Gaming Thread

I know you don't, Max. But a lot of people do.

Shadows, I can't say for sure Dragon Age 2 is going to be toned down really bad. I'm expecting it to be like the jump between Mass Effect 1 and 2, and in a game like that, that's a lot. I just laid out the facts. Well, all that wasn't a fact was how far the classes will be customized, but I also think it's safe to say that won't be far. For all I know they're adding RPG elements in other ways, although I seriously doubt it.

John, I think you'd really like Eve. You seem to be the sandbox/RPGer kinda guy like me. It's an MMO but it's more like an MMO where you can swindle a multinational conglomerate for billions, hijack transporters for their loot or just gleefully blow them up while they cry to you in local about how they're going to have to mine for another two weeks in order to get that ship again (because all losses are real...you lose your ship, you buy another one), and then murder your best friend for fun and steal all his lewts.

Or, you could go the peaceful route and join a corporation hell bent on destroying such pirates. Or just stay in high security space and run missions, explore wormholes, or do mining. It's fucking limitless, man. On top of all that, with the next expansion later this year, you'll be able to leave your ship in stations and walk around. Buy a drink at a pub. Get into a fight. Gamble. Buy shit. Go shopping.

I plan on running around wearing nothing but a top hat and monocle humping people's legs in stations.

Games like WoW, LotR, the new Star Wars MMO are all theme park MMOs, meaning they take you on a ride for a while, show you different scenery every now and then, and then when you get to the end, the ride's over. You have to get back on from the beginning. Sandboxes are more like, "Here is this, this, and this. Do with it what you will. The world is your oyster."

Come on man, you know you wanna. It's totally worth the 15 dollars per month. TOTALLY.

I always get tempted to start playing Eve again, but every time I do I'm bored within a few weeks. Though last time I didn't play with anyone, that probably didn't help.

Come on, Maxie. Do it. Just last week we got tired of people horning in on our territory so we blew up their POS. Got another one tomorrow. Capital ships, mang. For the laypeople, a Player-Owned-Station is a starbase that your corporation owns.

I personally love the pirates who hijack you and ransom you for a song...literally. They make you join their audio channel and sing a song to them and if they like your performance they won't kill you.

Last edited by a moderator:
johns post reminded me how much i loved morrowind. fuck i remember playing that shit on XBOX haha! it was just so fun going around and doing whatever, exploring the entire world, going from day to night, all the weather effects, so many houses etc. finally i grew out of my dumb-fuckery and got it on pc though i don't think i did many of the expansions except maybe bloodmoon. still such a fucking fun game though, i remember being baffled at the size of Vivec and the water graphics and such and just killing all the shop keepers and taking their shit; when oblivion came out i was FLOORED by how amazing it was and wasn't even running it on full settings on my comp. I think i mostly played it on 360 again like a tard so once i beat just cause 2, fallout 3, new vegas, me2 and all dlc and all the other games i still have i'm definitely going to dl oblivion and all the expansions to replay it (or see if i can find my save games).

sadly winter break ends on monday for me so no more video games =( . I barely even finished the ones i wanted; only me2 and some of the expansions and i still have a little bit of content left and i didn't even finish fallout 3 to get to the brotherhood of steel expanion yet.

NO FUCKING SPOILERS PLEASE! after you beat fallout 3 with the brotherhood of steel expansion do you just get to keep playing? i remember that with fallout 3 you couldn't play past the end (please don't rehash the ending for me, i mostly forgot it and kinda remember as i go along but its still a surprise) so it'd be great if i could just continue playing beyond that, beat that expansion, explore the world and then do all the other expansions before hitting up new vegas.

John, I think you'd really like Eve. You seem to be the sandbox/RPGer kinda guy like me. It's an MMO but it's more like an MMO where you can swindle a multinational conglomerate for billions, hijack transporters for their loot or just gleefully blow them up while they cry to you in local about how they're going to have to mine for another two weeks in order to get that ship again (because all losses are real...you lose your ship, you buy another one), and then murder your best friend for fun and steal all his lewts.

Or, you could go the peaceful route and join a corporation hell bent on destroying such pirates. Or just stay in high security space and run missions, explore wormholes, or do mining. It's fucking limitless, man. On top of all that, with the next expansion later this year, you'll be able to leave your ship in stations and walk around. Buy a drink at a pub. Get into a fight. Gamble. Buy shit. Go shopping.

I plan on running around wearing nothing but a top hat and monocle humping people's legs in stations.

Games like WoW, LotR, the new Star Wars MMO are all theme park MMOs, meaning they take you on a ride for a while, show you different scenery every now and then, and then when you get to the end, the ride's over. You have to get back on from the beginning. Sandboxes are more like, "Here is this, this, and this. Do with it what you will. The world is your oyster."

Come on man, you know you wanna. It's totally worth the 15 dollars per month. TOTALLY.

CHRIS WHAT IS YOUR IN GAME NAME lol

I totally would DW but my computer couldn't handle it. :(

Do you have a P4 processor? As long as you have a Pentium 4, your computer can run it. Don't forget this game started in 2003.

Just give it a try. The 14 day trial period is free. If you like it, sub it and join my corporation...I'll help you get started.

CHRIS WHAT IS YOUR IN GAME NAME lol

:lol: Dude I already told you:

Astenion. What's yours?

Did you miss it? :lol:

BTW, I'm the CEO of my corporation. I be runnin' dis shit...so if you wanna join just lemme know and I'll help you get started. I inherited this corporation from the last CEO as he was leaving; he felt I could take it over and not fuck it up. We do everything, so whatever you're into is fine with us. We're currently trying to focus on PvPers and mission runners, though. We do roams just about every day with the alliance to protect our space. What kind of player are you?

:lol: Dude I already told you:

Did you miss it? :lol:

BTW, I'm the CEO of my corporation. I be runnin' dis shit...so if you wanna join just lemme know and I'll help you get started. I inherited this corporation from the last CEO as he was leaving; he felt I could take it over and not fuck it up. We do everything, so whatever you're into is fine with us. We're currently trying to focus on PvPers and mission runners, though. We do roams just about every day with the alliance to protect our space. What kind of player are you?

Yeah I must of missed it. Strange I even double checked, oh well.

I'm not sure what kind of player I am. I never made it that far.

Right now I'm focusing on exploration/technology kind of stuff and not so much military.

One more thing, Steve. Where's your main? Your character was created like two days ago, but you said you wanted to come back to Eve. Did you delete your main?

ARE YOU A SPY? HMM? :lol: