Gaming Thread

that is fucking AWESOME.

that reminds me, i can't wait for duke nukem forever. also what would be really cool is if they remade duke nukem but with modern graphics, physics, a couple new levels etc but kept the same levels and format from before. an updating but with the same ideas and levels would be fucking awesome (or a mod team could do it, either one works). game is fucking brilliant.

So Eve just got the new character creator with the latest patch, and there are some hilarious new avatars. Walking in stations in the summer! Yay!

That Duke Nukem pinball is hilarious! I don't think I've ever seen worse physics though :lol:

Steve! Come on man! If you do, join my corporation...we've got a pretty awesome alliance and kick ass regularly in low sec.

The improvements to this game have been vast. And I was serious about walking in stations in summer; Incarna is their next expansion, due out summer this year.

That would be fucking tits if you came back on and we could play together. Hurry up and do it!

Cut them some slack, the game is over twelve years old :D

Uh, who cares? Littlewing Pinball released Tristan in 1991... It was far superior to this game and older! :p

*edit*

Can't forget about the Pinball Construction Set for Apple ][ (1983) which also had superior physics :lol:

Steve! Come on man! If you do, join my corporation...we've got a pretty awesome alliance and kick ass regularly in low sec.

The improvements to this game have been vast. And I was serious about walking in stations in summer; Incarna is their next expansion, due out summer this year.

That would be fucking tits if you came back on and we could play together. Hurry up and do it!

I'm not sure about the alliance thing. My uncle is part of the Goon Squad, and I do post in the somethingawful forums. He told me he could try to get me into the squad (and as you know, the goon squad controls most of the galaxy).

So i don't know yet :p

I'm going to pick up my copy tonight.

I'm not sure about the alliance thing. My uncle is part of the Goon Squad, and I do post in the somethingawful forums. He told me he could try to get me into the squad (and as you know, the goon squad controls most of the galaxy).

So i don't know yet :p

I'm going to pick up my copy tonight.

Ehhhh, the Goons aren't what they used to be. They're still bloody dangerous, but mainly because they just suicide gank everyone. IT Alliance and Northern Coalition are the controllers of the galaxies.

ME2 ruled

I agree. It was the best the third person shooter ever made. My point is, Dragon Age 2 is likely to be toned down in the RPG department making it more of an action/adventure game, regardless of whether it's being played in real time or not.

We already know there's no character creation, companion armor can't be changed, companions can't pick a second sub-class, I heard a lot of sub classes were out, the ability options look smaller (I think), the mainquest is half as long as Origins, the signs are all there.

That combined with Knights of The Old Republic turning into an MMO, it's obvious Bioware are money hungry whores by now and are pulling a Metallica on their core fans.

Honestly I like the more action oriented style. As long as they keep rpg elements and keep innovating I'm totally fine; deus ex is by far one of my favorite shooters because of the fact that it goes so far beyond an fps and me1 and 2 both are in my top games (even despite the large playability difference in terms of how the action works).

Honestly I'm not a fan of pausing to set shit up or doing tons of strategy (even starcraft 2 bored me after a while when i used to love those games) so just having the elements with the action is badass enough for me. If they keep up pushing the envelope with story, environment, atmosphere, new gameplay mechanics etc then I'll be a happy dude although the fact that the next KOTOR is mmorpg pisses me the fuck off. Having a Kotor game but with the me3 engine and a style like that would be soooo fucking amazing I can hardly comprehend it. That better be what they do next because with their skills at creating universes that'd be one of my favorite games ever (especially lightsaber combat if it were more controlable fuckyeahhhhh)

i just can't believe bioware is giving into modern shit like that, make an established traditional RPG game like DA:O then make a shittier one with only a story and strip out all the RPG elements that made it dragon age in the first place and people will buy it because the first one was good...it's retarded. was the same with ME2 to a lesser extent, wan't really shitty but it was pretty boring.