Gaming Thread

I had to create a new account. My old one was locked up and i didn't feel like dealing with customer support about it. Also im doing all the training careers anyway. I finished the exploration and im almost done with military. Ill do the others then start flying around. You get some cool goodies from the training career missions. Its best that i get prepared fir anything. I need all the expertise I can learn.

That's good thinking. Yeah, it takes a few hours to complete the tutorial, but you'll be glad you did. Also, ask plenty of questions because there is a lot to learn...the learning curve is more like a fjord.

We and our sister corporation run wormholes just about every day...I can put you in touch with one of my guys who does it often. I think they're stuck in one right now, actually...it collapsed on them and now they have to find a way back. :lol: You can make tons of money doing wormholes, but you need to have your skills up.

Easiest way to make money is high level missions, but that's gonna take a while for you to get there. Don't worry, I'll help you. Go ahead and start getting your Ammatar standing up since we're in Ammatar space. Mining is cool in the higher levels and with big mining ops, but it's like stabbing your eyes out if you do it by yourself. Can't wait, man! It'll be nice to have you in our corp; we're pretty small but our alliance is formidable. 10% taxes, though...any missions or bounties you are awarded, 10% goes to the corp wallet. Don't worry, it'll all come back to you in the end. It's all for keeping up POSs and manufacturing fleets, modules, etc.

John, when you make yer character, get with Steve and you guys can sorta do the intro together...it's much faster that way. If you still wanna play after two weeks, go ahead and apply to my corporation and I'll hook you up and get you started on the right path. We've got skill books for people who need them, as in the beginning that's gonna be your big asspain.

Anyone who says fuck MMO's never played Everquest for the PS2. Best game ever. (Much better than both PC versions)

The Class Mastery system was what made it so boss. You could divert any amount of XP to CM's, which could do things like add strength, get a new ability, damageshield. Some based on class, some race, some in general. The result was, you could have a level 30 that mops the floor with a level 40. The ability to customize your character was unrivaled by any game I ever played.

And there was a class branching system, which every game involving classes should have. (Warriors could turn into Berserkers or Guardians, etc)

God, I miss that game. Then that stupid World of Casualcraft came and ruined everything.

I really like Eve's way of doing things, with their skill leveling over time. You don't have to grind until you go blind like other MMOs. There are no levels, only skills (well, the skills have levels, but there are no character levels), and you just put a skill in a queue and wait for it to level up. They used to have learning skills to boost your learning time along with implants, but they did away with them and gave everyone back all the points they put into them to distribute how they wanted. I hated learning skills. You didn't have to have them, but you'd have to level them for like a week if you wanted to significantly improve skill training time. Fortunately they did away with them and now it's just implants that boost your skill level speed. Also, they level while you're offline as well so you can stop playing for like a week if you're busy with work or go on vacation, and when you come back you've got lots of new skills.

Yes, Max, that means that if you had 2,000,000 points in Learning skills when you unsubbed, if you come back you'll have a 2,000,000 point credit to put wherever you want. Can you say, "Proteus"?

Anyone who says fuck MMO's never played Everquest for the PS2. Best game ever. (Much better than both PC versions)

The Class Mastery system was what made it so boss. You could divert any amount of XP to CM's, which could do things like add strength, get a new ability, damageshield. Some based on class, some race, some in general. The result was, you could have a level 30 that mops the floor with a level 40. The ability to customize your character was unrivaled by any game I ever played.

And there was a class branching system, which every game involving classes should have. (Warriors could turn into Berserkers or Guardians, etc)

God, I miss that game. Then that stupid World of Casualcraft came and ruined everything.
EQ2 had both those things...lol

Both EQ's were amazing one of the few MMO's I would go back and play besides SWG.

also they invented most of the shit WoW stole from them. Then everyone claimed that that WoW had so many ground breaking ideals that no one had done before. Especially cataclysm, if I read correctly cataclysm is about some disaster that re-shapes the world and makes everything different, which was exactly what happen in EQ2.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-get-a-cataclysm-style-reboot-of-its-own.aspx

I had to lol at this

The PC EQ was decent, but I hated Everquest 2. Even if it wasn't a bad game, the art style killed it. Elves looked completely retarded, most races did.

They're supposed to be making "Everquest Next", which looks graphically amazing. I pray for a console release, because to this day people are playing EQOA on PS2.

The PC EQ was decent, but I hated Everquest 2. Even if it wasn't a bad game, the art style killed it. Elves looked completely retarded, most races did.

They're supposed to be making "Everquest Next", which looks graphically amazing. I pray for a console release, because to this day people are playing EQOA on PS2.

lol wtf the art style in EQ2 sucks? did you even play it?

apparently they are making a planetside next as well, i'm almost more interested in that because the first one was one of a kind.