Gaming Thread

...I just remembered I have Planescape Torment somewher. I can't believe I haven't played it after all the wonderful things I heard about it.

Although...I couldn't get into Baldurs Gate 2, I hope this is much better.

You must play PS:T. As far as plot is concerned, it is the BEST written game ever. Anyone who disagrees with that is wrong. The replay value is pretty high too. I think there are 5 or 6 endings. I've only played it 4 times, so haven't seen em all myself.

stupid question but can you play Steam games offline and not being logged into Steam? I have to switch the cable between my 2 computers when I want to go on the net on my gaming computer and I don't like having Steam open while I play (no real performance hit but I just don't like it).

Is there some way I can just launch New Vegas from an .exe without steam or internet?

You have to be connected to sign in once, but from there click "go offline" in the menus, and then it'll stay in offline mode and you can play most of the games.

Steam still has to be running though.

You have to be connected to sign in once, but from there click "go offline" in the menus, and then it'll stay in offline mode and you can play most of the games.

Steam still has to be running though.

ugh guess I can't avoid the internet cable switching but oh well, thanks a bunch. I really wish there were an option to do it without that (one would assume since it has to download all the files and there must be some sort of executable opening it up) but it's worth it for the awesomeness that Steam provides and the fact that I'm going to start Fallout NV from the start in preparation for the new DLC (so fucking sexy) coming the next few months. I'm baffled that they're not including the option to play after the ending like broken steel did for fallout 3 but if I'm restarting it I'll just make sure to do everything with as little of the main quest as possible and then finish it up again.

Well, once you set it offline once that computer shouldn't need to ever reconnect again, it just requires you to log in to steam once so you can set it to offline.

But it doesn't always work right, steam offline support has been buggy for years and it's nothing they've ever really worked on.

I seem to recall being able to play my steam games when my internet was disconnected without manually clicking the offline button.
Pretty sure you can use your Steam games when offline, yes. Some games require online log-in, like L4D, but most don't.

Was pretty funny though. Most of the game, all I would hear it....
STTTEEEEEEEEEEVEEE! :lol:
STAY OUT OF THE FIRING LIIIIIIIIIINE!!!