Gaming Thread

I mean, my problem is there was nothing to do differently replaying the game.

For example, you could choose to side with Witherfang or the Elf leader, but that decision only changed about 5 minutes of gameplay. And maybe another 5 at the end if you even chose to use them for help. No matter what you do, the story is going to play out more or less the same way. No matter what, you have to follow Biowares typical "Point A, Point B, Point C, do them in any order", formula. Which makes level scaling mandatory. Why level up when everything is going to level up with me?

That's something I'm hoping will change in Dragon Age 2. I'd like decisions to have a profound change on the world.

Having said all that, Dragon Age was the only good non PC exclusive RPG to come out in the last 5 years. Aside from Mass Effect 2, which was just a shooter. Edit-I forgot New Vegas.

sometimes searching for rule 34 pics turns out hilarious

c1299569e8aef30c472dbcf968ef6e162e09dd57.jpg

Yuck, apparently Bioware says Dragon Age 2 is only going to be a bit longer than half of Origins, which was ridiculously short to begin with.

The more I hear about this game the less I want to play it.

Yuck, apparently Bioware says Dragon Age 2 is only going to be a bit longer than half of Origins, which was ridiculously short to begin with.

The more I hear about this game the less I want to play it.
Source?

Origins wasn't THAT short. Orzammar in particular was far longer than it should have been. Gah, what a ghastly grind.

I usually get around 50 hours each out of the first couple playthroughs if I do everything, which is right around when i start getting tired of most games, so that works for me. I don't really want a game longer than that, as shown by the fact that I still haven't finished Oblivion.
Even if it is "only a bit longer than half", that'd still make it longer than the ME games, which is fine IMO.

Not very reassuring considering Dragon Age had probably the worst side quest I've ever seen.

I'll give this game a chance but if it follows in the foot steps of Mass Effect 2, Bioware won't be getting anymore of my money.