Gaming Thread

you guys seen the deus ex hr pc screenshots? i gotta say i'm kinda disappointed; the art direction i'm liking (some will hate it through, really gold and black) but the actual graphics and textures themselves aren't looking that hot. the recomended specs are like an intel low i5 processor, 2 gb ram, ati 5850 card (1 gb, a little worse than my old card) so i'm hoping i can pretty much just jack the shit out of the settings and make it look better because seriously i think the art direction is really cool and futuristic and seeing those with great effects would be bad the fuck ass.
Deus-Ex-uman-Revolution-Hengsha-Hive.jpg

Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-laser-room.jpg

Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Chimney.jpg

Also this has me kinda worried, if deus ex hr recommended processor is close to mine will i be able to run skyrim and rage really well? i'm hoping so because i really want to experience the full graphics of that and don't want to get a new processor but (like always with me for some reason) i feel like my processor is the weakest link.

Intel i5 2420 3.1 (or 3.4 i forget) quad core
radeon hd 6980 (i think), 2 gb, really fucking good
6 or 8 gb ram (i think 8, again i forget hurp durp)
legit ass 1080p 24 inch monitor

am i good?

Also one last question, in fallout 3 i keep getting crashes and its driving me fucking insane; th egame basically stops and the audio keeps going in a looped fashion of whatever music is on and the screen just freezes and i have to ctrl alt delete and end the task. i've tried a bunch of solutions and the only one i found was where you input in the ini file inumhwthreads=2 (basically limits it to 2 cores because supposedly the game has problem with quad cores) but the downside is this seirously fucks up performance. when i can run it on all cores with threading it works and runs amazingly but crashes once every 30 minutes - an hour but if i do that other setting it just is not as great. according to newegg my intel processor is in the 2400 series of i5's and doesn't support hyper threading, would that mean my processor doesn't support the threading that gamebryo uses? that wouldn't make sense considering how new my processor is and how old the game is. if anyone has any fixes they can think of (i turned off the gx on my sound which was crashing oblivion and oblivion is fine, its just fallout 3 even from a fresh install and fresh ini and when i edit it same thing) that could be used to allow me to keep all 4 cores active but stop it from crashing (i've tried enabling threaded ai which was one solution, i tried disabling the gx sound, i've tried pretty much anything i can find).

In other news, I just made this...
Someone posted a video on Facebook... It was to my first more "adult themed" anime.. "Ninja Scroll..." (Lots and LOTS of brutal violence/killing) I was like 9 or 10... Went from watching Ronin Warriors and Sailor Moon, to this... (Probably why I'm messed up in the head...)

Anyway, when I saw this, I paused the video, took a screen shot, and made the picture... It was just TOO perfect...

230647_10150191489704625_856749624_6574886_7479949_n.jpg

(Edit)

I posted the picture I made BEFORE I saw your post, man... It's uncanny how well it fits, thought, hahahaha....

(End Edit...)

I just can't get into these modern console sequels and remakes. I don't actually want a 3D Zelda or Metroid or Castlevania game, and am perfectly happy playing the SNES versions. Possibly I am just being a cranky curmudgeon, though.
No, I have the same thing. I liked FO3 and loved FO:NV, but I'd have been happier if they just made a new game with the old FO2 engine...

"Mass Effect 3 will be released in the first three months of 2012. The development team is laser focused on making sure Mass Effect 3 is the biggest, boldest and best game in the series, ensuring that it exceeds everyone’s expectations.” - Casey Hudson, Executive Producer Mass Effect series

Thats far too long to wait.

"Mass Effect 3 will be released in the first three months of 2012. The development team is laser focused on making sure Mass Effect 3 is the biggest, boldest and best game in the series, ensuring that it exceeds everyone’s expectations.” - Casey Hudson, Executive Producer Mass Effect series

Thats far too long to wait.

NOOOOO FUCKSHITDICKASSBITCHFUCKASSSSSSSSSSSS

there goes this holiday season being the greatest ever; skyrim will still be amazing but it was looking to be outrageous.

In other news, I just made this...
Someone posted a video on Facebook... It was to my first more "adult themed" anime.. "Ninja Scroll..." (Lots and LOTS of brutal violence/killing) I was like 9 or 10... Went from watching Ronin Warriors and Sailor Moon, to this... (Probably why I'm messed up in the head...)

Anyway, when I saw this, I paused the video, took a screen shot, and made the picture... It was just TOO perfect...

230647_10150191489704625_856749624_6574886_7479949_n.jpg

(Edit)

I posted the picture I made BEFORE I saw your post, man... It's uncanny how well it fits, thought, hahahaha....

(End Edit...)

Ninja Scroll ftw

Bethesda could learn a thing or two from this.

No. Bethesda had plenty of time to make Skyrim all it needed to be. They try to be too ambitious with every game, and judging by what Todd Howard has said and the slow release of information, they realize that.

Skyrim god damn better not be delayed. This is the first time there hasn't been a huge technological gap in an Elder Scrolls game.

Besides, if you keep up with the forums Bethesda has addressed concerns from Morrowind fans. This game will be better than Oblivion. I stake two years of my life on it.

I would rather wait the extra X amount of months for a solid, stable game. I am glad that Bioware is taking the extra time. It sucks that we have to wait, but I am sure it will be worth it.

Bethesda/Obsidian do make great games, no doubt. Most of the time I encounter so many bugs and problems (with the PC versions) that playing the games just became frustrating.

Yeah. It seems like they rush the games often. NV was damn near unplayable during the first few weeks of its release.
True, true, but you can't deny that Obsidian is one of the few companies that still want to make a good game, in the old spirit, not a game that has to sell.

My dream game: The Obsidian team, formerly of Black Isle making another game using the Planescape setting.
Not my dream game, even though PS:T is the best game ever. It just won't be the same.

...I just remembered I have Planescape Torment somewher. I can't believe I haven't played it after all the wonderful things I heard about it.

Although...I couldn't get into Baldurs Gate 2, I hope this is much better.