. I will update this section when I get the names of the 18 skills if they are all revealed and if not I will list the ones that are revealed so far.

Information that may need a source- There are talks of creature level scaling still in Skyrim but we will not know how well they will scale with the new leveling system. There are talks of becoming a werewolf and also becoming a vampire is a very likely thing but it has not been confirmed. I have also yet to confirm that there will be essential NPCs but I'm fairly certain there are though I think they will handle them better on the second go around. It also seems that the HUD may be completely absent while in first-person mode.

sounds good only problem will be running this on my computer, the high resolution LOD and shaders will make my computer explode lol

unless they vastly improve the rendering over oblivion cause my computer still goes kinda slow in full with oblivion.

i will definitely be getting that, after i've overhauled every aspect of my computer haha. damn that looks like it'll be ridiculous to run but oh so sweet if they can actually deliver on all those ideas.

Ready for the best piece of info yet, guys?

That horrible Oblivion style level scaling is gone, instead there will be something similar to Fallout 3. This alone ensures this game will be better than Oblivion.

sounds good only problem will be running this on my computer, the high resolution LOD and shaders will make my computer explode lol

unless they vastly improve the rendering over oblivion cause my computer still goes kinda slow in full with oblivion.

They ditched the Gamebryo engine for a new in house engine, no telling.

There's still level scaling, it just works more in a fallout 3 manner where there are some set hard as fuck things, while the main quest shit kinda gets a bump each level... which is a bit better.

I'm just hoping they get fix psychic guards... and fucking facial animations.

And ladders.

And factions.

Thanks for the heads up, checking that out now.

I'm excited that one of the reviews I read that this was going to be "a lot darker" than the first one. Does anyone know if prestige classes are still in, if so which ones?

so since everyone is totally slobbing dragon age 2's knob i've been wondering about the first one; i never played it but i like bioware, should i check dragon age out? i don't like really "rpg" rpg's, I like the ones like mass effect, fallout 3; basically ones where it has a bunch of rpg elements but you don't do stuff like link together attacks with random clicks and then have dice rolling going on in terms of hit or miss etc. thats one thing i didn't like about morrowind back when i played it but then oblivion was kick ass. should i just wait until da2 cuz the first one is really rpg'ish? i've got a ton of games to hold me over but i loved kotor (except for how you'd press attack and then it'd just do a motion and you either hit or missed and then you had to do it again and it ended up just being mashing buttons to swing your lightsaber and do force stuff instead of real time ass whoopin), mass effect and fallout 3 (i know not by bioware but same deal).

And by a bit he means a lot. Strategy is the difference between life or death in DA. In KotOR, you could usually just attack head-on and let your allies auto-attack, but not so in Dragon Age. Enemies often outnumber and even outgun you, and if you don't have a good strategy, you're toast.

ok sorry not for me then haha, let me know if the sequel is stripped down to basic action combat and ass stompin with rpg elements cuz i'll be down for that. i just could never stand strategy games; when they came out with games like deus ex, kotor, mass effect, fallout 3 i was pumped because its the action game style but with more depth in terms of leveling, what you do etc instead of just running into a room with a machine gun and blowing peoples tits off.